Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 02:23   #31
BHPian

It's too early in the year to start comparing these cars espcially since 2 off them have not even been released yet. From what I heard on these forums regarding the Palio 1.3 MJD test drive for a car magazine, the torque seems to be lower than on the Palio than on the Swift DDiS.

So lest just wait for atleast the tech specs to come out before voting which one is the best.
Old 13th January 2008, 03:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

yeah i also read somewhere that palio is having 170nm torque as compared to 190nm of swift ..... can someone confirm at wat RPM palio's engine develops maximum torque, AFAIK swift develops 190nm @ 2k RPM
Old 13th January 2008, 05:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Out of all these cars I have only driven the Swift D, Iv driven a petrol Getz and was pretty impressed with the build quality. However out of the 3 I would go for the Getz D.

The Swift while it may be a great car is far too common and thats a big negative for me. Besides that Iv read too much about its varous quality issues to go in for it. However to its credit its probably the best looking car with the maximum cometic modifications potential.

The Palio is getting a bit too old nowdays and though the recent facelift makes it look a bit fresher I still consider it a bit too old for my liking.

The new Indica looks great though I heard its coming with the 1.3 engine that will be in the Swift and Palio too, or are we talking about the current Indica with the Dicor engine? I probably wont go in for the current Indica but really like the new Indica.

The Getz has all the right numbers in its spec sheet though unfortunately it doesnt come with ABS or Airbags which is a huge negative. Other than that the hugely powerful engine which becomes wilder with a tuning box and the fact that it isnt that common makes it a great car and my choice between the 4.
Old 13th January 2008, 10:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new Indica looks great though I heard its coming with the 1.3 engine that will be in the Swift and Palio too, or are we talking about the current Indica with the Dicor engine? I probably wont go in for the current Indica but really like the new Indica.
The Indica in question here is the 1.3 Quadra Jet, the one used in the Swift and Palio.

I hate the center instrument cluster of the new Indica.
Old 13th January 2008, 10:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Why not include Skoda Fabia. When Getz diesel finds a place in poll, I feel even Fabia should also be included. Leaving aside Getz, if we compare, then Palio would win outright.
Old 13th January 2008, 11:52   #36
BHPian

Don't know about the New Indica (X1) or the 1.3 MJD that is supposed to come in the Indica.

But, one thing is for sure. Expect the Indica (current) Dicor 1.4 really soon.

And also, the Indigo CS (Compact Sedan).

Indigo CS looks really bad. What we expected was a Notchback version of Indigo, but the final result came out to be a confused mix. The rear windscreen does not pop-up along with the boot (ala Octavia, Laura & Accent Viva). It doesn't seem like a shortened boot of Indigo, but much like, an even shorter boot was attached to the Indica! Which means, the interiors (even the dimensions) are similar to Indica & not Indigo. The boot is not fully useable due to the intrusion of rear shock. The new Tail-lamp looks good.
Old 13th January 2008, 12:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Why not include Skoda Fabia. When Getz diesel finds a place in poll, I feel even Fabia should also be included. Leaving aside Getz, if we compare, then Palio would win outright.
  • The comparison is between diesels and at 7.4 OTR for the base version it hardly comes in this segment.
  • That way even fusion needs to be included as by size and price even that comes mighty close to Fabia.
Old 13th January 2008, 12:52   #38
BHPian

my vote goes for swift as its a complete package
Old 13th January 2008, 17:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have not voted yet as i have yet to drive the Getz and Palio 1.3 and New Indica. But for now my vote goes to Palio 1.3. Overall its a complete package

1. Engine is good as the same engine is used in Swift just 20 NM less torque in palio, but considering the fact how the old 1.9D used to perform i think there wont be any problem for 90% people with 20 NM less torque + there will be a pete's box to care of that sooner or later. And duh we all like the way fiesta drive 66BHP and 160 NM so i dont think there will be a problem.

2. Build quality. Nothing comes close build like tanks.

3. Space. Good enough space more than swift a bit less than Getz and considering the price ~5 lacs one cant ask for more.

4. Features. rear viper, split seats, defogger (demister) etc etc.

5. Handling and looks is one of the best in its category.

Negatives:
1. Interiors. FIAT do something we dont need fire proof interiors.

2. A.S.S. and parts availability. Though i have heard good things about it since TATA FIAT JV.

Overall as of now Palio seems to be a better package. And if not palio then its swift.

BTW is Palio gonna come with ABS even as a option ? Palio breaking is good but ABS is must!
Old 14th January 2008, 10:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Expect the Indica (current) Dicor 1.4 really soon.
It's been launched. There are advertisements about it in all major newspapers. 1.4 DICOR with 70bhp. Prices start from Rs.4.25 lacs ex-showroom New Delhi.
Old 14th January 2008, 10:24   #41
BHPian

I have Palio, and I have driven Swift too. Thought Swift is also fun to drive but if you compare it with Palio (1.2 --- not 1.1), Palio scores more.
Old 14th January 2008, 12:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

So FIAT Palio 1.3 MJD has got good support on this thread at least.. Lets hope FIAT would be able to manage to sell it in good numbers..
Old 14th January 2008, 12:51   #43
tez
BHPian

well i have voted for palio based on earlier experience with it. Build quality, engine are top-notch. I assume that they will give a better tuned engine in terms of performance on 1.3 as well. Might have 2 versions like normal and sport. The area where they would suffer is A.S.S. Maruti scores on this as well. But the long wait for DDiS is what goes against it?
Getz is a good car( Not drive the diesel rocket) but costly with no optional ABS or airbags. Indica DICOR should be good but again it would not be better than FIAT diesel engines. X1 , no ideas and no assumptions also.
Old 14th January 2008, 13:17   #44
BHPian

Read this news too from TOI. FIAT is planning to play price game on Indian Roads. So it seems that Palio 1.3 will be much cheaper than SWIFT.

Fiat wants to play the price game on Indian roads-India Business-Business-The Times of India
Old 14th January 2008, 13:18   #45
BHPian

Anytime .... Palio!
It's rock solid... no rattles no worries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks