Team-BHP - Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36724-ford-cuts-price-fusion-diesel-rs-22-000-fusion-plus-re-introduced-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 845907)
My friend its far refiend then Swift and rides like mini SUV, small pot hole humps you wont come to know at all,

You gotta be kidding me, the Fusion's urban ride quality is pretty harsh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO - Touring (Post 846818)
You gotta be kidding me, the Fusion's urban ride quality is pretty harsh.

Couldnt agree more!! Have been driven in a Petrol fusion and did not feel the ride quality to be that great. In fact I felt swift ride quality a tad better compared to fusion in the in-city stints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 846841)
Couldnt agree more!! Have been driven in a Petrol fusion and did not feel the ride quality to be that great. In fact I felt swift ride quality a tad better compared to fusion in the in-city stints.

I am a proud Fusion Diesel owner, and there is no better way to hurt my pride in this car than to compare it with a Maruti Swift.

Ride quality (both for the driver and for the passengers) is much better compared to a Swift. There is undoubtedly lot more noise in this car as compared to the swift, and this does give the impression that the car is not handling well (especially the thuds that creak thro over a pothole). But observe closely, only the noice comes thro and not the shock. Try this, switch on the music system, play at a volume that will suppress the noise and see if you feel the shock when driving over potholes. Let me know :)

This car is a driver's car. It handles much much better than the swift. The steering is true and the transmission set-up is lot better.

Fill the tyres with Nitrogen and feel the difference in the ride quality.

Srini

Guys, I dont want to sound harsh but IMO No amount of value addition can make the Fusion sell.
One straight reason....NO BOOT:deadhorse.

Do whatever you want...add whatever you want:
ABS
Airbags
Alloys
Climate Control
Music System
1.6 TDCi
Leather Upholstery
LCD Screens...................what else and what not

So what..you still have a Indigo, Logaan and for a bit more SX4 all with BOOTclap:.

Engine, Power, Reliability, Build, Space, Comfort, Gizmos all take a backseat when it comes to Mr.BOOT.

We are talking about lack of safety features here:
NHC, OHC, Ikon, Non-ABS Accent all happily sold and still sell inspite lack of all these safety features. No big deal.

To my understanding its mostly auto enthusiast who understand what an ABS is and how important it is. Airbags, aaahhh cmon, its for Mercs...that reflects from the sale of Swift ZXI.

NO BOOT...NO BOOTY!!!
We need a Fusion Dzire...are you listening FORD!!!lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pani (Post 847667)

Engine, Power, Reliability, Build, Space, Comfort, Gizmos all take a backseat when it comes to Mr.BOOT.

We are talking about lack of safety features here:
NHC, OHC, Ikon, Non-ABS Accent all happily sold and still sell inspite lack of all these safety features. No big deal.

To my understanding its mostly auto enthusiast who understand what an ABS is and how important it is. Airbags, aaahhh cmon, its for Mercs...that reflects from the sale of Swift ZXI.

NO BOOT...NO BOOTY!!!
We need a Fusion Dzire...are you listening FORD!!!lol:

Pani, the cars which sell the most in India, "DO NOT HAVE A BOOT"

eg.

Alto, Santro, I 10, Indica, Wagon R, Swift. Spark.

May be I would have forgotten some more. You might say that these dont fall in the price range of a fusion, well Swift D sells for 5 + lakhs and how about Fabia D which sells for 7+ lakhs and mind you Swift D does close to 3000+ a month and Fabia does 800+ a month. So boot has nothing to do with it, people look at Engine, Power, Comfort, Styling, features and the price and not the boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 847711)
Pani, the cars which sell the most in India, "DO NOT HAVE A BOOT"

eg.

Alto, Santro, I 10, Indica, Wagon R, Swift. Spark.

We are not talking about small cars.
In fact the very reason why Fusion doesnt sell is because of the perception that a big car has to have a boot else its NOT a big car.

Quote:

well Swift D sells for 5 + lakhs, Swift D does close to 3000+ a month
Sir, Fusion D is 7+ Lacs and thats where the whole point lies.
If you read my post, I have enumerated every thing and more that can be had in a 7 Lac car but my argument is....even if you have all them, still it wont sell. So what if its bigger than most D segment sedans (internally) compared to the Swift which is less roomier than a Wagon-R.
For 7 Lac, even if there is no engine, there should be BOOT.

Quote:

Fabia does 800+ a month
Its a Skoda, something next to Merc in India.please:

Quote:

So boot has nothing to do with it, people look at Engine, Power, Comfort, Styling, features and the price and not the boot.
Compare it to a Ford Ikon, Accent....where does it lack ??
Let me tell you...its a much better built car than a Ikon, much more spacious, equally powerful, far better interiors, can go almost anywhere but still...

Well, the boot is a deciding factor for many. The additon of a boot to the Indica was the sole reason for the success of the Indigo.
The fusion has ample bootspace though, so i cannot really get to why Pani would start about 'absence of a boot'.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 847754)
The fusion has ample bootspace though, so i cannot really get to why Pani would start about 'absence of a boot'.

manson.

Thats the whole point...Its not about Bootspace...its about a BOOT. An extra box boot:Frustrati. Something that Fusions and SRVs dont have hence are not qualified as a big car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srini09 (Post 847566)
I am a proud Fusion Diesel owner, and there is no better way to hurt my pride in this car than to compare it with a Maruti Swift.

Did not mean to hurt any one's feelings mate.. Like i said I have only been driven around in a Petrol Fusion, only for about 25-30 minutes and did not feel that the passenger comfort was that great. I have driven as well as been driven in my friends Swift Vxi a lot and felt that its much better!! Like they say, to each his own! And I dont own a fusion or a swift.

No hard feelings mate.

Hey comfort you get on a swift while driving cant never be compared to a fusion

if you are 6'1 tall then never mind i take that back :-)

Does Fusion Plus give only 4 alloy wheels? i was surprised when my neighbour removed his spare wheel and saw that it was not alloy.