Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 02:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Guys - This a sarcastic picture. Most blogs do this. We should stop focusing on the picture and read into the news. Check out Autoblog's version of the same:

Do you really think they are shrinking the 6 series for Mini-me?
Yeah thats a shrunken 6er for sure!
Old 14th March 2008, 03:03   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Even BMW is thinking about a making a small car in India and that is the real news.
The small car in context is the Mini priced at 20 odd lakhs. So yes it is a small car but not a small price, they aren't looking at the high volume sector like the article suggests.

The mini's testing and feasiblity reports are completed and once germany gives the green signal we will have the Mini sold here. Hopefully sometime this year.
Old 14th March 2008, 04:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The small car in context is the Mini priced at 20 odd lakhs. So yes it is a small car but not a small price, they aren't looking at the high volume sector like the article suggests.

The mini's testing and feasiblity reports are completed and once germany gives the green signal we will have the Mini sold here. Hopefully sometime this year.
I think you are right- the car BMW is looking to "launch" in India as that article mentions is probably the Mini. There is a rumour about BMW bringing Isetta back (and to be "made" in countries including India) since several months though.
Old 14th March 2008, 08:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Wow so many wise comments from the enthusiasts! For people who didn't get it - it's not about the picture (the photoshop was just meant to be funny). Read the article. Even BMW is thinking about a making a small car in India and that is the real news.
I know that dear. However, as even Sahil has pointed out that the new small car is Mini. What sense does it make to keep this thread open? Also, haven't we discussed mini's arrival in India in some other post/thread?
Old 28th March 2008, 04:10   #20
BHPian

BMW Project i Developing Cars For The Future

"News of the unit comes on the heels of a statement made by BMW India President Peter Kronschnabl confirming plans to develop a concept for the as-yet nonexistant luxury micro car segment. At a press conference in Munich earlier today, Chairman of the Board Dr. Norbert Reithofer told journalists that BMW will consider Project i solutions for their three brands, BMW, MINI, and Rolls-Royce, but they have not ruled out introducing a fourth brand. Further, BMW has given Project i an immense amount of latitude, making them completely independent of BMW HQ.

It is unclear if the new unit will begin working on either a vehicle for a new Triumph launch, or a rebirth of the Isetta."

BMW Project i Developing Cars For The Future
Old 28th March 2008, 05:17   #21
BHPian

So the micro car would probably be christened as BMW -1 Series
Old 28th March 2008, 06:13   #22
BHPian

how about the 1/2 series...since the 1 series is now offered as a sedan in the US...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks