Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 15:19   #106
BHPian

Having seen the dashboard, I do not think it looks mighty impressive for a new generation car. The Civic's dashboard is way ahead in terms of looks and futuristic design, methinks....so is the Camry's.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Disagree. By that logic all sedan look the same. IMO, both look different - Accord is less mean than a BMW.
Do you want the Accord to be a complete rip off with the same light, grille and the likes? Only then will you agree that it indeed is?
From merve's picture its very very clear that new Accord has taken more than just inspiration from the 5 series.
Stop defending Honda for the sake of it... its too much to bear now.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:49   #108
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Vid. Some observations from me (looking at the pics) :

1. Rear deat looks cramped. Leg room is limited. This is possibly because the front seats are pushed all the way back.

2. Nice looking glossy black headers.

3. Dual chrome finished tail pipes (a la sonata embera) would have accentuated rear looks to another level.

4. Spacious looking boot.

5. For a premium segment car, I'm surprised the steering wheel has no audio controls. Heck, no trip meter too.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:57   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice pics Vid. Some observations from me (looking at the pics) :

1. Rear deat looks cramped. Leg room is limited. This is possibly because the front seats are pushed all the way back.

2. Nice looking glossy black headers.

3. Dual chrome finished tail pipes (a la sonata embera) would have accentuated rear looks to another level.

4. Spacious looking boot.

5. For a premium segment car, I'm surprised the steering wheel has no audio controls. Heck, no trip meter too.

1. Rear seat is amazing. Imagine that much legroom with both front seats pushed all way back and reclined. Have a look at the recline angle in the pic with my friend sitting in teh front.

2. Engine bay looks sweet with the strut braces and headers. Also note AMaron battery.

3. Yup chrome dual exhaust would have looked cooler.

4. Boot is very very deep.

5. No steering mounted cause like the civic it's there for the rear passengers and it's not possible to have both.

Also one thing I forgot to mention. There is no aux port but instead it has a USB jack in the centre armrest console.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:00   #110
BANNED

With that setup, the driver cannot reach the pedals . So the driver has to push his seat forward. The already ample rear leg space is increased further .
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Old 14th May 2008, 16:22   #111
Senior - BHPian

There are 3 variants.
Can someone throw light on the difference between the three.
Old 14th May 2008, 17:30   #112
Team-BHP Support

All the features are same for the 3 variants. The only difference is the elegance has corner bumper protector strips, chrome tail lamp cluster, scuff plates on all doors and fully wooden dashboard finish.

The base 2.4 has a combination of silver and wood for the interior.

The inspire has the modulo body kit i.e. all round skirting with rear boot lip spoiler.
Old 14th May 2008, 17:45   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
All the features are same for the 3 variants. The only difference is the elegance has corner bumper protector strips, chrome tail lamp cluster, scuff plates on all doors and fully wooden dashboard finish.

The base 2.4 has a combination of silver and wood for the interior.

The inspire has the modulo body kit i.e. all round skirting with rear boot lip spoiler.
so for the first time it makes sense to go for a base model. still at 20 laks the steering controls should come and the cruise control too with sunroof as well. civic is for 14 so this on road should be 18 or 19
Old 14th May 2008, 18:01   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The steering looks like adapted from the swift but the
Ooops just realised. I meant to say Civic.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:05   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
No ideas at this point in time. I've no real reason to change car now..
But I'll surely check this one out for a TD..
I think you need a Jag XF!
Old 14th May 2008, 20:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Disagree. By that logic all sedan look the same. IMO, both look different - Accord is less mean than a BMW.
Thats not right by any margin.

Quote:
Tyre size is 215/60 R16. If this is 'terribly' small, then what is 'just' small?
Why are you picking on everyone's quotes ?
Old 14th May 2008, 20:39   #117
BANNED

I was just wondering if 215/60R16 for new Accord is terribly small (superlative adjective), the what size would be small? 225/60R16?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Why are you picking on everyone's quotes ?
Quote:
Tyre size is 215/60 R16. If this is 'terribly' small, then what is 'just' small?
Old 14th May 2008, 20:43   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was just wondering if 215/60R16 for new Accord is terribly small (superlative adjective), the what size would be small? 225/60R16?
dude use your brain. look at the pic? does it look small to you on the accord? it does to me. that same size would NOT look small on an sx4 but it looks small on the accord. try and understand for once.

and maybe 17" or 18" with 225s would look good on the accord.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 14th May 2008 at 20:46.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:52   #119
BHPian

PRices announced on their website!

HONDA LAUNCHES PREMIUM UPSCALE ALL-NEW 8TH GENERATION ACCORD

(14 May, 2008, New Delhi)

Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, has announced the launch of its premium, upscale All-new Eighth Generation Honda Accord in India.

The new Honda Accord has been completely redesigned, with a larger wheel-base and Advanced & Powerful new exterior styling. The car has spacious interiors, with upscale luxury features. The overall length and width of the car has increased by 80 mm and 25 mm respectively, making its dimensions best in the class.

Although the size of car becomes bigger, there has been no compromise on driving pleasure and fuel economy. At the heart of the Honda Accord is Honda’s advanced 2.4 litre i-VTEC engine that delivers class-leading power of 180 ps which is more than the outgoing Accord and fuel efficiency has been improved by 8%. The engine also delivers outstanding environmental performance and meets Euro-IV emission levels and is E-10 (10% ethanol and 90% unleaded petrol) compatible.

The All-new Accord comes with 5-speed Manual Transmission and 5-speed Automatic transmission with Paddle shift, to give the exhilarating experience of F-1 racing. The AT now has Shift Holding System which avoids unnecessary gear shifting on winding roads and helps in hassle free drive.

The handling is another key improvement in 8th Generation Accord. The chassis and the body have been renewed by introducing Honda’s latest technology to achieve best in class handling. Together with Variable Gear Ratio (VGR) steering, the new Accord becomes quicker and more agile despite its big size. The new Multi – Link Rear suspension aids in stable driving.

Safety of passengers and pedestrians is a top priority for Honda. The new Accord is equipped with the best of safety technologies, with intelligent six airbags, including side curtain air bags, Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body and G-Force Control Technology (G-CON) for enhanced safety of the vehicle occupants during a collision. The use of high-tensile steel has been considerably increased improving torsional rigidity, while also achieving major weight savings.

The interior design blends luxury with advanced functionality including eight-way power seat adjustment with lumbar support, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, an advanced audio system with a centre multi–selector and USB port. As in India, this car is mainly chauffeur driven, HSCI has customized some features to suit the Indian customer’s driving habits. So, the car has rear audio controls, rear AC vents and reading lights at the rear.

The All new Honda Accord will be available in three types in both Automatic and Manual transmission – Accord 2.4, Accord 2.4 Elegance and Accord 2.4 Inspire.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Masahiro Takedagawa, President and CEO, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. said, “We are delighted to launch the 8th generation Honda Accord in India. With ‘luxury-car dimensions and performance’ and increased safety and luxury features, the all-new Accord is sure to redefine the Upper D segment in India.”

He added, “Since 1976, when the first-generation Accord was launched globally, Honda has sold more than 16 million Accords in 160 countries. Of these, more than 16,000 units have been sold in India since 2001. The latest model too has got positive reviews in the U.S.A., Japan and Thai market since its launch in 2007.”

The Ex- showroom price for Accord is given below
MT AT
Base 2.4 L 16.49 lakhs 17.24 lakhs
Elegance 16.79 Lakhs 17.54 lakhs
Aspire 17.39 lakhs 18.14 lakhs

About Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.

HSCI was established in December 1995, with Honda Motor Co., (Japan) and Siel Ltd. (India) as the key promoters. Honda’s models are strongly associated with advanced design and technology, apart from its established qualities of durability, reliability and fuel-efficiency.

Honda Siel Cars’ state-of-the-art manufacturing unit was set up in 1997 at Greater Noida, U.P. and has inaugurated its new expanded capacity of 100,000 units per annum in February 2008.

Honda’s most successful global model, the eighth generation Civic was launched in July 2006 and is already a segment leader. The Honda City ZX, the largest selling sedan in India, is today recognized as one of the most successful car brands in India. The company launched the 10th Anniversary edition of Honda City to commemorate the 10 years of Honda in India.

HSCI recently launched the 2.0L 2WD CR-V with Honda’s latest iVTEC engine. The 2.0L CR-V has better fuel efficiency without compromising on performance.

In 2007, Honda City Honda City Zx and Honda CR-V ranked first in the TNS Total Customers Satisfaction Award.

Corporate awards of HSCI in 2007 includes: ‘Best Executive Car’ (Honda Civic), CNBC Autocar Auto Awards, ‘Best Brand for eco friendliness’ (HSCI) by Auto India and ‘Best Ad campaign of the year’ (HSCI’s 10th anniversary campaign) by Overdrive.

The company operates under the stringent standards of ISO 9001 for quality management and ISO 14001 for environment management.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:00   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
The All new Honda Accord will be available in three types in both Automatic and Manual transmission – Accord 2.4, Accord 2.4 Elegance and Accord 2.4 Inspire.

The Ex- showroom price for Accord is given below
MT AT
Base 2.4 L 16.49 lakhs 17.24 lakhs
Elegance 16.79 Lakhs 17.54 lakhs
Aspire 17.39 lakhs 18.14 lakhs
Wow! marginally more than the model of Accord it is replacing! Now the Camry will have trouble.. It will also eat into the sales of VW Passat and Audi A4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks