Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 22:52   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
As i said earlier. I think the swift will still have its advantage of handling. While the Stile will keep its advantage of Ride Comfort. So I seriously think its gonna be the same old story for FIAT.

I think "FIAT" quality seems to be missing after the TATA tie up.
May I ask Thomas, how do you conclude that, even before taking a TD of the Palio Diesel? Maybe that is your personal preference. Hat's off to Fiat though, for sticking to their committment of the launch Date of the Palio MJD.
Now let the Best car win!
Old 12th March 2008, 23:46   #152
BHPian

You just can't be serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
with TATA's as their service partner, I am sure if they have any engine problems TATA would encourage a recall. As it would otherwise affect their "good" image.
If the TATA's were to encourage an engine recall they would have to replace every single engine they have ever produced in India for the Indica and the Indigo along with the rear suspension mounting points for the Indica. The engine recall due to increased sulphur content in the iron block of the engine. I am not talking about high sulphur diesel. Get real the tata's take us for guinea pigs to test their vehicles on. They might rectify errors; maybe about 15 years into the manufacturing indica engines. With TATA's influencing FIAT I am sure even FIAT is going to face quality issues shortly.
BYe and wear our seat belts.
Old 13th March 2008, 00:23   #153
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
If the TATA's were to encourage an engine recall they would have to replace every single engine they have ever produced in India for the Indica and the Indigo along with the rear suspension mounting points for the Indica. The engine recall due to increased sulphur content in the iron block of the engine. I am not talking about high sulphur diesel. Get real the tata's take us for guinea pigs to test their vehicles on. They might rectify errors; maybe about 15 years into the manufacturing indica engines. With TATA's influencing FIAT I am sure even FIAT is going to face quality issues shortly.
BYe and wear our seat belts.
TATA bashing again I think that we should just keep one forum reserved for the category of TATA bashing. Some day some people on this forum might even conclude that all the quality issues across all the manufacturers across the world are attributable to TATA.
Old 13th March 2008, 00:26   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
May I ask Thomas, how do you conclude that, even before taking a TD of the Palio Diesel? Maybe that is your personal preference. Hat's off to Fiat though, for sticking to their committment of the launch Date of the Palio MJD.
Now let the Best car win!
Well. To me these do not sound impressive.
- 13 inch tyres
- No Alloys Option
- No ABS Option
- No Steering Adjustment
- No modern digital Displays/features
- No leather steering/gear knob option

If the Palio brought in a few of these, it would have been a sure winner. But without these its almost at par or below the Swift in terms of VFM. Especially if you consider the 'Peace of mind factor' that comes free with a Maruti.

EDIT: On Second thoughts i think i would stick to the 1.6 at 4.37L if my running was just around 1K km

Last edited by gemithomas : 13th March 2008 at 00:28.
Old 13th March 2008, 01:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well. To me these do not sound impressive.
- 13 inch tyres
- No Alloys Option
- No ABS Option
- No Steering Adjustment
- No modern digital Displays/features
- No leather steering/gear knob option

If the Palio brought in a few of these, it would have been a sure winner. But without these its almost at par or below the Swift in terms of VFM. Especially if you consider the 'Peace of mind factor' that comes free with a Maruti.

EDIT: On Second thoughts i think i would stick to the 1.6 at 4.37L if my running was just around 1K km
Well Thomas,
I don't see that the Swift 1.3 DDIS has all the features mentioned by you:-
1. Steering Adjustment (not present in both VDi & LDi)
2. Leather Steering/ gear knob (It has PU one)
3. Alloys- No standard fitment ( available optional)

I think the Palio will be Available with R14 alloys as Optional
2. I prefer the conventional analogue display of the palio over the electronic gizmo's of the Swift- The Ldi doesn't have a RPM counter! however the Palio has it in all the variants.
3. ABS- yeah it's available optionally with the swift and not with the Palio as of now.

I guess the features are pretty evenly matched apart from the ABS.

finally we are not comparing the 1.6 sports with the diesel, are we?
Old 13th March 2008, 09:45   #156
Senior - BHPian

Yup that is a problem in MJD...no digital display or ABS ! But for its price its a good deal. Excellent alternative for people with waiting list for Swift DDIS.
Just hope this is the beginning of new innings for Fiat!!!
Old 13th March 2008, 10:14   #157
BANNED

I'm just waiting for a few more MJD TD reviews here. Want to buy my first car and Palio looks very attractive, sorry no swift for me as its looks put me off - resembles more of a german ww2 personal carrier. Going by the new MJD features and initial review I feel the 1.6 will be a nicer option or also an Indica Dicor for that matter. The getz is a little out of reach for my budget.

cheers
Old 13th March 2008, 10:23   #158
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we should double upp the production of VDI-ABS and the LDI soon,lol.The availability would be a more serious issue at fiat than msil.The dealers are asked to lift petrol version to get proportionate diesels-end result the sales guys would lure the customers to buy indica dicore than a MJD.
They should change the strategy here.
ram
Old 13th March 2008, 11:03   #159
Senior - BHPian

I have a hunch that a palio sports version is on the anvil.

I recently read the march issue of CAR magazine and the palio multijet in their issue had alloys as well as a rear roof spoiler. probably just waiting for the market response in the first 1-2 months it seems.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:19   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

I recently read the march issue of CAR magazine and the palio multijet in their issue had alloys as well as a rear roof spoiler. probably just waiting for the market response in the first 1-2 months it seems.

They could have decked out that car with optional alloys and spoiler for that coverage.
Old 13th March 2008, 13:04   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The dealers are asked to lift petrol version to get proportionate diesels-end result the sales guys would lure the customers to buy indica dicore than a MJD.
ram
If this is the authentic info, then god only save FIAT This was the same strategy they used initially when they went bust. I read an article which mentioned that, dealers were asked to lift whatever colour FIAT has, which inturn made dealers at loss..hence no interest in selling or providing the service to Palio. That's how the FIAT's image reduced to pits.
Old 13th March 2008, 13:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe we should double upp the production of VDI-ABS and the LDI soon,lol.The availability would be a more serious issue at fiat than msil.The dealers are asked to lift petrol version to get proportionate diesels-end result the sales guys would lure the customers to buy indica dicore than a MJD.
ram
That is not accurate information. It is also misleading. I know for a fact from my dealer friend that no such pressure exists, openly or subtly, from FIAT.
Old 13th March 2008, 14:02   #163
BHPian

i feel that that even though the torque is a bit less than swift the overall weight of palio MJD is less than swift.so i dont think it might matter much.in fact the f.e will be better.luv the front grill too
Old 13th March 2008, 15:45   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ram
Can't they EVER get ANYTHING done properly. Nobody wants the petrol palio, now they launch the diesel one which everyone wants, and won't supply it to dealers until they also lift the petrol!
Old 13th March 2008, 15:49   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Can't they EVER get ANYTHING done properly. Nobody wants the petrol palio, now they launch the diesel one which everyone wants, and won't supply it to dealers until they also lift the petrol!
Have you read what jyobeb has written above?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks