Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 05:34   #376
BHPian

Comparision between oil burners ok, but why Palio 1.6? Why not the Skoda Fabia?

Ok, if you have more money to spend and if you are quality oriented, go for Skoda Fabia.

Want a punch that can even shy gasolines? Hyundai Getz... Fastest car in its segment...

If you want space, fuel efficiency, comfort and good dealer network at the price of technology, mushy gearbox and crap handling. Go for Indica Dicor.. Comes at the cheapest bargain.

Want a good package? Mix of all worlds? You wont go wrong with Suzuki Swift DDIS or Fiat Palio Multijet.

Indica for money, Getz for power, Swift for reliability, Palio for everything :-)
Old 1st April 2008, 08:03   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Why is the 1.6 in this poll? Does it really make sense to compare the 1.6 to the other cars in this poll considering the very different requirements buyers of the 1.6 and the rest of the Diesel cars have?
Because its still one of the best hatches in town. And at that price its a steal. It manages to compete with all thee new generation cars in everything other than F.E.
Old 1st April 2008, 08:17   #378
BHPian

AutoCar Shootout Palio 1.3 vs Indica Dicor

AutoCar April 2008 issue - Shootout Palio 1.3 vs Indica Dicor. Guess who is the winner.

Palio stile SDE | Indica Dicor
Top Speed =149kph | Top Speed = 163kph
0-100 15.49sec | 0-100 14.97sec
K/PL overall=14.2 | K/PL overall=15.75
Turbo @2000 RPM
Fixed Geometric Turbo | Variable Geometric turbo @ 1800 RPM (but
autocar says 1400 - 2750 RPM?

When Speedo kph 100 & 120

Palio True kph 96 & 116 Kph

Indica True 98 & 118 Kph

Palio wins over the Grip, steering, body control and cabin noice with "Good" where Indica managed only "Fair".

And they choose Dicor as their "choice" as they feel palio is not justifying 60K to 70K difference than dicor. Instead of paying to 1.3 MJD SDX just pay 6K to go for LDI
Old 1st April 2008, 08:52   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenuKumar View Post
Comparision between oil burners ok, but why Palio 1.6? Why not the Skoda Fabia?

Ok, if you have more money to spend and if you are quality oriented, go for Skoda Fabia.

Want a punch that can even shy gasolines? Hyundai Getz... Fastest car in its segment...

If you want space, fuel efficiency, comfort and good dealer network at the price of technology, mushy gearbox and crap handling. Go for Indica Dicor.. Comes at the cheapest bargain.

Want a good package? Mix of all worlds? You wont go wrong with Suzuki Swift DDIS or Fiat Palio Multijet.

Indica for money, Getz for power, Swift for reliability, Palio for everything :-)
LOL.. you can be a better politician than an automotive enthusiast.... seriously..

PALIO 1.6 torgue engine anyday.. if i dont have money i will wait till i have enough to buy one, if i have more money still will buy a 1.6... drive quality, handling & engine response is in a class of its own... A true sports hatch..

FIAT , always....
Old 1st April 2008, 09:40   #380
BHPian

Why is it that the poll mentions Palio JTD and not MJD
Old 1st April 2008, 09:48   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Because its still one of the best hatches in town. And at that price its a steal. It manages to compete with all thee new generation cars in everything other than F.E.
Sorry Gemi.. I cant agree on this. Palio 1.6 is one of the hottest hatch in the country for sure but to be the best it has to give decent FE too...
Single digit FE figures for a hatch is not acceptable to me...
Old 1st April 2008, 10:10   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tsk1979 : camber problem? What camber problem. None of the indica's we owned(1999 onwards, 4 vehicles in family) got this problem.
extreme_torque : By camber i mean the rear wheels on an Indica looks like this / \ when they should be straight like this | | and this problem as I said is not just with car's being used as taxi's but even the private one's.
@tsk, this problem is present with the current Indica / Indigo. The old Indica's did not have it. And I speak from the experience of close to 1.5L kms between a 2000 Indica & a 2004 Indigo. The Indica didnt have the problem, but the Indigo does.

The problem is not noticeable with 2-3 people on board. But as you inch closer to GVW levels, the problem is definitely noticeable..

Quote:
speedzak : Actually all the cars have similar arrangement for their wheels to perform well.
I dont think so. Check all your cars. Does the Mivec show this behaviour ? No. You can load it fully with 5 people & their luggage into the boot, and she'll be just as poised as she is when she is quietly standing there waiting for you.

The camber should hold at least till it is loaded upto it's GVW value. Beyond that, the car is over-loaded and if this happens during over-load, I can make the exception.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:15   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sorry Gemi.. I cant agree on this. Palio 1.6 is one of the hottest hatch in the country for sure but to be the best it has to give decent FE too...
Single digit FE figures for a hatch is not acceptable to me...
You seem to have a perception that hatches are built to give double digit FE figures! FE has nothing to do with the body type but purely a function of weight and engine capacity etc. I know every one knows these things but they don't wanna apply this logic in practice!
Old 1st April 2008, 11:25   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Palio for everything .. good one.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:34   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
You seem to have a perception that hatches are built to give double digit FE figures! FE has nothing to do with the body type but purely a function of weight and engine capacity etc. I know every one knows these things but they don't wanna apply this logic in practice!
Then why does Palio 1.6 give FE similar to Accord 2.4 ,which is heavier and has a bigger engine too...
Old 1st April 2008, 11:47   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Then why does Palio 1.6 give FE similar to Accord 2.4 ,which is heavier and has a bigger engine too...
Why to go that far....How about comparing mileage with SX4. SX4 is heavier and has got 1.6 L engine. That's a fair comparison IMO.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 1st April 2008 at 11:49.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:56   #387
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 Stile gives 10 - 11 kmpl in City, pls share the figures of SX4, Accord ?
Old 1st April 2008, 12:05   #388
BHPian

I get about 12.5 in the city, with 40% AC for the SX4
Old 1st April 2008, 12:06   #389
BHPian

I'd just to repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
FE has nothing to do with the body type but purely a function of weight and engine capacity etc
BTW, I am not talking about the Palio 1.6 or any other hatch.
Old 1st April 2008, 13:37   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As fas as I know accord's mileage hover's b/w 7-8 kmpl if driven decently while a Palio 1.6 gives more than 10 kmpl with sensible driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks