Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:41   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Actually I wanted to be a bit like finneyp, but they didn't have the MJD available. So atleast I got a Fiat engine.
What ? You and Fiat ! someone water ! water ! water ....phew ! am dead .
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:41   #452
Senior - BHPian

Well, it's my loss, and I shall bear it with a heavy heart. Thank you for your kind words, finneyp.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:47   #453
Senior - BHPian

Completely OT: v1p3r, what happened to the Baleno? Sold it?

Finneyp, seems like your selfless campaign on behalf of Fiat to get a few converts seems to be working.. LOL.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:54   #454
Senior - BHPian

Finney is the greatest.

spadival: no, it's still there. Hopefully it'll remain.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:05   #455
Senior - BHPian

I am no one, a car enthusiast happen to buy a Fiat car (which was the Best package that time! Maybe now too!), and got smitten by it!
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:46   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I am no one, a car enthusiast happen to buy a Fiat car (which was the Best package that time! Maybe now too!), and got smitten by it!
What kind of enthusiast drives a tank power by a 1.2 ltr engine ? Finney, I would have called you an enthusiast if you were driving GTX 1.6 atleast. Now dont flame on me for this.
Old 25th April 2008, 01:30   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
they should have worked on the car before working on that ad. While noise levels are negligibe the vibrations are really on a higher level. Or is this the new mobile phone fiat was talking about last year?
HI I own one and for sure can assure you there are no vibrations or vibrations are not more than any petrol car. I have driven the car now 400 Kms at a stretch that means 800 kms in total and out of that 100 Kms in hills and that too on the steepest roads. Trust me this car is the best in terms of power delivery and refinement. At slopes where we had to reverse the Swift D to the starting point if a car approached downhill since it does not move before 2000RPM but this car took on like a tank with ease. I really am questioning on what conditions will its engine will be stretched or underpowered.

I do not know your perception but surely drive one. The only vibration you feel is while starting and turning it off. Rest it feels responds and drives like petrol. About the Service part have already got the first service done from HIM Motors in Patparganj and overall the experience was fine. Car was delivered to me in three hrs flat, no delays and the service advisor was not surprised and knew the car. Hope it remains the same
Old 25th April 2008, 09:32   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
What kind of enthusiast drives a tank power by a 1.2 ltr engine ? Finney, I would have called you an enthusiast if you were driving GTX 1.6 atleast. Now dont flame on me for this.
The 1.2 might not compare to the 1.6 in terms of accleration et al -but at no point does it feel "underpowered" ive taken mine all over the place - highway, hills, inclines, everything - and never was there a hint of "strain" ... So...an enthusiast drives something they love and respect.

One of the questionsmarks (IMHO) on the palio is still the "resale value" It will take a bit of time for that to go up, but its getting there. again, IMHO - the MJD offers a better value for money as opposed to the DDiS.

Last edited by madan80 : 25th April 2008 at 09:34.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:09   #459
BHPian

I stop at a 'tapri' bang opposite to BU Bhandari Motors on Pashan road daily. I have seen the Palio MJD either test-driven or delivery being taken almost everyday. People seem to be really interested in this car. Looks like its putting in decent numbers. Any pointers as to how much Fiat has sold so far, since the launch?
Old 25th April 2008, 10:47   #460
BHPian

I was coming from Mumbai in my 1.2, when I saw two cars (Marina and Getz) were seems like racing on Expressway. I couldnt resist myself and started with them. It was easy to overtake Getz but Marina was giving tough competetion. I had to accelarate my 1.2 150+ KMPH with 3 passanger on board including me, to overtake Indigo Marina. My friend, who owns Baleno was impressed when he saw 150+ KMPH with 1.2 liter engine.

After few KMs I gave up cause I dont want to race on Expressway. But yes, at 150+ KMPH car was still stable and was in under control. Thats the beauty of Palio.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:54   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I had to accelarate my 1.2 150+ KMPH with 3 passanger on board including me, to overtake Indigo Marina. My friend, who owns Baleno was impressed when he saw 150+ KMPH with 1.2 liter engine.
Next time keep watching for a Santro passing you at 170 kmph. It can be distinguished by overinflated tyres and 2 inch wider track. Quite simple, it would be the fastest thing passing you. The timings of the Santro run can be seen on the forum.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:02   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I was coming from Mumbai in my 1.2, when I saw two cars (Marina and Getz) were seems like racing on Expressway. I couldnt resist myself and started with them. It was easy to overtake Getz but Marina was giving tough competetion. I had to accelarate my 1.2 150+ KMPH with 3 passanger on board including me, to overtake Indigo Marina. My friend, who owns Baleno was impressed when he saw 150+ KMPH with 1.2 liter engine.

After few KMs I gave up cause I dont want to race on Expressway. But yes, at 150+ KMPH car was still stable and was in under control. Thats the beauty of Palio.
Poor GETZ and poor MARINA. Drivers of those unfortunate cars were not aware what they were up against. Pawan, I bet that you did not tell them that you were yet to floor the padel. It was just half pressed . Had you floored it, it would have teken off and then SU-30 would be asking for shelter.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:12   #463
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Next time keep watching for a Santro passing you at 170 kmph. It can be distinguished by overinflated tyres and 2 inch wider track.
Umm umm! 174 kmph to be exact. And you forgot to mention STOCK SIZE tires!
If that can be done by a 1.1ltr, do you think it is difficult with a 1.2ltr?
Old 25th April 2008, 16:57   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Next time keep watching for a Santro passing you at 170 kmph. It can be distinguished by overinflated tyres and 2 inch wider track. Quite simple, it would be the fastest thing passing you. The timings of the Santro run can be seen on the forum.
.. No prizes for guessing whose Santro it is !!
Old 25th April 2008, 17:31   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
.. No prizes for guessing whose Santro it is !!
Well well , let me take a wild gues. Is it 'Hyundai's' santro?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks