Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 13:29   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Now, I would like to mention that my current choice seems to be the Indica DICOR. Makes for a very good sleeper car.
True. Offers a lot at the price point.

DDiS offers us some Rice'ish fun at the parking lots and an economical and decent daily drive
Old 28th March 2008, 15:16   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back to the topic, I voted for Swift DDiS. Now, I would like to mention that my current choice seems to be the Indica DICOR. Makes for a very good sleeper car. Something which doesn't possess any show but has lots of potential, practicality, comfort, good A.S.S (in Cochin atleast), cheap maintenance and best VFM. One of the best entry level diesel hatchback for sure.
I agree its one amazing car for the price and A.S.S and one of my friend who is a car freak bought an Indica Turbo is quite happy with it but he never prefers to drive it. Its very economical but still not refined enough as a car to drive.
I agree thats its great in every other aspect apart from build quality and interior quality (like a palio).
If one wants a car to drive around I feel Swift DDis is the most practical option from the lot.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:34   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I agree thats its great in every other aspect apart from build quality and interior quality (like a palio).
Seen the latest Indica Dicors? They are very much improved from the Indica turbos. They still can do better, I agree.

But in comparison with the Palio MJD's interiors, I would love the Indica dicor's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
If one wants a car to drive around I feel Swift DDis is the most practical option from the lot.
A very true statement. A complete package it is. Still, considering the price difference with the Indica Dicor and the long waiting periods, Indica will be a better option for those who are in for a good entry level diesel hatchback. It will never give you that old, notorious, typical Indica feeling I'm sure.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:28   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, I would like to mention that my current choice seems to be the Indica DICOR. Makes for a very good sleeper car.
OT: .. Indica and sleeper car!! Dont let the Indian railways hear about this !! They may order a few - both A/C and Non A/C sleeper cars
Old 28th March 2008, 16:38   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: .. Indica and sleeper car!! Dont let the Indian railways hear about this !! They may order a few - both A/C and Non A/C sleeper cars
LOL. I was staying away from this topic. You cracked me up.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:41   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Read in one of these threads that FIAT India is now a 50-50 joint venture with TATA Motors. This is also explained in the FIAT India website, but somehow i never noticed it.

Do you know the details of this agreement? (I thought TATA just handles service and sales)
Old 28th March 2008, 16:43   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Read in one of these threads that FIAT India is now a 50-50 joint venture with TATA Motors. This is also explained in the FIAT India website, but somehow i never noticed it.
Do you know the details of this agreement? (I thought TATA just handles service and sales)
I don't work for them dude. Why not email them or trust the content put up on the website to be authentic.
Old 28th March 2008, 17:29   #368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
We definitely missed you MF!
Old 29th March 2008, 23:21   #369
BHPian

Indica Dicor = truck

test drove the indica dicor today. It had already made 2k kms.

Its not less than any truck.

the 50k price difference for the MJD is worth every penny of it.

MJD Test Drive report is here.
Old 30th March 2008, 02:32   #370
Senior - BHPian

Swift all the way!

Its the Swift and no one else as per my thinking.

Reasons:
Many. The positive points are great effeciency, great resale value and great after sales and service. Bonus are the really great and worldwide appreciated chassis. Just spend a bit more money after buying the car for wider tyres and this is the only car using the 1248cc FIAT engine that can really allow you to enjoy the real potential of that engine. Looks are great and it is really fun to drive along with peace of mind factor, that is not avaialable with FIAT Palio and Tata.

Yes there are negatives:
The waiting period is too long. And waiting for such a wonderful car too long is bad feeling, but at the end you enjoy. Hmm, somewhat cramped rear seats and lack of good luggage space. But then isnt it a hatch that too a sporty hatch!
Old 30th March 2008, 20:01   #371
BHPian

I am still waiting for my MJD.Only grey is available which i dont prefer.SDE is availble.SDX is not available as FIAT is not releasing it enough numbers.The sales person mentioned SDX is diffcult to get.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:21   #372
BHPian

One confusion : What is the technical difference between DDiS and Multijet ?
Old 1st April 2008, 00:02   #373

Palio Stile MJD Red color SDX not Available

I got an SDX booked on 18th and on friday I get a call from the dealer that the red SDX is not available rather he offered a white and grey. Logged complaint on fiat website, got a call stating apologies the red color is not available in plenty and may have to wait another 1-1.5 months. So have now settled for grey will send pictures once get the car.

What i liked more about making the decision was the drive quality , intelligent central locking system, the Defogger available as compared to none in swift and in rains one does feel a need for it. lastly the professionalism, Fiat has completed all internal wirings includings speakers and stereo so that no one tampers with electricals whereas the other manufacturers offer a warranty but a small cut while fitting your preferred electricals might lead to a warranty loss. The interiors are not that great but are functional and more driver centric. The ac ducts located below so that your hand does not chill while driving whereas the swift's are located too high and no doubt the co passengers feel the chill but the drivers feel their hands chill.
There are some cheap changes which fiat could have avoided every other model except SDX the Bpillar from the inside is not concealed. The finish of SDE and SD is way below par or sad in color sense the Silver finish of the console atleast looks better. The boot door is not concealed from inside except in SDX. sounds cheap but tata calls it cost cutting. Wonder if fiat only wants to sell the SDX. The only reason for me buying a palio apart from FIAT is the comfort it offers as compared to any other cars. Just sit once and you will realise what a tank build is like. The car once on its own does not drive like a small car it certainly feels much bigger and comfortable.

Even if you dont buy test drive it once to understand what I am saying and do remember to drive through some potholes. It is worth the price since the engine is a Generation 4 Fiat as compared to the Gen 3 in Swift
Old 1st April 2008, 03:22   #374
Senior - BHPian

Why is the 1.6 in this poll? Does it really make sense to compare the 1.6 to the other cars in this poll considering the very different requirements buyers of the 1.6 and the rest of the Diesel cars have?
Old 1st April 2008, 05:06   #375
Senior - BHPian

In the list of cars here i feel the three contenders to be Palio mjd,Indica dicor and the swift.As Zak mentioned dicor is a good one.But maybe few people prefer dicor due to the Indica badging.I feel that all the other models should be restricted so that dicor will be in its true glory.
The best of both worlds would be the swift ddis any day.-IMO
ram

Most Viewed