Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 19:34   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
With a price tag of 17 lakh+ it definatly isn't something every "average indian" is going to be able to afford.
They are definitely "average Indians" when it comes to knowledge about 'cars' and related jargons, while those who know like me, cant afford one! :P
We still live in the world of cc's where in larger capacity engine is more powerful than an engine with smaller cubic capacity.
Old 20th May 2008, 19:42   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If Mercedes, BMW , Audi, Fiat, Ford and even Toyota diesel engines can run on Indian diesel then why would a Honda diesel face problems?
Mercedes didnt needed a diesel engine to sell. For someone hell bent on buying a Merc, petrol or diesel wouldnt have made any difference. Its about the manufacturer and its foresight and its about giving the consumer an option. An Accord with a diesel engine if priced sensibly will take the sales away from most of the cars in that segment, superb, passat included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The reason for no Honda diesel is simple. There is no reason for Honda to launch a diesel. Their petrol models outsell diesel competitors by a HUGE margin month after month.

Examples?

City outsells Fiesta, Verna.

Civic outsells Octavia, Laura.

Accord outsells Laura , Sonata.

Accord V6 (Petrol guzzler) was probably outselling Superb Tdi too!

CR-V outsells Captiva, Tucson.
The way I see it... all the more reason to bring in the diesel engine and kill whatever sales others have.
Old 20th May 2008, 20:51   #168
BHPian

Colour!!

Has anybody seen the "crystal black pearl" colour on new accord. How is it different from regular nighthawk black? Does anyone has a pic of the car in this shade? All the dealers in Delhi&NCR are telling that the production of this colour has not yet started and will be avaliable by june end only. I have booked the car in this shade but now getting inclined towards bold beige metallic. Please help me decide
Old 20th May 2008, 21:13   #169
Senior - BHPian

Rightly said Amit, though I think its sometimes not about what Honda does but what the competition doesn't do.

Skoda unfortunately their very high A.S.S

Hyundai with very average products. Sonata and the Elantra (though it was a better loaded one than the Accord)

Ford with the Ikon/Fiesta which doesn't seem to inspire anyone.

Toyota is the only company which could have own. Unfortunately they just the very old Corolla as of now and the Innova.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:12   #170
BHPian

Thanks diabloo ! The thread looks good to me.
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:54   #171
Senior - BHPian

Went to see the car yesterday. Seemed ok to me. I'd take the prev gen looks over this.
Too many creases and angles, imo. The stance is nice though. Wonder how many cars will have cracked headlights in our traffic. They portrude soo much. Base model not having indicators on the ORVMs is an eyesore.
Price list has only 1 MT and 1 AT listed. The base price. The sales rep said that the 'higher' models do not come from the factory. The cosmetic add ons are fitted at the dealership.
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:58   #172
Team-BHP Support

Popped into Dakhsin to have a look. It did not move me. Looked too Yankee tank inside and out for my liking- the Passat parked outside had more showroom appeal
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:32   #173
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The sales rep said that the 'higher' models do not come from the factory. The cosmetic add ons are fitted at the dealership.
Not a bad idea. It is a simple job, and gives the dealer that extra margin.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_agl View Post
Has anybody seen the "crystal black pearl" colour on new accord. How is it different from regular nighthawk black? Does anyone has a pic of the car in this shade? All the dealers in Delhi&NCR are telling that the production of this colour has not yet started and will be avaliable by june end only. I have booked the car in this shade but now getting inclined towards bold beige metallic. Please help me decide
Crystal Black Pearl is more common in the Acura range of cars, Honda primiarliy used Nighthawk Black Pearl so far. Its as black as one can get with a little more coarser metallic grain in it. Beige would be the last color to chose on such a shape! Black, White and Greys will look best.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:51   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not a bad idea. It is a simple job, and gives the dealer that extra margin.
True, but the fit and finish would not be a patch compared to factory fitted.

I honestly found the kit pretty ugly,it makes those horrid alloys look even more out of place. HOWever, the boot lip spoiler is something I'd wanna get for sure.

I agree with autopsyche on the color option, the white would be best out of the lot to get the aggressive lines out.

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd May 2008 at 10:53.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:49   #176
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
True, but the fit and finish would not be a patch compared to factory fitted.
I am under the impression that they come factory-painted. If this is true, then fitting it entails only a couple of screws. Really no difference.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:19   #177
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Crystal Black Pearl is more common in the Acura range of cars, Honda primiarliy used Nighthawk Black Pearl so far. Its as black as one can get with a little more coarser metallic grain in it. Beige would be the last color to chose on such a shape! Black, White and Greys will look best.
IMHO, the blue available in the US market is the best looking and I hear this color will be made available in a few months from now.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
IMHO, the blue available in the US market is the best looking and I hear this color will be made available in a few months from now.
Hey Joz - Thats good news. I was really looking forward to the blue. Care to disclose your source and how many months is a few in Honda Language? If we are talking a month or two, I may be tempted to push back my purchase.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:53   #179
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Hey Joz - Thats good news. I was really looking forward to the blue. Care to disclose your source and how many months is a few in Honda Language? If we are talking a month or two, I may be tempted to push back my purchase.
Source is reliable and the timeframe mentioned was 3 months. But the source added 'planning to offer' as part of the sentence. So don't hold me at ransom for this. If I were you, I would wait. You could also try prodding for more info at the dealer/company.
Old 25th May 2008, 03:37   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Caught the new Accord 2.4 manual, being tested on the expressway by a Car magazine on my way back from Pune a couple of days ago. ....... Will try to dig out the pics which I had transfered to my comp and post.
As promised, here are the pics I took but by now everyone knows how this car looks Anyways
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda Accord - Launched Pics on Pg 6-09052008528.jpg  

New Honda Accord - Launched Pics on Pg 6-09052008529.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks