Team-BHP - Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000 + Fusion Plus re-introduced (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36724-ford-cuts-price-fusion-diesel-rs-22-000-fusion-plus-re-introduced.html)

Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000

a tiny relief for Fusion Lovers :)

Ford cuts price of Fusion diesel by Rs 22,000- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

They took little longer than the others. But this is welcome.

Too little of a drop in the ocean. Even at this price, the Fusion is heavily overprices, especially as it has zero accessories(as in ABS/Airbags etc etc) and the diesel engine is a slouch. Still not going to help...

I consider the fusion a highly under-rated and over-priced car.

The price cut is welcome, but its still over priced by atleast 75K

Is it going to make any difference? I doubt.

Are the substantial discounts still around? Last that I checked (a year back), the dealer discount was over a lac, though for the petrol.

This would make it roughly 7.2 OTR Delhi. I think the Swift Vdi would be around 5.5 OTR Delhi and Getz D around 6.3 OTR Delhi ? All non-ABS.

Even the Getz D looks more financially attractive than the Fusion D. The Swift D, of course, has all of them beat by a yardstone.

I have lined up for buying a Fusion D, the day it comes back with ABS and Airbags and the price gets knocked off by another 50k :D/ even stays the same. Pretty sure this is not going to happen in my lifetime.

P.S:When will the damn manufacturers ever realize that safety is paramount today and not offer us just a steel cage on 4 wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcstheg (Post 753081)
I consider the fusion a highly under-rated and over-priced car.

The price cut is welcome, but its still over priced by atleast 75K

Couldnt agree more with you. The Fusion drives well, has good engines and a large boot (for a hatch) AND qualifies for the excise exemption. All messed up by the thoughtless pricing.

I smell a versa syndrome here.lol.Versa had a huge launch and was priced heavily,later the prices came down like rain and finally end of the product-almost.Ford guys have to be a little more agressive regarding the fusion else it would dissapear soon from india.
ram

i dont think this will make any difference in the sales.i think the ford network is to be blamed for this,THE A.S.S is not up to the mark

maybe if ford cuts prices by another 70-80 thousand,then it will bring the sales up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaserQ (Post 754070)
Couldnt agree more with you. The Fusion drives well, has good engines and a large boot (for a hatch) AND qualifies for the excise exemption. All messed up by the thoughtless pricing.

I am a prospective Fusion buyer myself and have been waiting for this excise cut for sometime now. Combined with the Mp3 player as a March masti offer, Fusion diesel is effectively 33k cheaper at the minimum. Considering the mileage it delivers, it's now lot more attractive than the petrol version.

I know most of us believe at the current price Fusion might not be a VFM proposition, but just to offer a different perspective, there is not one car that replaces the Fusion for a lower pricing. The car is under-rated, that everybody agrees. It's a different package altogether with it's ground clearance and space inside differentiating it to the traditional hatch just to name a few (in fact, it's more spacious than most C-Class sedans). And yet we all have this feeling that Ford is charging us extra. Personally, I will only blame Ford for poor marketing apart from the A.S.S woes.

Arguments welcome,

Srini

Well, the fusion has a mixed bag of responses. If the fusion was about a lac cheaper - then it would hve been a hit. Its got a good package, however, i personally feel its overpriced. The OTR for a fusion D is about 7L, i wouldnt pay that much for a diesel hatchback car.
IMHO - ford has tried desperately to position and reposition the fusion ever since its launch. This has led to a very different positioning in the consumers mind.
IF ford wnted to peg the fusion as a "Premium" hatch, it should have gone that route. Howver, it was priced at the premium range but wanted to be a "peoples" car - leading to a mixed positioning.
Yes the fusion might be called a great car - but again - what is it trying to convey?

The best opurtunity they had in reversing the price was when the facelifted fusion was launched few months back.Lost opurtunity wont come back.Now we might see a couple of reduction in prices and then the customers would lose their faith in the model resulting in the absolute death of the car.A wonderfull hatch destroyed.
ram

Ford still has an opportunity to resurrect this vehicle is to top it up with the ABS, Airbags,an ICE(even a token one) and retain the same / slightly lesser pricing. All this for the Fusion D.
Am sure there will be a lot of takers for this.But i am sure Ford has heard this before and just do not seem to have enough sense to understand. No wonder they are getting thrashed in their home markets.

After that price cut news, there's another news for New variant of Fusion in Today's Economic times.

"Car maker Ford India on Tuesday launched a new variant of its hatchback Fusion with additional features, price starting from Rs 6,16,500.

The company said the new variant of Fusion would be available in 1.6 litre petrol and 1.4 litre diesel versions, which would be priced at Rs 6,16,500 and Rs 6,83,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

"We have enhanced the value equation of the Ford Fusion Plus with the inclusion of key features. But we were very careful to retain well known Fusion qualities such as superior performance and driving pleasure," Ford India Vice President (Marketing, Sales and Service) Scott McCormack said in a statement.

The new versions would include features like height adjustable driver's seat, power adjustable outside rear view window, all new anti-lock breaking system and 15-inch alloy wheels.

The introductory offer this month on the new car - Fusion Plus - would include a MP3 player with 4 speakers. "

Source- Economic times