Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2008, 20:29   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel View Post
This is the same logic used to beat down any new/different/minority technology/product/service.

Just tell people that you want to buy an Apple Mac (which I own)and you will get the same fundas. Also, bad news travels faster than good news for the underdog.

This logic of yours can apply to any car manufacturer apart from Maruti. What about people who buy expensive cars like Skoda, Honda, Chevy etc?

So, should they abandon their 10L+ cars just because the highway mechanic cannot repair them?

According to your own words above, the probability of getting stuck on a highway is:

P = 1 - p(car_breaking_down_on_the_highway) *
p(availability_of_a_mechanic)*
p(the_mechanic_not_being_able_to_repair)*
p(availability_of_spares)

of all these, the 2-4 conditions are dependent on the first. So, if you have a car which has lower probability of breaking down, you need not even worry about the rest, no?

A little preparation goes a long-way, pun intended

About the availability of spares, well.. it must have definitely improved because FIAT has its own fully operational production facilities.
Yes Spares!!! Thas is my main concern buddy. Highway thing i agree with you it can happen with any car manuf. But how does it feel when you hear at service station that Sorry sir the part is not available and it will take 2 weeks to get from Factory. That too being a very small part.
What my concern is that these TATA guys does not store much of Fiat parts in inventory as they feel that demand for Fiat cars is less so only important parts are available with them. Even I hope things improves fast. I too love Fiat very much and may be end up buying Fiat Palio MJD soon.
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:27   #257
BHPian

my palio []
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:44   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
oh yeah ? you mean to say Tata Indica dicor won't get required attention and according to you it will only get attention at the expense of 1.3 mjd

chill man your job is secured at Maruti, 1.3 MJD won't spoil your party.
Ferro,i meant to say that the supply of the palio mjd is limitted for the present and the dicor indica would get the required attention from that.Yes the dicor indica is not getting the attention it deserves for the present.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 12:11   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
the dicor indica would get the required attention from that.Yes the dicor indica is not getting the attention it deserves for the present.
ram
The TDi indica is available for 4 lakhs on-road with discounts and DICOR was 4.6 lakhs on-road with no discounts being offered at all (Prices before budget). Rest of the cars are absolutely same... both being DLG models. Now 60k's for just the CRDi thingie isnt exactly value for money keeping in mind the power and torque numbers remain almost the same. I agree the refinement levels are a notch higer and this is the most refined Indica diesel from Tata but thats about it. If you are looking for refinement and build quality, you wouldn't look at Indica at first place. Its a workhorse.
Old 23rd March 2008, 15:11   #260
Senior - BHPian

I just had a Test Drive of Fiat Palio MJD.Exterior is amazing and looks cool.but the interior is not as good as Swift or Getz.But somewhat Ok.At starting the Engine noise was very high(Sound from Fan belt).After sometimes it came down.Torque is Ok and we can drive easily in City.But After 2000 RPM the huge rush in power is not as like as Swift.no rattling as of now in TD car.
Major let down is ,as we discussed earlier in our Forum,my left leg was locked between FootRest or brake while i was trying to shifting the gear pressing the Clutch.But we can cope up after some legs on experience with this car.
There's no door pad in Hatch door.(Cost Cutting )

i just get more confused what car to buy
Options :
Swift Vdi ABS,GetZ Crdi or Palio MJD SDX.

Swift Vdi ABS - VFM,Good FE and Maruti A.S.S,Good Resale,High waiting period
GetZ Crdi - pure passion,Good A.S.S,High waiting period
Palio MJD SDX - Very Good FE,less price,No waiting period

Last edited by aks_karthik : 23rd March 2008 at 15:12.
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:30   #261
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDi also has very good build quality and lowest NVH , nice FE too . And the waiting period is not as high as Swift D
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I just had a Test Drive of Fiat Palio MJD.Exterior is amazing and looks cool.but the interior is not as good as Swift or Getz.But somewhat Ok.At starting the Engine noise was very high(Sound from Fan belt).After sometimes it came down.Torque is Ok and we can drive easily in City.But After 2000 RPM the huge rush in power is not as like as Swift.no rattling as of now in TD car.
Major let down is ,as we discussed earlier in our Forum,my left leg was locked between FootRest or brake while i was trying to shifting the gear pressing the Clutch.But we can cope up after some legs on experience with this car.
There's no door pad in Hatch door.(Cost Cutting )

i just get more confused what car to buy
Options :
Swift Vdi ABS,GetZ Crdi or Palio MJD SDX.

Swift Vdi ABS - VFM,Good FE and Maruti A.S.S,Good Resale,High waiting period
GetZ Crdi - pure passion,Good A.S.S,High waiting period
Palio MJD SDX - Very Good FE,less price,No waiting period
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:43   #262
Senior - BHPian

@undead.... GETZ CRDi is overpriced for what it offers. A car is not about engine alone, even in which case I have been hearing a lot of problems with Hyundai diesels after they have put on decent mileage. The 1.3 MJD is not a slouch either and is more refined, more fuel efficient and most probably more reliable than the Hyundai one.
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:55   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@undead.... GETZ CRDi is overpriced for what it offers. A car is not about engine alone, even in which case I have been hearing a lot of problems with Hyundai diesels after they have put on decent mileage. The 1.3 MJD is not a slouch either and is more refined, more fuel efficient and most probably more reliable than the Hyundai one.
yes what u said is correct.GetZ D is 1L higher than Palio high End model.
Defn GetZ D is more powerful than Palio but for 6.16L it's little overproced.
Undead,will u get ur car.Awaiting for ur review on GetZ D.
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:28   #264
BHPian

palio 1.3 mjd for me

my vote goes for palio 1.3 mjd because its superb handling & tank like build to last feel. also its a car which u would like to drive urself. well being a 1.6 gtx owner myself i know that A. S. S. has improved a lot with Tata. so palio for me
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:11   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have driven the car and i have booked one too and the overall package of the car is much better and our TBHPian Anju is getting 20kmpl which is a healthy mileage for that car. Its not overpriced IMO . My A.S.S with Hyundai in my area was good when i owned a Santro for 6 yrs troublefree. I dont want to buy a car and find trouble in maintaining it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes what u said is correct.GetZ D is 1L higher than Palio high End model.
Defn GetZ D is more powerful than Palio but for 6.16L it's little overproced.
Undead,will u get ur car.Awaiting for ur review on GetZ D.
I will get the car by April End , and i will sure start with a Big Initial Ownership Report.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:18   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say Getz D lacks a lot of features like ABS etc but its not overpriced..
U can't expect a 110bhp diesel beast in 5lac range.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:31   #267
BHPian

Finally an AD for Palio MJD on TV. A decent one just to announce that it is there. May be Fiat India is treading cautiously this time.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:43   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It offers terrific power, great mileage, a well put-together body with plenty of space for a hatch, good ride comfort and good quality plastics, all backed by what is the probably the best After Sales Service experience in the country. These are facts.

"Heard of problems" "probably more reliable" "more refined" is perception, not fact. Back it up with facts - the fact is that Hyundai common rails have been running in this country for a lot longer than those of any other manufacturer. There are a lot more of Hyundai CRDis out there than any ddis or mjd or dicor or any other variant. Some of these cars have continued to give trouble free service after 100,000 , 150,000 kms - many of the other engines that are being used to compare havent been around for more than a year or two to even compare longevity or reliability.

Perhaps the car with me-too looks, cheap plastics, rattly build, cramped interiors, a real BENCH for a rear seat and a 70 bhp engine is the one that is really overpriced - for what it offers in comparison. Or is it the fast looking car that cannot go fast that is the one?

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd March 2008 at 22:52.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:47   #269
BHPian

So far palio MJD has 43.88% of votes as compared to 26.02% votes for Swift DDIS. But I'm still wondering how many of guys here at TeamBHP would really put their money at Palio MJD?
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:49   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
So far palio MJD has 43.88% of votes as compared to 26.02% votes for Swift DDIS. But I'm still wondering how many of guys here at TeamBHP would really put their money at Palio MJD?
You sound wiser than your 134 posts - you know the answer!

Most Viewed