Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 17:02   #181
BHPian

That looks like our very own Drifter in the second pic! Whatever the angle, the Accord looks massive....more so in the Indian context. It also (decidedly) looks more European than Japanese.
Old 25th May 2008, 18:29   #182
BHPian

Saw the new accord near Noida sec 15. Was NOT a test vehicle as it had registered DL plates and plastic on seats. The guys inside were having fun testing accleration!

The car looks BIG, stately and very german/european. Though it has a distinct raised look (front to rear) which kinda made it more loud than say a typically understated BMW. The rear and side view are WOW! can't say about front.

COns: The Alloys are garish and no no!, also the crome door handles looked a bit too flashy IMO

Elito
Old 26th May 2008, 11:53   #183
Senior - BHPian

The front grille reminds me of the OHC.
Old 26th May 2008, 21:59   #184
Senior - BHPian

Honda should launch the Accord Hybrid at Camry and Passat price points. Heck, launch it at about 50-90,000 more then these cars and it will still outsell the Camry and Passat combined month after month.
Old 26th May 2008, 22:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

A fellow Bhpian Urja had already Booked this car in Mid/Early May. Hopes to get delivery in June-Mid sometime ive heard.
Old 26th May 2008, 23:44   #186
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car today on-road, it certainly looked different from the league. It did looked massive !!
Old 30th May 2008, 16:46   #187
Senior - BHPian

A pic of the new Accord from a certain angle has been put up for an ad in today's Times Drive. It's front in that pic reminded me of the Lexus LS460.
Old 13th August 2008, 14:56   #188
BHPian

The Chevy Cruze due in mid 2009 could be competition for the "family" and " self drive" buyers of Accord IMHO. Its going to have the diesel from Captiva(2ltr with 30bhp more than magnum) as well . The CIVIC and ACCORD would/could face stiff competition with this car priced in between.

Chauffeur Driven Owners would still opt for Honda,but i feel the cruze can compete in this regard as well if they concentrate their PR more on the interiors. The Magnum already has set the reputation of chevy's diesel . No performance talk is needed and only luxury luxury luxury.If the Swift can sell on style and little compromise on practicality (rear bench leg room) to buyers in that segment, I dont see whay it cant work here.
Old 13th August 2008, 15:42   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The Chevy Cruze due in mid 2009 could be competition for the "family" and " self drive" buyers of Accord IMHO. Its going to have the diesel from Captiva(2ltr with 30bhp more than magnum) as well . The CIVIC and ACCORD would/could face stiff competition with this car priced in between.

Chauffeur Driven Owners would still opt for Honda,but i feel the cruze can compete in this regard as well if they concentrate their PR more on the interiors. The Magnum already has set the reputation of chevy's diesel . No performance talk is needed and only luxury luxury luxury.If the Swift can sell on style and little compromise on practicality (rear bench leg room) to buyers in that segment, I dont see whay it cant work here.

I think we already have a thread to discuss about the New Chevy Optra ( Cruze). Lets stick to the Accord here.
Old 13th August 2008, 17:58   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think we already have a thread to discuss about the New Chevy Optra ( Cruze). Lets stick to the Accord here.

Its also worth mentioning about the Cruze in the Accord thread for people to know about a vehicle coming up and hence read about it in the other thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks