Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 12:13   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
But dont you think every one would think twice of spending some 20-40K more for a FIAT or a Maruti rather than a TATA with the current image it has. I agree that TATA has changed a lot over the years. But their image remains almost same in common mans mind.
This may not be true for everyone.
For someone looking at pure functionality, Indica DICOR will surely be a consideration, at the least.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Out of the listed cars, swift looks great from the front, palio looks cute from the back, indica looks the same from all angles but the getz is certainly an uniformly proportionate good looking car. And the getz crdi seems to be a fantastic car to drive too, i haven't driven one yet, waiting to do so.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Out of the listed cars, swift looks great from the front, palio looks cute from the back, indica looks the same from all angles but the getz is certainly an uniformly proportionate good looking car. And the getz crdi seems to be a fantastic car to drive too, i haven't driven one yet, waiting to do so.
Try to get a hand on the Getz D . I am sure you would be impressed with the power and drivability of the car.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
But dont you think every one would think twice of spending some 20-40K more for a FIAT or a Maruti rather than a TATA with the current image it has. I agree that TATA has changed a lot over the years. But their image remains almost same in common mans mind.
I agree the Indica has a Taxi image. If I (as a common man) had 20-40K extra to spend over the Indica I would definitely go for MUL rather than FIAT. Gives me more peace of mind, right ?

EDIT - There is a problem with the accelerator pedal on the Dicor. It is very high compared to the brake and clutch pedal which feel deep set. I feel it will not be comfortable over long distances.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th March 2008 at 12:27.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:26   #110
BHPian

I find one important feature missing in MJD( which is there in all petrol variants) is engine immobilizer. Also on pricing front SWIFT VDI with ABS will be 5.95L on road in Mumbai. With about 18K finance & echange payout should be around 5.8L. Palio SLD will be around 5.55L. So with about 25K extra one gets 14" wheels, immobilizer, ABS and good A** and better choice of colours
Old 12th March 2008, 13:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

The size and pricing of the Getz CRDi suggests that it should be squared up against the Fusion TDCi, Fabia diesel and the upcoming Fiat GP and the Honda Jazz.

Tough call however, between the Swift DDiS and the Palio MJD. Both have the same heart and are good to look at. Palio has the edge on ride quality while Maruti pips Fiat on A.S.S. Maruti has made a few cosmetic changes to the dull interiors of the Swift while the Palio interiors are a 20th century carryover.

I do have one question though.....if they weigh almost the same, is the build quality in the Palio still better, does it still possess tank-like qualities? Cant wait for a Peted Palio MJD review!
Old 12th March 2008, 13:57   #112
BHPian

The new grill looks very aggressive and sporty.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:04   #113
Senior - BHPian

When is the launch officially happening,no news on it here in kerela.Any live pics of the same with any one.
ram
Old 12th March 2008, 14:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
When is the launch officially happening,no news on it here in kerela.Any live pics of the same with any one.
ram
Its launched yesterday .
Old 12th March 2008, 14:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
I find one important feature missing in MJD( which is there in all petrol variants) is engine immobilizer. Also on pricing front SWIFT VDI with ABS will be 5.95L on road in Mumbai. With about 18K finance & echange payout should be around 5.8L. Palio SLD will be around 5.55L. So with about 25K extra one gets 14" wheels, immobilizer, ABS and good A** and better choice of colours
I have to point out however that the 14" wheels on the swift will need to be upgraded to wider alloys for better handling.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:17   #116
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Its officially launched and today they had a full page ad in TOI.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:38   #117

Just FYI...

There is a nice article on comparision of all Diesel HatchBacks (minus Indica V2 Dicor) in "CAR India " recent editions.

Thanks
Yogendra
Old 12th March 2008, 15:10   #118
BHPian

Fiat stops production of 1.3L Multijet diesel because of quality problem - AutoblogGreen

could this be true that fiat is contemplating on stopping the 1.3 MJD as mentioned in the above blog?
Old 12th March 2008, 15:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
could this be true that fiat is contemplating on stopping the 1.3 MJD as mentioned in the above blog?
Authenticity of such blog news is doubtful!

Even if the news is true, it would be just a temperory measure, since it is linked to some quality issues with some component provided by an outside supplier.
Old 12th March 2008, 15:24   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Fiat stops production of 1.3L Multijet diesel because of quality problem - AutoblogGreen

Update: Fiat resumes engine production
Motor Authority Update: Fiat resumes engine production

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks