Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 23:43   #16
BHPian

Really this is not done. Ok Fine, Skoda have a brand name but the sale will really go down with this attitude.

Just like sreenivass said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Udaykars, I believe you should write to Skoda head office and tell them you did not buy Fabia because of this attitude.
Report this thing to them, see we already have better diesel cars than Fabias in terms of price. In this Competition time, if they shows such sick attitudes then Skoda will not go down but they will shoot down.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:46   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Udaykars, I believe you should write to Skoda head office and tell them you did not buy Fabia because of this attitude.
THey have a very good response system on their website and they do reply in person
Old 16th March 2008, 10:56   #18
udaykars

Hmmm..... I could have dumped a complaint on it. But, don't want to waste my time over it. I already lost interest over that Under powered and High priced car ! Somehow i lost impression over Mahavir auto, i don't want to give them a profit with my sale. Anyways, I have better cars to buy with that much money.

Old 16th March 2008, 12:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
I bought my City CVT 6 months back. This is my first Honda product. I stay 60kms away from the dealer. A City Manual and a CVT were brought here for my test drive.
You make me feel like an idiot for always going to get TDs

That being said, Skoda is a no-no because such a dealer won't give decent customer service either. And you're not a dedicated p220 buyer that like some famed boys, you'll have a mum-blr ride for getting a good service

All the same, write them a mail. SIAM data courtesy vasudeva clearly indicates that Fabia is only feeling, not selling special! Let's hope they get back to you. After the diffsoft case, the Skoda image has anyways taken a beating!
Old 16th March 2008, 12:12   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Hmmm..... I could have dumped a complaint on it. But, don't want to waste my time over it.
If you want better service - you need to demand it. I think one needs to also look at things dealerwise.

JMD and Vinayaka seem to fine for Skoda service, and again, I find Whitefield Honda pathetic again
Old 18th March 2008, 16:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> You make me feel like an idiot for always going to get TDs

I have test drives of most cars only in the showrooms. Honda was different.

Way back in 1998, a Uno diesel was brought to my place for test drive from Cochin, 60 kms away.

I bought an Uno diesel too.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i can understand if a HONDA does this ( somehow any car they launch and ppl just want to go and buy lots and lots of it - in the process spoiling the company !! )
While I do give flak to Honda where it matters (Sevice is one area in some dealerships now) I wouldn't agree with your comment here. I've personally tried 3 dealerships at different time for TD's of different cars & have never come away disappointed. Once was Courtesy for CR-V, Southend for Old Accord & 4 times to Prime for a lot cars including the OHC, NHC, Civic etc. Also, they ALWAYS had seperate TD vehicles & were not giving out unregistered new vehicles unlikes dealers of some other manufacturers. This is common with all dealers I've tried for all the cars in their range.

I was even present at the launch days of the NHC & Civic & was offered a TD of both of their's Manual & Auto versions for TD on the same day.
Old 18th March 2008, 21:20   #23
BHPian

I like this attitude from Skoda, this car is not for aam admi, go buy a swift if you want a test drive and be ordinary. This is SKODA, the brand is enough, I am already trembling with excitement. Do you ask for a test drive when you go to buy a Ferrari, noo.. you cheapskate, you already know what you are getting. Same to same.

Please Skoda let me me only one of 5 people to own Fabia in India. You already took the first step with that crafty pricing strategy, so clever, which only a status conscious bonafide classy person like me can afford to blow up, now make it difficult to buy it.

Spot any altu faltu types loitering nearly the showroom and close the gates pronto. If they manage to sneak in, hide the fabia, anyone foolish enough to insist on a test drive and laugh hysterically. That should send them packing. Can't have these generic swift fanboy types ruining the brand value of this great car.
Old 18th March 2008, 21:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I like this attitude from Skoda, this car is not for aam admi, go buy a swift if you want a test drive and be ordinary. This is SKODA, the brand is enough, I am already trembling with excitement. Do you ask for a test drive when you go to buy a Ferrari, noo.. you cheapskate, you already know what you are getting. Same to same.

Please Skoda let me me only one of 5 people to own Fabia in India. You already took the first step with that crafty pricing strategy, so clever, which only a status conscious bonafide classy person like me can afford to blow up, now make it difficult to buy it.

Spot any altu faltu types loitering nearly the showroom and close the gates pronto. If they manage to sneak in, hide the fabia, anyone foolish enough to insist on a test drive and laugh hysterically. That should send them packing. Can't have these generic swift fanboy types ruining the brand value of this great car.
Skoda is a budget brand in Europe ,i don't know why they act expensive in india.
Old 19th March 2008, 08:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Guys, is it the same scenario with all Skoda dealers through out the country ?? or this is one of a kind incident ?
One of the dealers in Bangalore had an event in our office. I was only half interested, but I did TD their diesel. I wasn't so impressed and asked if they had a petrol Fabia for TD. They didn't have one. I was told that they had a shortage of all top-end(Elegance) Fabias whether they are diesel or petrol. Right now Elegance is the only variant being offered with petrol. The shortage is apparently because of the high import content of the cars. I was disappointed, but at least their response was polite and clear.

Bad attitude will not get them anywhere, especially with so many cars in the price range of the Fabia. They have to sell their cars in the market after all.
Old 19th March 2008, 08:54   #26
BHPian

This type of attitude was shown by some hyundai people to my cousin regarding Verna. They said, it is selling like a hot cake sir, fast, good mileage , powerful bla bla.
He did a complaint just to customer care and 3 people came to my cousin's place with a Verna test car.

I bet skoda people will do the same.

I found MUL Dealers to be the best one in terms of dealership.
Old 19th March 2008, 11:59   #27
BHPian

I second the opinion on Maruti. My friend was bent on a Swift and we went to 3 dealers in Bangalore looking for a test drive - no luck. Same old story of hot selling car - no TD cars available. One of the inventive answers we heard was : Sir - we keep telling customers that the car is not available off the shelf. Then we are asked why do you keep cars in the showroom? !.

My friend ended up buying a Getz.
Old 19th March 2008, 12:02   #28
BHPian

The vilest of the lot is Hyundai, whenever there was stopover for a TD they is out and out botch.
Seems that Skoda needs to run for cover
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Did not know SKODA sales guy could read mind and figureout if the guy really will buy or not.
Old 23rd March 2008, 01:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Skoda has Basically no brand Value as Say Toyota or Honda...it's just a poor man's car the world over other than India......the way the dealers are acting that way is because of the fact that they got some kind of a monopoly in the states they are operating.....They are so arrogant that they said "Sir the side view mirror costs 4500 a piece buy this car only if u can afford it " what are they trying to do ? , sell cars or lose their reputation?.... one can never judge people from there appearance , i used t o sell high end Toyota vehicles for a living.......i never ever treated any of my walk in customers in such a way , and never in my life have i refused to give a test drive.....and i mean not for a measly car like the Fabia but for Cars like the Land Cruiser Prado & Camry ....Cars which are worth 5 or 10 times the price of a Fabia.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks