Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 17:58   #406
Senior - BHPian

Anju, you are right. But where is this elusive creature called the Getz-D ? Have not seen even one till date here. And tbhp-ian headers is still trying to get a test-drive here without success, inspite of it being manufactured in our backyard.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:22   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Anju, you are right. But where is this elusive creature called the Getz-D ? Have not seen even one till date here. And tbhp-ian headers is still trying to get a test-drive here without success, inspite of it being manufactured in our backyard.
I have booked one after having a test drive of it and will be receiving it within this month
Old 9th April 2008, 18:29   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have booked one after having a test drive of it and will be receiving it within this month
Lucky guy!
My b-i-l bought an i10 recently and I was asked to bring it from the showroom to his house. At the showroom, I checked whether I can get a test drive of Getz-D. The guy asked me to come to their yard so that I can take a test of a non-suspecting customer's car within their premises. Needless to say, I declined the offer. Looks like Hyundai dealers at Bangalore do not have a Getz-D for test drive, at least, this was what the sales person at Advaith told me.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:32   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Lucky guy!
My b-i-l bought an i10 recently and I was asked to bring it from the showroom to his house. At the showroom, I checked whether I can get a test drive of Getz-D. The guy asked me to come to their yard so that I can take a test of a non-suspecting customer's car within their premises. Needless to say, I declined the offer. Looks like Hyundai dealers at Bangalore do not have a Getz-D for test drive, at least, this was what the sales person at Advaith told me.
They have a separate test drive vehicle in Chandra Hyundai , Coimbatore.
Old 10th April 2008, 00:55   #410
BHPian

somehow i couldnt feel any vibrations.the only difference i could tell was that the palios a bot slow to wake up in the second gear
Old 10th April 2008, 01:18   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Lucky guy!
I would agree with you , checked for car almost at all hyundai showrooms around and some stated not having a test drive car, interestingly some even told that the car is there for sale but they have not sold one till now and neither a test drive car is available instead TD the verna as engine is same. Was left with two options Palio MJD and Swift. TD the palio, booked it, got the delivery this sunday. Car feels and drives Gr8 so far
Old 10th April 2008, 14:08   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
I would agree with you , checked for car almost at all hyundai showrooms around and some stated not having a test drive car, interestingly some even told that the car is there for sale but they have not sold one till now and neither a test drive car is available instead TD the verna as engine is same. Was left with two options Palio MJD and Swift. TD the palio, booked it, got the delivery this sunday. Car feels and drives Gr8 so far
Please can you post some pics of mjd
Old 10th April 2008, 14:36   #413
Senior - BHPian

Can you please tell wat turbocharger is use in both! i meant the brand??
Old 10th April 2008, 17:09   #414

hola.. multijet vs dicor vs crdi vs ddis vs..

cheers: Ive voted the multijet cuz..

1. looks awesome..
2. not too many palios / fiats on road - gives an 'exclusivity'
3. best quality interiors in its class
4. amazing ride, handling and build quality
5. best space in its segment

Service - should be no different from Maruti ***.

Old 10th April 2008, 20:03   #415
Senior - BHPian

Palio MJD is likely to sell in decent numbers due to the fact that there will be a lot of people who are notwilling to wait for 2 months to get the delivery of their car. Palio was always a very competent car and the MJD may well be the boost it needed.
Old 10th April 2008, 22:41   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshankar View Post
cheers: Ive voted the multijet cuz..

1. looks awesome..
6. Service - should be no different from Maruti ***.

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. No way.
4. Depends, but yeah its good.
5. Have u ever sat in a Getz.
6. u must be kidding..
Old 11th April 2008, 00:18   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Palio MJD is likely to sell in decent numbers due to the fact that there will be a lot of people who are notwilling to wait for 2 months to get the delivery of their car. Palio was always a very competent car and the MJD may well be the boost it needed.
Where is Palio MJD available either. There is same booking period of around 2 months for it as well.
Old 11th April 2008, 01:54   #418
BANNED

Quote:
1. looks awesome..
Well, it looks good for you. That's good. But I find it too old and outdated. And the not true Italian design keeps haunting it.
Quote:
Yes! Something to really cheer about when you see a similar car like your's own the road. I understand this rare kind of a satisfaction. Something very exclusive.

Quote:
Sorry! I don't understand how. It looks dated, confusing and not that smooth too. There're better and new ones out there.

Quote:
All good, but nothing amazing. There're better ones in everything above. Build quality is nothing except heavy weight.

Quote:
Definitely not. Even the front footwell isn't that great. Overall, very cramped if compared to Getz.
Quote:
Service - should be no different from Maruti ***.
Ha ha ha ha! Nice joke. Wish if it Could've been that way.

These are just my opinions to give you a hint of what lies in the world outside FiAT.

Last edited by speedzak : 11th April 2008 at 01:58. Reason: Deleted all unwanted quotes.
Old 11th April 2008, 01:58   #419
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what you guys mean when you say handling, but nothing in that segment can match the Swift's handling, stock on stock. With some work, the Getz is close, if inherently more stable to begin with. But for smiles-per-mile, and driving thrills, Swift is king. Or queen.

Of course, handling to me is cornering agility and excitement, and the ability to oversteer at will.

If I want stability, I'd buy a Getz.
Old 11th April 2008, 02:02   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Where is Palio MJD available either. There is same booking period of around 2 months for it as well.
I booked my Palio MJD at Vivek Automobiles, Delhi on Friday 28 March 08 and it was ready for delivery on Friday 04 April 08 (though I took it on 6th!) I don't think it should take more than 2-3 weeks, depending on what is the status of the lots being sent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks