Team-BHP - Santro GLS Automatic is available again
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Santro GLS Automatic is available again (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36438-santro-gls-automatic-available-again.html)

Would like to inform Santro lovers and value seekers that Santro with Automatic transmission is being made available again. Dealers have received pricing but there are some issues on the total package like discounts offered and special scheme for the ladies. Have visited two dealers and both gave the same reply today but good news is that both confirmed this.clap:

Does this also mean that i10 automatic is a bit distant away and Hyundai doesnt want to lose on potential customers? Incidentally this is the only car in its segment which is available with auto option. Hyundai had stopped production in 2007 and perhaps they realised it soon that they are turning away many customers.

With the recent hike in custom duty, well the prices are sweeter and there is a special scheme for women from Axis bank. I am waiting for this month's scheme / offers which is likely to be finalised by tomorrow. Till now insurance free scheme is on.

I' ll appreciate if anyone can throw some light on any major issues with this car. I find it very economical as compared to other cars available with auto options.

Mods may please, put this thread at appropriate forum as deemed fit. Thanks.

Thats interesting. Even if its available I would suggest to get the i10 as it a better product and you are on the safe side as its new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 745719)
Would like to inform Santro lovers and value seekers that Santro with Automatic transmission is being made available again. Dealers have received pricing but there are some issues on the total package like discounts offered and special scheme for the ladies. .

Nice to have the auto again, but does Hyundai think it is feminine to drive autos?

Special scheme for ladies? So we should send our wives to buy?

What a nonsense!

Thad, you don't need to do that, Lol. All it means is that if you are registering the car in the name of your wife, sister, mother etc. they will probably throw in some additional sweeteners.

Hey just for thought, Santro with automatic gearbox is an ideal car for Dilli traffic. Can be bit dent on the pocket for the FE, but i think CNG can compensate for that as CNG is already very successful in Santro.

Amit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 745840)
Special scheme for ladies? So we should send our wives to buy?

What a nonsense!

Special scheme for ladies matters only if you need to go for loans. Axis bank has given rack rate of 13.75 with 4% payout and 50% off on processing and stamp duty fees. In case you go for outright purchase or through your own bank then this is not applicable but then yeah, no financer can better this.
Apart from this usual scheme / offer for Santro(10K / free insurance is available. Tomorrow March specific scheme is likely to be announced , which is likely to be better than the current offer. Its Woman's Day on March 8th and hence, this gesture!

And nothing like it if your wife , mom or sister or girl friend likes to gift it to you or if you like to buy for her , either way she may be your co-applicant and it needs to be registered in her name, which I am sure no one would mind.

I dont think Hyundai considers it a ladies car only but they are targetting woman customer in view of Getz and Verna CRDi and more performance oriented cars in manual gears, I guess:D.

As far as I am concerned, I am fed up of driving manual cars in my daily commute of 80 kms and want to switch over to an auto one and surely like to pick this up and can retain my Verna too till I exchange it for Safari or Innova or may be Scorpio Auto- if its launchedcheers:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 745758)
Thats interesting. Even if its available I would suggest to get the i10 as it a better product and you are on the safe side as its new.

Its not yet launched :Frustratiand no news as yet and precisely this was the reason I posted this thread to know if anyone has any news on i10 automatic and I cant wait as I had almost booked Civic AT despite not liking it as it was leaving me with little options but to sell my 4 months old Verna VGT sooner or later due to financial considerations.

Why dont they plonk in the auto in the i10.Probably it would be costing a bomb in the i10.
ram

why would it cost a bomb in the i10 if they give the AT with a basic trim level like they did with the Santro? Surely it will cost less than the fully loaded i10 with sunroof and all. Anyways I think there is a market for a good fully equipped small auto. When I bought a Santro AT for my wife last year there was no option for any of that stuff. I would have paid more it is was available. Hyundai has a good AT box and small car. They can exploit the niche because there is no competition in the segment.

The old santro AT was not in the lowest version.It came with the variant which is just lower than the highest variant.It was always like that.If the excersis was to be repeated with the i10 it would be costing really high so that customers would think of the cvt from honda if comparing the prices.
ram

The current AT is available in the top model of Santro - GLS. This has only front power windows and no fog lamps. Rest of the features of earlier top model are retained. The prices post budget have been revised and with the current offer /scheme( Insurance free) and corporate discount, on road price in Thane is 4.27 lakhs with extended warranty, earlier it was 4.78 lakhs.

The on road price of CVT is 8.74 lakhs with Corporate discount(25k) but now comes with alloys. Just for your info.

The santro GLS is the current top model which is sadly the variant which was just below the top one before.So nothing has changed except the badge.There is a difference of almost 60 k for the AT compared to the similar MT variant.So in that case i10 top variant with AT would be costing more than 5.25 lakh.Isnt that too much for a vehicle in that segment.
ram

The Santro AT used to come in the XL trim which had only front power windows, black bumpers, black dorr handles, no rear wiper or defogger. The top end used to be the XO. So I guess the GLS is nothing but the XL. But if the prices are reduced then its a good buy for those looking for a small AT car as a city runabout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 747406)
The old santro AT was not in the lowest version.It came with the variant which is just lower than the highest variant.It was always like that.If the excersis was to be repeated with the i10 it would be costing really high so that customers would think of the cvt from honda if comparing the prices.
ram

Ram, I never said it was the lowest version. I said "basic trim level". As Dippy said, all it has is power steering and front power windows by way of creature comforts. I should know - I have one. I do not think that an i10 with a similar feature set and automatic transmission will cost anywhere near the Honda City CVT. It may cost marginally more than the Santro AT.