Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 14:53   #151
Senior - BHPian

Although it looks ok... the design rip off from the bemmer was a downer for me. It looks like a poor man's BMW when it should have had it own identity, the Accord.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:01   #152
Senior - BHPian

How many of you saw the Accord review on Wheelspin?

The ticker kept flashing "Accord comes with adjustable seats and Steering" like it's some huge technological breakthrough!
Old 19th May 2008, 15:38   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

But the as and when the diesel accord comes out,, definitely the passat, the superb will be hit badly. Skoda will have to make something extraordinary out of the suberb for it to sell in front of the accord.
I still don't think the Accord diesel will do much, for the simple reason- A german diesel engine IS a german diesel engine. Its a proven,trusted technology in India which have set benchmarks every year.

I wouldn't put my money on a Honda diesel engine for a while as there obviously is some glitch because of which they havent yet launched it in India.
Old 19th May 2008, 16:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I still don't think the Accord diesel will do much, for the simple reason- A german diesel engine IS a german diesel engine. Its a proven,trusted technology in India which have set benchmarks every year.

I wouldn't put my money on a Honda diesel engine for a while as there obviously is some glitch because of which they havent yet launched it in India.
You are grossly under-estimating the Honda brand pull and the Honda fascination the average Indian car buyer has.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:12   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You are grossly under-estimating the Honda brand pull and the Honda fascination the average Indian car buyer has.
With a price tag of 17 lakh+ it definatly isn't something every "average indian" is going to be able to afford.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:18   #156
BHPian

Quote:
With a price tag of 17 lakh+ it definatly isn't something every "average indian" is going to be able to afford.
Make that 20L+ for a diesel!

Elito
Old 20th May 2008, 11:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You better hope diabloo doesn't read this.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:11   #158
BANNED

I read it. What then? I am just another member on this forum who has opinion. Everybody has opinions and I respect that.
I try my best to clear the misconceptions and guide the people in the right direction.
Quote:
You better hope diabloo doesn't read this.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:50   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If Honda's diesel engine is good enough to sell in the European market, I'm pretty sure it has no major glitches. It is after all the most demanding market in the world & even more so when it comes to diesels. Plus, knowing Honda's engineering prowess & their reputation for building outstanding engines, I would seriously doubt they would release an engine which has some inherent problems. Their cars can have other components which might not be as good as the competition but rest assured that their Engine+gearbox will always be class competitive & dead reliable.

And yeah, them Japs are still top of the chain in reliability terms worldwide.

Just a question: When was the last time you heard of a Honda having an engine problem?

Quote:
Agreed, it has some brand image & pull in our market. I sometimes think that if Honda even released a bullock cart with some fancy styling & the 'H' badge that too would sell like hot cakes here!!
Old 20th May 2008, 13:20   #160
Team-BHP Support

Its not the engine that Honda is scared of; its the adulterated diesel in India that has had them thinking

Last edited by Eddy : 20th May 2008 at 13:37.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:30   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Just a question: When was the last time you heard of a Honda having an engine problem?
Just a question: When was the last time you heard of a Honda diesel engine, especially in this part of the world?

No doubt Honda petrol engines are reliable as hell, but when it comes to diesels i am not too sure about them. Simple reason being, the price diff between diesel and petrol in India is one of the largest worldwide, so why would Honda not launch a diesel engine in a market hungry for good diesels? The only rational reason i can think of is, their diesel powerplants are just not good enough to handle our fuel.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:51   #162
BANNED

- it would have topped the bullock cart sales chart . Luckily, Honda is not into that market and so bullock cart manufactures can breathe easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I sometimes think that if Honda even released a bullock cart with some fancy styling & the 'H' badge that too would sell like hot cakes here!!
Old 20th May 2008, 15:12   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Its not the engine that Honda is scared of; its the adulterated diesel in India that has had them thinking
If Mercedes, BMW , Audi, Fiat, Ford and even Toyota diesel engines can run on Indian diesel then why would a Honda diesel face problems?

The reason for no Honda diesel is simple. There is no reason for Honda to launch a diesel. Their petrol models outsell diesel competitors by a HUGE margin month after month.

Examples?

City outsells Fiesta, Verna.

Civic outsells Octavia, Laura.

Accord outsells Laura , Sonata.

Accord V6 (Petrol guzzler) was probably outselling Superb Tdi too!

CR-V outsells Captiva, Tucson.
Old 20th May 2008, 15:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:
If Mercedes, BMW , Audi, Fiat, Ford and even Toyota diesel engines can run on Indian diesel then why would a Honda diesel face problems?

The reason for no Honda diesel is simple. There is no reason for Honda to launch a diesel. Their petrol models outsell diesel competitors by a HUGE margin month after month.

Examples?

City outsells Fiesta, Verna.

Civic outsells Octavia, Laura.

Accord outsells Laura , Sonata.

Accord V6 (Petrol guzzler) was probably outselling Superb Tdi too!

CR-V outsells Captiva, Tucson.

Amit rightly said, All Honda cars are selling like Bread Butter in their respective segments. May be in near future, there might be need for Honda to pull in some Diesel variants. cheers:

Just curious to know, does Honda has its own Diesel technology?
Old 20th May 2008, 17:30   #165
BANNED

Technology:
  1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...da-s-ctdi.html
  2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ti-diesel.html
Now in India, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-spy-pics.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Just curious to know, does Honda has its own Diesel technology?

Last edited by diabloo : 20th May 2008 at 17:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks