Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 17:39   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
@abhinav.s: Can you kindly clarify what you mean by this statement?

I had a M-800 and was driving everyday for 2 years till about last week. Here in Indica, the bonnet is not visible from the seat. So some amount of guesswork was required in bumper to bumper traffic.
This is exactly what i meant by gauging and anticipation. You termed it as guess work. Since I read in your post that you have been using M-800, I got to know that you will be used to the small dimensions when calculating the space required in bumper to bumper traffic.
If you graduate from M-800 to Indica then you will need to do some guess work initially till you get used to the bigger dimensions of the Indica. Once you are used to it, you can take it around like any other hatch.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:40   #497

My vote is for the palio 1.3 MJD
Pros:
Great Looks
Amazing ride & stability
Excellent build quality
Better comfort
and at least 50K cheaper than the DDIS

Cons:
noisier than DDIS
average service

cheers
shankar
Old 24th June 2008, 15:47   #498
BHPian

To me, the answer is simple:

Palio 1.2 - is bit underpowered with heavy A/C use

Swift DDis - Waiting period of 4 months. For a big car with a small cramped dark insides.

Indica DiCOR - Enough of Indica. Waiting for the next TATA car. What, the Indica/Indigo must have atleast some 200 variants? Enough man, make a new car.

Getz - I like the car, I like the beautiful glasshouse. But Hyundai doesnt want to sell. Maybe they got an inferiority complex after the Swift. And some of the models have those horrible fake wood finish thing going. Tragic.

Palio 1.6 = 1.6 TORQUE engine + alloys + central locking + smoothness like butter. All this for 4.14 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. It is a great deal to be had.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:35   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
Palio 1.2 - is bit underpowered with heavy A/C use .
Is Palio 1.2 part of this poll?
If you are referring to the Palio 1.3 JTD car, then I don't agree about the AC affecting the car's power. You are welcome to TD my car, or even a Swift DDis.

Quote:
Indica DiCOR - Enough of Indica. Waiting for the next TATA car. What, the Indica/Indigo must have atleast some 200 variants? Enough man, make a new car. .
Agreed. Tata desperately needs a new platform. It should learn from the last 10 years and create something that demonstrates their capabilities. I wouldn't mind if they get better dealers, too. Ditto for the Sumo platform.

Quote:
Palio 1.6 = 1.6 TORQUE engine + alloys + central locking + smoothness like butter. All this for 4.14 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. It is a great deal to be had.
It is a good deal, because the nearest car with so much power is atleast rs 2 lakh more. But with the increased excise and an FE that is poorer, if not equivalent to the other 1.6 litre rivals (all sedans), is it such a good deal now? Secondly, there is the peace of mind factor about a Fiat.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:21   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Is Palio 1.2 part of this poll?

I totally misread the title.

With the Palio 1.3 MJD, the mix does become a little murkier. The whole exercise is therefore the Palio 1.3 vs the Getz. Truly speaking, it is a fair fight.

The Swift must be dismissed (also) because if so many people buy the Swift, then something must be wrong with it. Seriously, when the Swift came (2005) the hot question was: "how will this weird car shape go down with the Indian public?" Going by the sales, are you telling me that the whole Indian car buying population has whole heartedly embraced the Swift? Something fishy indeed.

Between the Getz CRDi and the Palio, The Getz is definitely way ahead in certain respects (IMHO) - a more modern platform, more power to tap. But you have to shell out 80k more so I would give this round to the Palio.

And finally, if you were to compare Palio 1.3 MJD vs Palio 1.6 Sport, you know where my choice would lie.

The reasoning is tortuous I feel, because the waiting period of 4 months for the Swift - a consumer car (as opposed to say an import/exotic) is simply too long. It deserves punishment solely on this account.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:39   #501
Senior - BHPian

to be honest , if I were given a choice between a brand new indica X1 and a better tata A.S.S ... it would be a tough choice!
Old 24th June 2008, 23:52   #502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The reasoning is tortuous I feel, because the waiting period of 4 months for the Swift - a consumer car (as opposed to say an import/exotic) is simply too long. It deserves punishment solely on this account.
Palio 1.3 JTD seems to be having a one and half month waiting period as well! Getz CRDi is not even available for displays in most part of the country!

So, that evens out? I guess all manufacturers are exploiting our fascination for diesels.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:21   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Palio 1.3 JTD seems to be having a one and half month waiting period as well! Getz CRDi is not even available for displays in most part of the country!

So, that evens out? I guess all manufacturers are exploiting our fascination for diesels.
I guess I am biased because I got my car in a week's time, and now buyers have a long wait for the SDX. Strangely, waiting period is always more for the higher variant. I wonder why? e.g. VDi hs more waiting than the LDi.

Now where would my vote be? (I still haven't voted yet.)

I am a big supporter of the Swift ZXi as a complete package of a hatchback at that pricing. Somehow, the VDi being the same price and much lower in features doesn't make much sense at 5.7 lakhs OTR Delhi (maybe 10-15k here or there).

Indica Dicor is a spacious car and I always liked the fact that the Dicor turbo kicks in earlier than my car. But, I hate the Indica driving position and find it uncomfortable.

The Getz CRDi is priced wrong, and that's it. Correct pricing could have given it the same success as the Verna CRDi. Instead of injecting new life into the declining sales of the Getz Prime, Getz CRDi has turned itself into a niche product.

The Palio 1.6 and MJD suffer from the same problems, dated interiors, poor A.S.S. But they are very aggressively priced. Out of the two, I would obviously choose the MJD, because that's where I may spend 60 k more than the 1.6 (including the alloys), but can still enjoy great mileage with more than adequate performance.

So that's my vote.
Old 25th June 2008, 07:39   #504
Senior - BHPian

I've found the perfect driving position in an indica, at least for me - the seat and backrest pushed a bit backwards, so that you're almost lying down, F1 style. Granted , you'll need to be good at estimating the car's front on narrow roads, but otherwise, I'm quite comfortable
Old 25th June 2008, 11:21   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
to be honest , if I were given a choice between a brand new indica X1 and a better tata A.S.S ... it would be a tough choice!
how can you say that, the car is not even launched yet :-/

and TATA A.S.S. has improved a lot, just got my car service yesterday and there was hell lot of difference from the first service hehe ...... at least in chennai they have improved a lot ....
Old 25th June 2008, 11:22   #506
BHPian

My vote is for Palio 1.6 for its VFM. It gives youbang for every buck you spent. Yes, FE is less but it will be get even out over 5 years considering that the starting proce is low.

Well its very difficult to compare all the diesels with 1.6. Within the diesel models ranks are [1] Getz CRDi [2] Palio MJD is suppose.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:39   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Had called Trident Hyundai today morning, the waiting period for Getz CRDi for any color is 10 days. I was a little surprised when everybody is telling more than a month or so .

Also the showroom had a test drive vehicle as well definitely an unregistered vehicle and not the showroom owned test drive vehicle .
Old 26th June 2008, 13:38   #508
BHPian

Any news about the Petes kit availability for Indica Dicor?
Old 26th June 2008, 14:21   #509
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Any news about the Petes kit availability for Indica Dicor?
Its mentioned by Pete's that tata vehicles and scorpio cannot be fitted with Pete's as they do not run on modern ECU.
I dont know the description of a modern ECU.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:10   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Its mentioned by Pete's that tata vehicles and scorpio cannot be fitted with Pete's as they do not run on modern ECU.
I dont know the description of a modern ECU.
Thanks, I would say Pete's could not read Delphi's ECU and crack.
May be they are more secure than Bosch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks