Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:03   #106
BHPian

Isn't that a truck in the background? Well, SunnyBoi, looks like you're right But nevertheless, can you imagine driving this on perfect roads in the Himalayas? That would be my ultimate bucket list item
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nice supercars, but where will you drive them?

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Isn't that a truck in the background? Well, SunnyBoi, looks like you're right But nevertheless, can you imagine driving this on perfect roads in the Himalayas? That would be my ultimate bucket list item
Flatbed rules!! Why a Lamborgini? even a formula 1 race car has driven those few hundred meters as a part of a publicity stunt a few years ago. My take on super-cars in India is: If you have the money to spend a few crores without batting an eyelid, then a super-car can be bought as a part of improving your home decor, a super-car or a few high end cars in your porch does wonders to your image. However if you plan to drive them extensively, also buy a flatbed which can take the car to where ever you please and there you can drive it around and pose for pictures
The real rich I believe would rather invest in private helicopters and light business aircraft to move around quickly.
For us auto lovers it makes far more practical sense in investing in a super bike compared to a super car, just for the sheer usability...
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:14   #108
Senior - BHPian

It's indeed a pity we pay so many taxes and yet have probably the worst roads in the world. Yes, I wonder, too, where do they drive. Our speed-breakers are suspension-breakers. If you do not slow down, it may take out, bumpers, radiators, aircon compressor , the oil sump and a host of other things off a supercar. I doubt even with the lift-up option a supercar would clear the bumps that Bangalore has. Then there are potholes big enough to swallow the whole car.

But then, we still have supercars. Its buyers are the ones with more money than to know what to do with. After all, no one buys a supercar on EMIs. When you are super-rich, then you probably say to yourself, "I have got to buy whatever is for sale". They don't need it, they just want it.
Old 24th January 2016, 15:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

A video of the Khardung La Lambo.

schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks