Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 13:22   #226
BHPian

Guys,

Can anyone post his TD experience on the palio 1.3 multijet vs Swift DDIS over the following parameters:-
1. Ride and Handling
2. Steering feedback
3. Clutch and gearbox.
4. Braking
5. AC

I guess many people would wanna decide based on this feedback.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:26   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I felt the same. How come everyone miss to check its brakes and sort?
breaks were very sencitive and very light footed, and I never like those kind of. My 1.2's break are like on demand, if you want more, press more.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
breaks were very sencitive and very light footed, and I never like those kind of. My 1.2's break are like on demand, if you want more, press more.
What I wanted to know was , wasnt it assuring that it can stop even at high speeds without any issue.
Old 18th March 2008, 14:07   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
, wasnt it assuring that it can stop even at high speeds without any issue.
Are u comparing it with Safari 2.2?
Old 18th March 2008, 14:32   #230
BHPian

hi all..

finally test drove the fiat mjd and the indica dicor as well.

fiat mjd :
well,i must say the build quility is amazing.the front grill looks great and overall the car looks good and is spacious too.the engine is a tried and tested one and is surely a winner.put the car in first gear and it just jumps ahead with good torque.the second gear is a bit drag though.but put the car in 3rd and the machine just behaves so nicely.torque sets in at abt 1500 rpm and is well spread out.drove the car at 120kmph in 5th gear and my god was it smooth!
the cluth is good and this car doesnt need ABS.the braking is really precise maan.gear shift is smooth.
all in all i give it a 4 out of 5.1 mark cut for interiors.

indica dicor :
after driving the fiat i drove the indica dicor.start the car and u can make out the difference in technologies between tata and fiat.the engine actually jumps in the bonnet and then settles down.but i must say the car hasgood power and torque.good pick up.but i found the cluth to be too smooth.press it and it thuds to the floor.the braking wasnt too gr8 either.but the car is more spacious.gear shift was good and precise.engine noise can be heard inside the cabin even with the windows closed.

all in all i will give it a 3 out of 5.

there is a difference of almost 40 thousand between the top varient of the dicor and the base varient of the fiat mjd.

fiat mjd : 491000/- on road thane
dicor : 452000/- on road thane

havent driven the swift ddis as there was not test car available!
Old 18th March 2008, 15:31   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
indica dicor :
after driving the fiat i drove the indica dicor.start the car and u can make out the difference in technologies between tata and fiat.the engine actually jumps in the bonnet and then settles down.but i must say the car hasgood power and torque.good pick up.but i found the cluth to be too smooth.press it and it thuds to the floor.the braking wasnt too gr8 either.but the car is more spacious.gear shift was good and precise.engine noise can be heard inside the cabin even with the windows closed.
I got a chance to check out the Indica DICOR while the door glass of this new car was being attended by the mechanics in the workshop(no idea about the exact issue). I had been there to get the wheel alignment and gear lever sound issues fixed on my Indica V2 after the 30K KM service.
The service advisor took me to the car (after my request). I tried the accelerator/clutch pedals and found to be very smooth and the engine revving on the slightest push of the pedal. He told me that it doesnt come with cables for accelerator, brake and clutch and all of them work on sensors. I am not sure if this is true, only the owners of this model or somebody with sound knowledge of the latest technical developments in Indica DICOR can answer this. On the other hand if this is true then it is a very good improvement from TATA and probably that is why shantyrocks also found that the clutch is smooth.
I didnt get a change to drive the car though in the workshop and I am planning for a test drive of Indica DICOR along with MJD.
Looking at these driveability improvements, hope the new Indica V3 QJD may be refined.
when is new Indica V3 QJD getting launched and the approximate cost?
Old 19th March 2008, 13:54   #232
BHPian

Which Diesel Hatch: Dicor or Stile D ?

I am planning to buy a hatch within few days.I really want to go for the palio d and almost booked one yesterday.But as the friends and family prefer indica saying that its wise to go for indica since fiat service and resale sucks...

I travel average 50km /day.

Long trips are always there with a range of 1000km since i do my outstation trips in car only.

I will be driving myself most of the times.

Fuel efficiency needs to be 15+ in the long runs with ac.

my average speed is 80km/hr and i enjoy pushing a little hard when the roads are clear.

i am currently using swift D ( jan 2008)6000km done(my self and my brother uses it) and a verna VGT (2007 may)21000km done.

Build quality is a mjor concern for me as a i travel on very bad roads on my business purpose.

I will be keeping the car for 3 years or around 70000km. ..and planning to pete it too .

Please guide me to select the right car as i am very much confused.
my heart says PALIO but brain says dicor
Old 19th March 2008, 13:56   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
not sure if this is true but the bravo and 500 from fiat are expected to cost 12 and 16 lacs respectively!! hopefully the punto will be more affordable
The huge price is only because its imported as CBU[Completely Built Unit] which attracts huge TAX.
But Punto will be manufactured here with more than 85% components sourced locally.
So basically you can buy two Puntos at the price of FIAT 500
Old 19th March 2008, 14:32   #234
BHPian

exactly and the reviews on the punto on some UK sites are better than those for bravo - besides a bravo costs 8-9k pounds which means 7.5 lacs like a skoda fabia or so which seems great but shelling out 16lacs is crazy

The 500 is whole different case though and due to the past of the 500 etc, similar to mini, 9-10 lacs seems good. Unfortunately they will not be launching the 500 in india with the 1.4 ltr 100bhp engine only the 75bhp variant.

Hopefully the punto will be out by the year end, as I plan to upgrade first thing 2009 For me its the best engine and handling and something which may respond to stage 1 (maybe some stage 2) mods. Right now i see it between the punto, i20, getz crdi and palio 1.6 for a superhatch

cheers,
j
Old 19th March 2008, 15:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

@shebin: If you already have Swift D why are you looking for another Diesel Hatch?
Old 19th March 2008, 16:00   #236
BHPian

Just, I and one of my colleague did small test drove of Palio Stile 1.1 and JTD at BU Bhandari, Pune and we felt

1.1 - Lack of power
1.3 - Good pickup but noise inside cabin
Old 19th March 2008, 16:14   #237
BHPian

Technocrat, Swift is a good car with a very smooth engine.But somehow the fun factor is missing while driving especially on highways and bad roads which i frequent.Moreover i am very uncomfortable with the interiors and i feel build quality is really bad.Some how i prefer the old styling of the palio.I find more class in the overall design of palio(of course fiat has compromised to cut costs). I would prefer using Swift in city
Old 19th March 2008, 16:39   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Build quality is a mjor concern for me as a i travel on very bad roads on my business purpose.
How is the Swift faring on these roads right now? If you are happy with the Swift on these road, go for another Swift. If its out of budget, go for the Palio. No guarantees that you'll get a good resale value after 3 years for any car - whether its Swift, Palio or Indica.

PS: Check with the "Pete" guys if you can pete the MJD. I know its the same engine as the Swift D, but you never know.

Last edited by spadival : 19th March 2008 at 16:47.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:10   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
How is the Swift faring on these roads right now?
Spadival,swift is not that good on uneven or bad roads.Sounds will come from all parts on rough patches.you wont feel safe and comfortable.My previous indigo SX(i have really tortured that car,but it came out winning till isold it off for verna) was very composed on bad roads without any squeals or sounds.I think it has much to do with weight and the body sheet quality.

Swift i feel is more suitable for city use.Highways it does not inspire the confidence to push hard.May be if i get the alloys things will fall into place.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:33   #240
Senior - BHPian

Indica Dicor is a good car and hope that it gets the required attention atleast in the expence of the 1.3 mjd.
ram

Most Viewed