Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 14:06   #46
BHPian

I will vote only after Palio 1.3 MJD is available for sales as we really dont know how would be the performance compared to DDIS. One thing for sure, Getz VGT is not getting my vote.
Old 14th January 2008, 14:33   #47
BHPian

I would have gone for the palio but heck, the resale is something that need to be thought as an overall package....hence my vote is for the swift ddis!!!!!
Old 14th January 2008, 14:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

i am tempted to the palio but i liked the old palio more so swift gets my vote for the agressive looks and for all the good reasons you all know.getz out of question as the handling of the car is a question mark altogether.
ram
Old 11th March 2008, 23:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi

Well. This is a question that would crop up in any new hatch buyers mind. Lets try to find out Who Really Rocks Now!!!

Here are the Comparisons

Both the engines have the same Capacity 1,248cc and same Peak Power of 75bhp @ 4,000rpm. The Stile looses 6 Nm of tourque @ 2000 rpm while the Swift produces 190Nm at the same range.

In the Suspension the Palio gets stabilizing bars both at front and rear. This should give it improved handling. But still it needs to be seen if it could match the perfect handling that the swifts tight suspension setup gives. The Palio setup should theoritically give an optimum comination of handling and ride comfort. So if you are a performance freak who loves high speed cornering. I guess it should still be the Swift that would impress.

In Congested City Driving the Swift would still be a winner with a turning radius of just 4.7 Meters. Though the Palios 5.1 meters might just be enough in most places, 4.7 seems impressive considering the bigger size.

The Swift is wider (1690mm vs. 1620mm), taller (1,530mm vs. 1440mm), and has a wideer wheel base (2390 vs. 2373). However the Palio is longer @ 3,827 Vs. 3,695mm for the swift and this also reflects in the boot space.

Well. At this stage. I'd say the Maruti would be the winner in terms of handling and Excitement factor for the driver. FIAT would win hands down in terms of practicality with relation to space and ride comfort.

But just wait for the Features and Pricing Update. Lets see Who Really Rocks Now!!!
Old 11th March 2008, 23:26   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
But just wait for the Features and Pricing Update. Lets see Who Really Rocks Now!!!
I think you are lil late, already rocking started in the launch thread.

I think Fiat rocks for that engine
Old 11th March 2008, 23:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Looks.
The Frontal View of The Hot Hatches.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS  Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi-swift_red.jpg  

Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS  Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi-newfiatpalioindia3.jpg  

Old 11th March 2008, 23:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Looks.
Back View of the Hot Hatches.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS  Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi-backstile.jpg  

Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS  Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi-swift_1bak.jpg  

Old 11th March 2008, 23:33   #53
BANNED

Palio MJD, 1.6 Stile or Indica DiCOR?

Hi all,

I realise that two of the three vehicles mentioned are diesels, and the other, a petrol.
It is a known fact that diesel engines are high on maintenance. However, is it true that with the new DiCOR and MJD technology, there is a significant reduction in NVH and vehicle maintenance?
A diesel is usually recommended when monthly driving > 1K kms (or 1.5K kms, not too sure) However, is it appropriate to assume that the new diesel technology vehicles (MJD/DiCOR) can be safely considered, if your monthly driving < 1-1.5K kms?

I'd be doing more of highway than city driving. Let's say if I were to do between 12-15K kms, a year. Would it then make sense to go in for a diesel?
I am looking for a stable highway vehicle, one that's VFM (features) and GOOD on FE (in the vicinity of 20 kmpl ---so I guess, the 1.6 is out, huh) I am willing to disregard the 1.6 on this parameter, if in fact, it is OK to consider a diesel for my driving needs.
My budget is about 5L OTR.
Since the distribution and service of these cars will be done by TATA, I don't think After Sales Service, availability and cost of spares would be much of an issue.

So guys, fire away!
Old 11th March 2008, 23:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

OMG! One more flaming threads in its budding stages

Anyways, I guess we can come to a conclusion after some of the BHPians have driven both. Probably a little early to comment I guess!

BTW gemithomas, isn't the front grille of the Stile changed? The new grille is far far better and gives a much grown up look to the car. Also, Swift's grille has a minute () change

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 11th March 2008 at 23:38.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:37   #55
BHPian

If you can wait for a few months get the new Indica which has the MJD engine. That'll be a better option than either of these.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:43   #56
BHPian

Looks alone? Swift wins hands down!

I know the stilewallas will come with 'looks are subjective' et all... I just hope bcos of this price war, Dzire gets priced correctly!
Old 11th March 2008, 23:48   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Post all comparisons and talks about the above cars in this merged thread itself.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Lets Look at what extras each of them give in comparison to the others. Not mentioning the common features. Lets look at the highest variant offered in both cases. (Not including the Optional ABS version of the Swift)

The Palio Stile MultiJet
- Digital Clock
- Rear Wiper & Washer
- Rear Demister
- Fire Prevention System (FPS)
- Double Crank Prevention System
- Reverse Gear Lock

MODS: Sorry. the threads were merged while i was editing this. Could someone post the details of the other cars too.

The Swift DDiS
- Light-off/key reminder
- Driver's seatbelt warning lamp
- Tripmeter (digital display)
- Key not removed warning buzzer
- Black coloured A- and B-pillars
- Antenna

Last edited by gemithomas : 11th March 2008 at 23:51.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Looks alone? Swift wins hands down!

I know the stilewallas will come with 'looks are subjective' et all... I just hope bcos of this price war, Dzire gets priced correctly!

Not sure but heared they are going to launch the sports edition for the Diesel Palio, lets see how does it fair in looks.
Old 12th March 2008, 00:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

Double crank - Boon
Rear W&W and demister, useful in a hatch esp during monsoon.
Light off key warn, good thingie for me ditto with seat belt warning, reminds you if you are one of those forgetful lot.
Tripmeter me wants, obviously digital too.
Antena- ICE wants.
Clock is now added to Swift is what i heard.
Fire prevention is nothing but auto fuel cut off in the case of an accident, this is kinda mandatory for all new cars.
Reverse gear lock? Unless the gear gating is so awkward.

But the real question is, is it really value for money car and are you buying it anytime soon?

Am waiting for lenia gang or i will be stuck with a lemon. Like one of my friend who bought the Uno Diesel and then Fiat launched Palio :(

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th March 2008 at 00:01. Reason: stuck not suck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks