Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 19:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Mandating purchase of book during license test. Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
OT, do you speak/understand Tamil?
Well, I pretty much speak and understand Tamil! Have been in Chennai all my life . So I am very sure what they meant when they hard sold the book to me!

There is definitely something going on. Also, as Ajitsingh suggested, the RTO itself doens't seem to be aware of it. I've decided to confront the school, especially after seeing what you people have said about it.
Old 7th January 2017, 11:03   #62
BHPian

Re: What to expect from the car driving schools?

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the correct thread. Can someone please suggest me a good driving school in Goregaon (West), Mumbai? My wife and sister want to learn driving and I am on the lookout for good driving schools? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also what is the cost these days for learning driving? I just want to have a rough estimate so that I am not quoted a higher price. Also, should we select a bigger car or smaller car for learning?
Old 7th January 2017, 12:00   #63
OSH
BHPian

Re: What to expect from the car driving schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Can someone please suggest me a good driving school in Goregaon (West), Mumbai? My wife and sister want to learn driving and I am on the lookout for good driving schools? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also what is the cost these days for learning driving? I just want to have a rough estimate so that I am not quoted a higher price. Also, should we select a bigger car or smaller car for learning?
You can go with a school that provides a home pickup/drop facility, ask your friends in the locality for recommendations. Pricing will depend on how many months of training you choose (IIRC minimum is 1 month for around 3000-3500 bucks).

As your wife and sister will be learning, my advise is to choose a school where the ladies find the instructor comfortable to interact with. I say this because two years back my girlfriend started learning and she was not comfortable going alone with that instructor, I had to accompany her everyday because of this.

Regarding which size of car to choose, just go with the one they will drive mostly. They need not learn on a scorpio/sumo if they are going to drive a city/corolla everyday.

Bro, just let them get their license, then it is better that you yourself teach them everything correctly, don't depend on the school to teach them anything apart from clutch release/braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks