Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 13:39   #136
Team-BHP Support

See i told you so, Honda has realized that pricing matters. No wonder they kept projectors and all off the list, which actually will not be missed by majority of Indian buyers.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:51   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
See i told you so, Honda has realized that pricing matters. No wonder they kept projectors and all off the list, which actually will not be missed by majority of Indian buyers.
Does anyone have insight into plans to rationalize prices for CRV? The diesel version arrival date or in anticipation of the Outlander. The other end is the Civic which needs to go back to its old price. Honda seems to be the best VFM with a snob/brand value attached to it and with classy interiors. The Laura's/L&K success of the tapping the aspirational value of upwardly mobile Indians seems to have triggered and further strengthened Honda's strategy.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:21   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Does anyone have insight into plans to rationalize prices for CRV? The diesel version arrival date or in anticipation of the Outlander. The other end is the Civic which needs to go back to its old price. Honda seems to be the best VFM with a snob/brand value attached to it and with classy interiors. The Laura's/L&K success of the tapping the aspirational value of upwardly mobile Indians seems to have triggered and further strengthened Honda's strategy.
Gentlemen: pisces84 was asking for a comparison of the Laura vs the Civic, and you seem to be talking his language. Could you please download something in his direction? I didn't know how to go about finding such a thread.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:58   #139
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Camry was always in trouble from Day 1 and will continue to remain that way until Toyota localizes it.
I fail to understand why Toyota skimps on building the Camry locally. It is an equally fantastic sedan, and is worth every bit if priced at 18 - 20 lakh rupees.

The Innova is the only strong sales performer that Toyota has, and also (probably) makes them the most money. The Camry would sell like hot cakes in a sub-20 lakh price, and give Toyota yet another sales winner (relative to that segment).

Buttttttttttttttttttt they wouldn't have the guts to do it to the current gen. Why? Because all the dudes who paid 27 lakhs will stage a dharna outside their HQ, thats why! If the Camry is ever to be localised, I presume it would be for the next generation (5 - 6 years away).
Old 15th May 2008, 17:09   #140
BHPian

The prices of the 6th & 7th generation accords would fall in the secondhand market I presume.
Could anyone predict how much would a 6th gen (04-05) cost after this 8th gen is on the roads ?
Old 15th May 2008, 17:53   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It will make a difference to the resale of the 7th gen, but not the 6th which was anyways bargain-cheap! I have seen them going for 4.xx lakhs!
Old 15th May 2008, 18:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
The prices of the 6th & 7th generation accords would fall in the secondhand market I presume.
Could anyone predict how much would a 6th gen (04-05) cost after this 8th gen is on the roads ?
AFAIK, 6th gen was last sold in 2003, so you can only find 7th gen Accords if you're looking at 04-05.
Old 15th May 2008, 19:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car at Arya today. Was unimpressed back then in DXB, and remain unimpressed now. The headlamps are massive and give the car an imposing presence, yes, but they look *cheap* with regular bulbs. The rear bumper as mentioned earlier, looks odd with the lone exhaust which again, is massive. Thoroughly bored with the interior job, it looks massively (of course) BLAND. But four of my friends, including one who's just ordered his, think I've lost it. So I belong to the slowly thinning demographic of those who aren't too pleased with this car.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

The car will surely hit sales of camry, teana and if they get the diesel soon, its may creep into the sales of the superb , passat and maybe even the 3 series, c class and the a4
!
Old 16th May 2008, 18:14   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The car will surely hit sales of camry, teana and if they get the diesel soon, its may creep into the sales of the superb , passat and maybe even the 3 series, c class and the a4
!
since u mentioned all the cars. i think the civic auto takes a small hit on this too since it is priced at 14.5 laks and accord is few laks more. most indians buy on emi's so they might just end up buying this and not the civic
Old 16th May 2008, 19:14   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
!
I dont think the accord can hamper sales of the german marquees thanks to their snob value....The camry and teana will be murdered...the superb will be hit hard too as well as well as the passat to some extent,only their diesel engines will keep them alive.
Old 16th May 2008, 19:44   #147
Senior - BHPian

If its a decent enough looking car (I think it is), is priced correctly (which it is) and has low maintenance and high resale value, it will sell. Honda has a very good name in India. It will definitely beat the others in this segment.

Sad that the Camry is not manufactured locally. It is a great car but somehow Toyota seems to have lost the plot.
Old 16th May 2008, 20:15   #148
BHPian

This new generation will give a run for Camry and Altima. This new accord will be a Poor man's BMW ( in styling only) and will a hit on roads like CIVIC. The V6 model is a monster with 268 hp (US version).
Old 17th May 2008, 07:45   #149
BHPian

They should seriously launch the Nissan brand in India, at least with the Sentra and the Altima. Both are really good value for money.
Old 17th May 2008, 13:53   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
since u mentioned all the cars. i think the civic auto takes a small hit on this too since it is priced at 14.5 laks and accord is few laks more. most indians buy on emi's so they might just end up buying this and not the civic
Well true to some extent.
But people would still continue to buy the civic thanks to its superb design and interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I dont think the accord can hamper sales of the german marquees thanks to their snob value....The camry and teana will be murdered...the superb will be hit hard too as well as well as the passat to some extent,only their diesel engines will keep them alive.
Maybe the germans wont be affected. But the as and when the diesel accord comes out,, definitely the passat, the superb will be hit badly. Skoda will have to make something extraordinary out of the suberb for it to sell in front of the accord.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks