Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:28   #76
BHPian

i10 "CRDE" (?!) in Bangalore:

Today, while commuting on Residency Road, I spotted a gray i10 with an orange-ish CRDE sticker on the side of the bonnet. Due to the heavy traffic, I could not get close enough to see if there was black smoke from the exhaust. It was from the Advaith showroom at the M.G road end of Residency Road (it was headed there).

I know this is uncertain and unlikely. Why would it have a CRDe sticker, and not a CRDi badge? What could it be? A spoof by the dealer?
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:47   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post

Today, while commuting on Residency Road, I spotted a gray i10 with an orange-ish CRDE sticker on the side of the bonnet. Due to the heavy traffic, I could not get close enough to see if there was black smoke from the exhaust. It was from the Advaith showroom at the M.G road end of Residency Road (it was headed there).

I know this is uncertain and unlikely. Why would it have a CRDe sticker, and not a CRDi badge? What could it be? A spoof by the dealer?
what u saw was petrol one all of them have that bage
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:21   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post

You probably saw the IRDE badge which is the petrol engine.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:48   #79
BHPian

Oops! Thanks for the clarification.
I should have known from the peeling sticker that this was not new enough to be something like the i10 diesel...
Old 3rd June 2008, 03:17   #80
BHPian

Ok i10 diesel wont come out until late september :-)
and what happened to getz diesel?
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:46   #81
BHPian

HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM THE i 10

I hope that the i 10 diesel would be a serious competition to the SWIFT D as the Santro is to Alto and Wagon R from the Maruti stable.

In terms of sheer numbers, I feel the Palio MJD cannot match up to the SWIFT D. Further, poor after sales service from the FIAT-TATA alliance does not help matters in any way for FIAT PALIO MJD.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Gautam Misra;851827]I hope that the i 10 diesel would be a serious competition to the SWIFT D as the Santro is to Alto and Wagon R from the Maruti stable.

i10 a competition to a Swift? With all due apologies to i10 owners, I find this car seriously lacking in looks. It may have other virtues but looks is certainly not one of them. I do not find it attractive from any angle. In fact, I find Santro much better looking and spacious. But in my opinion, best looking small car crown goes to Saprk. Most well proportioned car, I would say. Next comes Swift with its solid block looks. Then Indica. All other small cars look ill-proportioned, if not ugly, to me.

Besides, the way Hyundai is pricing its cars these days, I won't be surprised if i10 diesel costs a shade over Swift D. If that happens then you will have to be a diehard fan of Hyundai to buy an i10D.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
I hope that the i 10 diesel would be a serious competition to the SWIFT D as the Santro is to Alto and Wagon R from the Maruti stable.

In terms of sheer numbers, I feel the Palio MJD cannot match up to the SWIFT D. Further, poor after sales service from the FIAT-TATA alliance does not help matters in any way for FIAT PALIO MJD.
I dont see it as a SERIOUS competition to Swift DDIS ! First of all im quite sure i10 will be priced around Swift DDIS . For a 1.1 l Diesel it will be a rip off if it enters Swift s price bracket. Gautam, please don have high hopes from Hyundai . Their pricing strategy seems to disappoint me ( No offence to Hyundai owners).
Old 14th June 2008, 12:06   #84
BHPian

i 10 crosses 1 lakh export mark in 7 months.

Hyundai crosses one lakh export mark for 'i10'- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 16th June 2008, 23:36   #85
BHPian

Info on the I10, 1.2L engine

Better performance than the current 1.1l, but same fuel economy.

Hyundai i10 Gets Big Engine | Road Tests, Auto Features
Old 17th June 2008, 11:46   #86
BHPian

While i10 diesel may not really threaten Swift diesel, i10 diesel automatic will get good demands from the consumer if they put a good automatic transmission (performance and fuel efficiency).
Old 17th June 2008, 13:06   #87
Senior - BHPian

If 1.2 i10 does have good FE it will do well. Any idea about launch date?
Old 25th June 2008, 09:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

i 10 Diesel expected around Jan '09 !
Old 25th June 2008, 11:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
i 10 Diesel expected around Jan '09 !
Great!! Whats your source?
Old 25th June 2008, 13:13   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Great!! Whats your source?
ACI had mentioned about it in the July edition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks