Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 20:44   #331
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
A lot of other cars have independent suspension too, I wonder why doen't it happen with them.

I think none of the hatches in India come with independent suspension in the back except Indica.correct me if iam wrong
Old 27th March 2008, 21:03   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I think none of the hatches in India come with independent suspension in the back except Indica.correct me if iam wrong
I mentioned 'other cars' not just hatchbacks.
Old 27th March 2008, 21:13   #333
Senior - BHPian

So I guess its time to sum things up:

1. If the Indica is more powerful, it is only a feeling because the writer hasnt driven the phenomenal 1.3 MJD and therefore does not know what he is talking about.

2. If the Indica's plastics feel and look better, it can only be a feeling because the writer hasnt the faintest idea of what quality, fit and finish is. Of course, these things can only be found on a Fiat - mere cars cannot presume to reach such heights of perfection.

3. If the Palio's wheelwell and pedals feel cramped, it is only a feeling because the writer is not supposed to drive other cars and spoil his experience. You cannot possibly feel uncomfortable in a Palio. It is simply not done.

4. If the Palio's rear seat ride is harsh, it is because the writer cannot appreciate the European ride quality of the car - nevermind if the roads are nowhere near those in Europe. By extension, if the Indica offers a good ride it cannot be that good because it is not a Palio.

Let us therefore agree that those that do not appreciate the height of automotive perfection that the Fiat Palio is are those that

a. Have no taste.

b. Do not know what quality, fit and finish are.

c. Cannot appreciate true power and performance - even if it is slower.

d. Cannot appreciate the finer aspects of driving because they cant drive with a made-for-sporty-driving custom-cramped footwell.

e. Have not travelled to Europe and therefore cannot possibly appreciate the finer points of that European ride quality, even if they have to drive on our roads.

I think we should agree that no car can ever be better than a Fiat. If you think it is better in any one aspect, then you should be driving a Fiat because you should not aspire for more. It is illegal to do such things.

PS: All Polls that also involve a Fiat should also be immediately closed with the Fiat being declared the automatic winner. We shouldnt waste time when we know what the winner is.
Old 27th March 2008, 21:16   #334
Team-BHP Support

Whoa !!! This is sarcasm at its height. Good one.
Old 27th March 2008, 21:41   #335
Senior - BHPian

@steeroid.... That makes for a good read and that about it, I am afraid.
I am outta this. I am not paid by FIAT neither Tata's owe's me anything.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:33   #336
Senior - BHPian

When there are no facts to be shared, all we hear is RHETORICS!
Old 27th March 2008, 22:35   #337
BHPian

@steeroid: good one !!! Maybe its time Fiat requires you for its promotional activities. lol
Old 27th March 2008, 22:43   #338
BHPian

well i am among the 36 few who voted for getz crdi but thats some nice marketing on the fiat 1.3 by steeroid, are you in advertising dude -

Although i do see the lowest votes for palio 1.6, i am guessing the assumption for voters is its a fiat and diesel so it must be good now if the fiat 1.3 was not there would this poll still have gone to fiat (1.6 in tht case), doesnt look like??
Old 27th March 2008, 22:51   #339
Senior - BHPian

Mods. Dont you guys think that this is not reaching anywhere? Why is this thread still running the poll?

Just had another doubt. Searched through but could not find it. What is a Distinguished - BHPian?
Old 27th March 2008, 22:53   #340
BHPian

I would prefer Getz Crdi. All the other cars (competetors) stand no where close to this in my opinion. The power is just amazing. The only thing that Getz Crdi lacks is ABS. Everything else is perfect.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:57   #341
Senior - BHPian

Lets see how many people out of the 100+ who have voted for the Palio MJD actually buy it when they are in market for a B+ segment car.

IMO, this poll will make more sense after 6 months - 1 year later, when Palio MJD will settle down in the market.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 27th March 2008 at 22:58.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:08   #342
BANNED

Some facts always appear as rhetorics to some. How sad! Only if they could ponder over it again.

When somebody claims the footwell area is less in Palio, why refute the claim with a reply saying it is COMPACT? What does it mean? How is it different from the word LESS?
Old 27th March 2008, 23:10   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Some facts always appear as rhetorics to some. How sad! Only if they could ponder over it again.

When somebody claims the footwell area is less in Palio, why refute the claim with a reply saying it is COMPACT? What does it mean? How is it different from the word LESS?
Just a doubt. I always thought the close pedals were only on the sporty pedals of the Palio Sport. Is it the same on all variants.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:13   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just had another doubt. Searched through but could not find it. What is a Distinguished - BHPian?
Distinguished-BHPian ..... Zara Hat ke (Alag)
Old 27th March 2008, 23:14   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just a doubt. I always thought the close pedals were only on the sporty pedals of the Palio Sport. Is it the same on all variants.
Palio 1.2NV pedals are too close to my liking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks