Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 13:47   #16
BHPian

Murano will be more expensive than x-trail,Santa fe etc.It will go 30 plus.
It looks better from back.Front the grill is pretty boring.

Last edited by jerish666 : 5th March 2008 at 13:49.
Old 5th March 2008, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

30-40 lacs sounds good. nowadays there's no fun if a car does not cost a few tens of lacs. WTG Nissan, hope you sell all 10!
Old 5th March 2008, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

And just BTW, in Bangladesh the X-Trail is used by the highway police! Just shows how affordable cars can be when you have low/non-existant import duties.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:52   #19
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
And just BTW, in Bangladesh the X-Trail is used by the highway police! Just shows how affordable cars can be when you have low/non-existant import duties.
Thats one side of the argument.

Other side is that if imported cars are cheaper, then no manufacturer will build cars in india. We wouldnt have tatas, mahindras, marutis and hyundais in india and would be running just on cheap imports. so by making imported cars unaffordable, govt is pushing car manufacturers to build these cars in india. Else we would have seen innova and hondas getting imported from thailand.

That said, its the maturity of some manufacturers like maruti that they go ahead and build good cars in india, while some immature ones like nissan still prefer to import cars.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Edit...that also makes me wonder....why are bongs using a nissan instead of a tata/mahindra or a maruti?

Last edited by LLL : 5th March 2008 at 19:54.
Old 5th March 2008, 20:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here is the latest Murano with the wacky front grille. I've driven a 07 Murano and its absolutely fab ride. A friend picked up a fully loaded one for 37K OTR.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Murano CUV to be launched-2009murano1.jpg  

Old 5th March 2008, 20:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Thats one side of the argument.

Other side is that if imported cars are cheaper, then no manufacturer will build cars in india. We wouldnt have tatas, mahindras, marutis and hyundais in india and would be running just on cheap imports. so by making imported cars unaffordable, govt is pushing car manufacturers to build these cars in india. Else we would have seen innova and hondas getting imported from thailand.

That said, its the maturity of some manufacturers like maruti that they go ahead and build good cars in india, while some immature ones like nissan still prefer to import cars.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Edit...that also makes me wonder....why are bongs using a nissan instead of a tata/mahindra or a maruti?
I get it LLL. I was just giving an example as to how the perception of a car differs from country to country depending on what it costs.
An example of the connection between high duties and local manufacturing is ANZ: The indigenous car makers in those countries faded into oblivion when they dropped duties on imports. That example is often cited by Indian policy makers.
However that doesn't explain why taxes are so high on cars made in India and why the policy doesn't change with changing times. A car is not a luxury any more.
Old 5th March 2008, 20:36   #22
BANNED

why dont these stupid companies only launch in 20lak up category dont they know something around 5 laks also exists. how sick is that man. nissan has 2 cars both about 20 laks BLAH
Old 5th March 2008, 21:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I hadn't seen the new Murano but the one posted by Mpower looks completly mismatched ! The older one was so much better.
Old 5th March 2008, 22:48   #24
BHPian

that grill looks real menacing. I kind of like it.
Old 5th March 2008, 22:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
that grill looks real menacing. I kind of like it.
I saw several at Singapore - The best part is the from Grill, great macho look.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Its positioned much above the X trail. It has sold well in the US and look much better in real than pics.
It's the Nissan version of the Infinity FX, so its defiantly not competing with the CRVs, this a premium SUV. Which is why i fear its gonna be priced in the high 20s.

dude..you are mistaken.. it is not nissan's version of the infiniti.. they are wayyy different.. they dont share anything in common. even the engine used is differnt they maybe same in displacement but thats about it.

and the current version is too ugly up front.. i liked the facelifted design of the previous version which had led taillamps which looked really cool.

if this is launched in the crv territory, then sales of the crv will decline for sure but it can be vice versa because of the poor dealer and service network of nissan.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:16   #27
BHPian

Nissan Murano

I have driven them here in Costa Rica. awesome car. have stretched it till 120 mph. its a beast. lets see how nissan positions it in india. Costa Rica has a 100% duty on cars imported from US. so it ranges between
$ 40 - 48K
Old 6th March 2008, 00:55   #28
BHPian

any chance they launch it here with the V8, they do in videsh.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:18   #29
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Man you have to drive the Murano to know its potential...infact I like the infiniti Fx35 version better.
Specs:Grade VQ35DE
Type
DOHC, 24-valve 6 cylinder, in-V type
Bore x stroke mm
95.5 x 81.4
Displacement cc
Max. power (Gross) hp/rpm
266/6,000
Max. torque (Gross) kg-m/rpm
36.2/4,400
Compression ratio
10.3 to 1
Fuel system
EGI
Fuel tank capacity (L)

thats what the Dubai market gets, dunno if it comes de-tuned here...hope not.

Infiniti trim specs
Engine 3.5-liter (3,498 cc) 24-valve V6, aluminum-alloy block and heads. Low-friction molybdenum-coated pistons.
Valvetrain Double overhead cam (DOHC), 4 valves per cylinder with microfinished camshafts. Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System optimizes opening of intake valves.
Intake system High-flow tuned induction system.
Horsepower 289 hp @ 6,200 rpm
Torque 37.9 kg-m @ 4,800 rpm
Transmission Electronically controlled 5-speed automatic. Driver-adaptive learning algorithm senses driving style and adjusts automatic shifting accordingly. Manual shift mode offers sequentially selected manual gearshifts.
Drive wheels All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Murano CUV to be launched-wallpaper2_640x480.jpg  

Last edited by nitroxx : 6th March 2008 at 01:25.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:21   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
dude..you are mistaken.. it is not nissan's version of the infiniti.. they are wayyy different.. they dont share anything in common. even the engine used is differnt they maybe same in displacement but thats about it.

and the current version is too ugly up front.. i liked the facelifted design of the previous version which had led taillamps which looked really cool.

if this is launched in the crv territory, then sales of the crv will decline for sure but it can be vice versa because of the poor dealer and service network of nissan.
I know they are very different but i think they are built on the same chassis/platform hence it's regarded as nissans version of the FX

Same way the Accord is the honda version of the Acura TSX. They share totally different displacements and power, as well as interiors/looks are totally apart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks