Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 19:00   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Indica Dicor is a good car and hope that it gets the required attention atleast in the expence of the 1.3 mjd.
ram
oh yeah ? you mean to say Tata Indica dicor won't get required attention and according to you it will only get attention at the expense of 1.3 mjd

chill man your job is secured at Maruti, 1.3 MJD won't spoil your party.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:23   #242
Senior - BHPian

I guess its time to refresh this thread since all the cars are out in open.
Old 19th March 2008, 20:05   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I guess its time to refresh this thread since all the cars are out in open.

Not now I guess nobody here owns a Palio MJD yet.
present TD reviews of MJD cannot be considered because you cannot calculate actual F.E. of the car.
Old 20th March 2008, 00:04   #244
BHPian

My vote to Swift DDIS just because it has got better After Sales Service network. Otherwise, Fiat palio MJD better car anyday. TATA-Fiat has really let down in term of after sales so far. Hope they improve.
Old 20th March 2008, 07:13   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
My vote to Swift DDIS just because it has got better After Sales Service network. Otherwise, Fiat palio MJD better car anyday. TATA-Fiat has really let down in term of after sales so far. Hope they improve.
Based on what do you think the A.S.S. is bad? Can you enlighten? The number of A.S.S. centers?
Old 20th March 2008, 10:35   #246
Senior - BHPian

Amazing.. Palio MJD leads despite not having a single TBHpian owned car on the road. That said, I have too voted for the Palio MJD
Old 20th March 2008, 10:40   #247
Senior - BHPian

I guess 2 - 3 BHPians have booked Palio 1.3 MJD.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:56   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Based on what do you think the A.S.S. is bad? Can you enlighten? The number of A.S.S. centers?
A.s.s i mean availability of parts, technical knowledge to troubleshoot the car.
Also, incase if car is struck on highway then local area mechanics should be able to handle it. There are numbers of service center for both maruti and tata in delhi. I'll say Maruti has infact double that of TATA here.
You go to TATA-FIAT tell them certain fault in FIAT they'll say that part is not available and will take 15 days. What will you do in that case when you've just one car and you've to leave it at service center for repair and that too for 15 days for just one minor problem. I know things are improving but the fact is that the Tata guys are still not ready with servicing Fiat cars to the best, exception to a few.
Old 20th March 2008, 11:08   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, incase if car is struck on highway then local area mechanics should be able to handle it. There are numbers of service center for both maruti and tata in delhi. I'll say Maruti has infact double that of TATA here.
Bro, if you are held up with the DDiS on a highway you would know what A.S.S means? I have seen the blink on their face!

And there are service centers on the highways with the standard board "MARUTI AUTHORISED" and dont know how to remove the front bumper of a Swift! I call the A.S.S of Maruti to be a Perception in the market which is positive for Maruti! cheers:
Old 20th March 2008, 11:25   #250

Quote:
A.s.s i mean availability of parts, technical knowledge to troubleshoot the car.
You go to TATA-FIAT tell them certain fault in FIAT they'll say that part is not available and will take 15 days. What will you do in that case when you've just one car and you've to leave it at service center for repair and that too for 15 days for just one minor problem. I know things are improving but the fact is that the Tata guys are still not ready with servicing Fiat cars to the best, exception to a few.
This is the same logic used to beat down any new/different/minority technology/product/service.

Just tell people that you want to buy an Apple Mac (which I own)and you will get the same fundas. Also, bad news travels faster than good news for the underdog.

This logic of yours can apply to any car manufacturer apart from Maruti. What about people who buy expensive cars like Skoda, Honda, Chevy etc?

So, should they abandon their 10L+ cars just because the highway mechanic cannot repair them?

According to your own words above, the probability of getting stuck on a highway is:

P = 1 - p(car_breaking_down_on_the_highway) *
p(availability_of_a_mechanic)*
p(the_mechanic_not_being_able_to_repair)*
p(availability_of_spares)

of all these, the 2-4 conditions are dependent on the first. So, if you have a car which has lower probability of breaking down, you need not even worry about the rest, no?

A little preparation goes a long-way, pun intended

About the availability of spares, well.. it must have definitely improved because FIAT has its own fully operational production facilities.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:56   #251
BHPian

Petrol any day. Love engines that rev and rev. Can rev to deliver more power. So, I vote for the Palio 1.6
Old 20th March 2008, 20:15   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I guess 2 - 3 BHPians have booked Palio 1.3 MJD.
People here in bangalore have booked MJD without even TDing the vehicle
Old 21st March 2008, 10:32   #253
BHPian

Palio MJD on The Hindu

Folks,

I do not know, how many of you caught the Palio MJD being featured on The Hindu. For the benefit of those who did not, please find the link below:

The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Wheels : Scoring with Multijet

Pretty decent and feel good review!

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2008, 15:18   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityakavoor View Post
People here in bangalore have booked MJD without even TDing the vehicle
It was the same with the Getz CRDI and many other cars too !
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:05   #255
BHPian

Yesterday went to B.U. Bhandari Pashan to take 2nd test ride of MJD. But test ride car was not available cause, they have moved it to showroom's carpet. The one which was displayed on the carpet being sold out and all others. They did not have any MJD to show in showroom's carpet, so they had put test ride vahicle on carpet.

Someone have bought red MJD which was on carpet, said he found it better than swift. He had returned taking ride on Swift DDiS than took the ride on MJD and booked the MJD.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 22nd March 2008 at 18:07.

Most Viewed