Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 15:53   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Can't they EVER get ANYTHING done properly. Nobody wants the petrol palio, now they launch the diesel one which everyone wants, and won't supply it to dealers until they also lift the petrol!
You are getting worked up about an unqualified rumour. If you see the rest of the thread, some people have already test driven the vehicle. Some dealers have opened booking with 2 week delivery time.

I don't see any pattern where TATA/FIAT is stalling the sales of Palio. I have personally visited Manipal/BLR. The sales guy says the cars already in the warehouse (they did not have one for TD though).

Perhaps the "rumour" is just FUD about FIAT.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:34   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumours always seem to gain more importance.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:54   #168
BHPian

Actually the scene in Pune is pretty good.

I was told that the car is available ex-stock in Red and Black.

I also observed that the sales staff weren't giving step brotherly treatment to Palio at all. On the contrary they were pushing for Palio MJD over the current Indica saying that people should wait for new Indica (X1/V3) to make its debut.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:18   #169
Senior - BHPian

yeah. When i went to my TASC for a service, a guy there were gushing about the new fiat launches. When i asked him about the indica dicor/ indigo CS , he was less enthusiastic :P (despite both these cars being physically present a few meters away !)
Old 13th March 2008, 17:40   #170
BHPian

3 Weeks Waiting in Chennai

Plan to book a Magnesium Gray SDX tomorrow, be the second customer in Chennai. The issue however being that I have been advised a 3 week wait, from posts above some cities seem to have stocks ready. wonder what the truth is
Old 13th March 2008, 18:44   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkail View Post
Plan to book a Magnesium Gray SDX tomorrow, be the second customer in Chennai. The issue however being that I have been advised a 3 week wait, from posts above some cities seem to have stocks ready. wonder what the truth is
Don't forget to post the pics of your car once you get it
I wish to see how does Magnesium Gray SDX will look like with those new front grill cheers:
Old 13th March 2008, 19:00   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkail View Post

yesterday when i was taking the delivery of my 1.6, i asked the sales guy about diesel palio and he told me that they were supposed to get the TD vehicle 2-3 days before ...... there is no news from fiat according to them apart from launch date ...
Old 13th March 2008, 19:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
yesterday when i was taking the delivery of my 1.6, i asked the sales guy about diesel palio and he told me that they were supposed to get the TD vehicle 2-3 days before ...... there is no news from fiat according to them apart from launch date ...
Congrats Rahul on your purchase!
Old 13th March 2008, 20:27   #174
rkg
Senior - BHPian

on any given day palio is better than swift. because people buy cars to travel with family/friends at least once in a while. at such times the inherent virtues of palio will come to forte. swift is basically for two adults + 2-3 kids with a freemusic system provided by MSU in the form of door rattles. (my personal opinion)
Old 13th March 2008, 20:42   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Maybe we should double upp the production of VDI-ABS and the LDI soon,lol.The availability would be a more serious issue at fiat than msil.The dealers are asked to lift petrol version to get proportionate diesels-end result the sales guys would lure the customers to buy indica dicore than a MJD.
They should change the strategy here.
ram
Ram is that something you 'Assumed' or you have a strong source to prove it authentic?

I have friends at TATA, Kochi who did a VERY VERY Serious ROFL hearing this
Old 13th March 2008, 22:12   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
a freemusic system provided by MSU in the form of door rattles. (my personal opinion)

Maruti dealers in Kochi are offering an upgrade to the music system - 1.5k off on the new ICE in exchange for your old ICE - says the ad. I am not interested. Not sure if they will take door rattles back.
Old 13th March 2008, 22:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
swift is basically for two adults + 2-3 kids with a freemusic system provided by MSU in the form of door rattles. (my personal opinion)
Atleast Maruti is being democratic and offers this feature on all their car models, both old and new.
Old 14th March 2008, 08:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Anybody got any clues about the colours available. Hope FIAT comes out with some dashing colours as they normally did. Or have they changed in that department too?
Old 14th March 2008, 09:32   #179
BANNED

I think it is mainly in Red, Black for now but somebody here mentioned Grey also.
Old 14th March 2008, 11:20   #180
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

The Fiat Palio crash test video finally. The car get the same 3 stars as the Swift. This should put to rest all the speculations, arguments and discussions on Palio Vs Swift safety.

http://www.******************/fiat-p...sh-test-video/

Source: cubic capacity
Mods: Wasnt able to find the video link, so posting a third party link. If someone's able to find the youtube link please post it here. Mods you can delete this post then.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 14th March 2008 at 11:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks