Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 15:45   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Myth? Buddy I coughed up 3.3K for replacing the Combination Switch (The Lights, Wiper Stalk)
Issue: Brake Light, Parking Lights Now functioning
Reason For Replacement: That C thingy is not servicable

Then paid 7K to fix the AC Compressor. The word "Repair" = "Replace ONLY" in Ford A.S.S

Otherwise it's an excellent car, I absolutely love it and that's the reason I still pay these huge bills and have it. But we can't expect the general car buying public to love their cars and be ready to pay huge service bills you see

So unless Ford addresses the maintenance cost issue people will stay away from it. I think GM tried to address this for the Optra through some Extended Warranty or ZERO maintenance package.

P.S: If someone from Ford is reading this post- You have spoiled the looks of the Ford Ikon (From what I saw on the Spy Pic).
A Close friend has just sold the ikon for the same reason,the maintainace costs of the car are very unreasonable,the bad part is most parts are not serviceable they need replacement.

The other day we were joking about the car i wondered if the car had some timer fitted in the ECU to fail the components on regular intervals despite best efforts.
Old 16th August 2008, 16:12   #182
BHPian

Quote:
The word "Repair" = "Replace ONLY" in Ford A.S.S
That C thingy is not servicable
Yeah, most have it that way, eg) Honda. Many parts aren't serviceable.
They've spoiled the looks of the car big time.

Last edited by gendarmee : 16th August 2008 at 16:14.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:34   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Myth? Buddy I coughed up 3.3K for replacing the Combination Switch (The Lights, Wiper Stalk)
Issue: Brake Light, Parking Lights Now functioning
Reason For Replacement: That C thingy is not servicable

Then paid 7K to fix the AC Compressor. The word "Repair" = "Replace ONLY" in Ford A.S.S

Otherwise it's an excellent car, I absolutely love it and that's the reason I still pay these huge bills and have it. But we can't expect the general car buying public to love their cars and be ready to pay huge service bills you see

So unless Ford addresses the maintenance cost issue people will stay away from it. I think GM tried to address this for the Optra through some Extended Warranty or ZERO maintenance package.

P.S: If someone from Ford is reading this post- You have spoiled the looks of the Ford Ikon (From what I saw on the Spy Pic).
don't know bro: i don't have faith in the company service to be honest. i have my own trusted mechanics. things work out alot cheaper. but it's true for any car/bike that not everyone can have a trusted mechanic.
Old 29th August 2008, 14:45   #184
BHPian

Is it still worth buying the current model for 4.49L ex-showroom, if we are not interested in the 1.4TDCi coming in the new model?
Old 29th August 2008, 16:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Is it still worth buying the current model for 4.49L ex-showroom, if we are not interested in the 1.4TDCi coming in the new model?
The Facelift Ikon has a disappointing front as per the spy pics. Do not expect major revamps in the interiors. If you sticking to the 1.3 Flair i would suggest you to go for the present Ikon !!
Old 29th August 2008, 17:08   #186
BHPian

well, i was just considering a budget sedan with good rear seat comfort and decent shock absorbers which will give a decent ride quality.

my current santro is too bumpy.

though the accent is old, the shape still is good for me, but am worried about its chasis build quality.

hence my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The Facelift Ikon has a disappointing front as per the spy pics. Do not expect major revamps in the interiors. If you sticking to the 1.3 Flair i would suggest you to go for the present Ikon !!
Old 29th August 2008, 23:43   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well, i was just considering a budget sedan with good rear seat comfort and decent shock absorbers which will give a decent ride quality.

my current santro is too bumpy.

though the accent is old, the shape still is good for me, but am worried about its chasis build quality.
Hi Murali, in terms of build quality, the Ikon is quite good, and hold up pretty well in terms of bad roads. Ride qualiy is decent, and you should not have any complaints as such. In terms of interior space, its better than the Accent, offerring good rear seat comfort.

To evaluate these further, take a test drive of the Ikon with your family, and then arrive at a collective decision.
Old 30th August 2008, 10:00   #188
BHPian

hi benbsb29

well i did that - my question is if it is worth buying it at this time, when we know pretty well that the new model is coming out in a couple of months.
having said that, the other catch is that if the newer one is not of good taste, we also stand to lose this offer of 4.49L ex-showroom.
Old 30th August 2008, 11:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi benbsb29

well i did that - my question is if it is worth buying it at this time, when we know pretty well that the new model is coming out in a couple of months.
having said that, the other catch is that if the newer one is not of good taste, we also stand to lose this offer of 4.49L ex-showroom.
Murali, as already mentioned this model has the Josh ! Yes you will lose the resale . But still at that price i think you can go ahead with present Ikon.
New Model is expected in 2-3 months.
Old 30th August 2008, 12:19   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think that ford would be able to increase price drastically with the facelift. The new petrol one will remain with the same price or may be few thousands extra. Its the diesel one which will be more expensive. And if you'll pay few thousands extra on new model you will get that back when you do the resale.

Ikon like safari has evolved a lot with each update, therefore I expect a still better Ikon this time again and suggest strongly to wait for new launch... Couple of features extra will make it more josh..
Old 30th August 2008, 15:06   #191
BHPian

The IKON is really a josh machine – 4.49 offers looks worth and attractive especially if you are not looking at diesel. Others in range are like Dzire and Logan – but doubt if they will give that much josh! They are for different reasons. In terms of vehicle build, I would also give it a few marks more than Accent.

But in overall context it may be worth to wait till it is clear what exact changes are happening in new model and the price. Even as this information becomes available, you still will have some stock of the present version with dealers. So if you find the new version not much of worth, you can as well take the present version – and at this point you will also get good discounts/freebies.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:02   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Where is Ford ?

But where is Ford ? There's no news, no updates, nothing atall.

The Ikon TDCi would have been a good competitor in that category, where we have only the Indigo, DZire & Logan today.

Anybody with any news / updates / ..?
Old 18th September 2008, 13:12   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But where is Ford ? There's no news, no updates, nothing atall.

The Ikon TDCi would have been a good competitor in that category, where we have only the Indigo, DZire & Logan today.

Anybody with any news / updates / ..?

I think its already announced that Ikon 1.4 TDCI will come with a facelift after Diwali. Around November. But what info we dont have is if Ford is actually testing a 1.6 TDCI for the Fiesta. That would surely give Verna some more competition.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:46   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

And the Ikon TDCi can give the competiton some sleepless nights. If the 1.4 TDCi pushes the Fiesta to 18kmpl, the Ikon can definitely go further.

The wheelbase of the two is the same, though L, B & H is a little smaller. Difference in Boot space is just 30 litres.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:50   #195
Team-BHP Support

The LBH may be smaller, but Ikon is miles ahead of the Fiesta when it comes to rear seat comfort. This also makes it very Taxi-able.

However, the Ikon failed with the pathetic 1.8l diesel engine once. Lets see how this one goes !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks