Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 08:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Folks one of te reasons for Skoda not giving test drives on the Fabia could be that Skoda is afraid that people would realise that the engines are not all theat good for the price Skoda is asking. The Diesel is a 3 pot unit which does not compare well with the Swift Diesel and dare is say the Palio Multijet.

In any case this will marginalize Skoda as a serious manufacturer. So far, it was operating in a segment where there was limited competition ( espcially if you were looking for a diesel). Fabia seems to have its task cut out for it and the indifferent dealer network will not make its job any easier.
Old 23rd March 2008, 08:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Folks one of te reasons for Skoda not giving test drives on the Fabia could be that Skoda is afraid that people would realise that the engines are not all theat good for the price Skoda is asking. The Diesel is a 3 pot unit which does not compare well with the Swift Diesel and dare is say the Palio Multijet.

In any case this will marginalize Skoda as a serious manufacturer. So far, it was operating in a segment where there was limited competition ( espcially if you were looking for a diesel). Fabia seems to have its task cut out for it and the indifferent dealer network will not make its job any easier.
Dont worry mate. Janta is not much aware of judging the car by TD. So, this can't be the case. It is just their attitude and nothing more than that.
Old 23rd March 2008, 12:02   #33
BHPian

I just saw a car in Annavaram in Andhra Pradesh. This car is owned by somebody that already owns Merc and Innova. Looks like they have too much money to spend.

I saw the car and it sounds awful. I don't think I will buy this car until they make that engine silent.

I also went to the Dealer in Hyderabad and their attitude made me not to visit the showroom again.
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:32   #34
BHPian

there seem to be many bakras

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
I just saw a car in Annavaram in Andhra Pradesh. This car is owned by somebody that already owns Merc and Innova. Looks like they have too much money to spend.

I saw the car and it sounds awful. I don't think I will buy this car until they make that engine silent.

I also went to the Dealer in Hyderabad and their attitude made me not to visit the showroom again.
They are unlikely to change as long as they find bakaras (hindi) in the name of status, blah, blah..
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I like this attitude from Skoda, this car is not for aam admi, go buy a swift if you want a test drive and be ordinary. This is SKODA, the brand is enough, I am already trembling with excitement. Do you ask for a test drive when you go to buy a Ferrari, noo.. you cheapskate, you already know what you are getting. Same to same.

Skoda is not at all a prestigious brand it is made out to be in India by the ever-appeasing-to-European-cars auto press and a couple of real estate / politico type guys who for some reason consider this brand a status symbol along with 2 / 3 kgs of gold in various forms they wear on their bodies. These guys are so rich they can even buy a fleet of RRs, Jags and Bentleys but for some strange reason they do not even look at Mercs or Beemers. Their choice stops at Skoda. You have equated Skoda Fabia with Ferrari, hahaha..... What more can I say?

Please Skoda let me me only one of 5 people to own Fabia in India. You already took the first step with that crafty pricing strategy, so clever, which only a status conscious bonafide classy person like me can afford to blow up, now make it difficult to buy it.

Sure why 5? You can be the only one in India to buy, if they price it 50 lakhs. Skoda, please do that and make it an exclusive car for Mr. Raul.

Spot any altu faltu types loitering nearly the showroom and close the gates pronto. If they manage to sneak in, hide the fabia, anyone foolish enough to insist on a test drive and laugh hysterically. That should send them packing. Can't have these generic swift fanboy types ruining the brand value of this great car.

Swift has already ruined Skoda's party even before it started. Just wait for a few months when Fabia's novelty wears and it will go the Ford Fusion way.
Old 24th March 2008, 12:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

I live in the vicinity of Mahavir--the Skoda dealer. Barely a day after they launched the Fabia, my neighbour's wife, living in an independent house beside my residence, drove home in a Fabia. I live on the 5th floor in my complex, and I could still hear the engine all the way up in my balcony. They also have a Civic and a Fiesta diesel, and I cannot hear those cars until they put on the reverse horns.
I was disappointed to learn about the noise from the Fabia engine, although I have no idea of the NVH levels inside the cabin.
Old 27th March 2008, 21:14   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Why would you say that? Mercs and Innovas are both good cars. Maybe they liked the Fabia too?
Old 27th March 2008, 21:57   #38
BHPian

Skoda Fabia sales

I just read the April edition of ACI. Apparently, Skoda sold 524 cars in February, 80% of which were diesels. ACI says the number is pretty respectable (for an expensive hatch). I know for a fact that in Bangaloe people have bought petrol Fabias even without a TD.

I guess irrespective of what we discuss here, Skoda will successfully sell it's cars at a high premium and meet it's target sales.
Old 28th March 2008, 03:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Swift has already ruined Skoda's party even before it started. Just wait for a few months when Fabia's novelty wears and it will go the Ford Fusion way.
True! but as a matter of fact we tried to have a TD for Swift but coudnt get one for either Diesel or Petrol because of its high demand. but eventually we bought it last week based on our members feedback.
Old 28th March 2008, 21:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

The true demand for a car can be judged after a couple of months of it being widely available when the novelty of the product wears off. 524 units of Fabia versus 9000+ for the Swift . I beieve Skoda sells more Octavia's and Laura's than the Fabia. let us see how does the Dzire effect the Fabia sales.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:43   #41
vij
BHPian

Re: No Test Drive Cars for SKODA, Hyderabad

Hey guys

I am looking to buy the Skoda Yeti - have the money in hand - For what I want - Yeti is a good fit, but I am worried about no test drive policy and the A.S.S. I am planning to call these guys. I would hate to be snubbed.

Are there any teambhp members from hyd who own skoda cars in hyderabad. What do you think about Mahavir Motors? They are the only dealers for Skoda here I believe. Any of their staff on teambhp?

Last edited by vij : 15th May 2012 at 19:48.
Old 15th May 2012, 21:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Hey guys

I am looking to buy the Skoda Yeti - have the money in hand - For what I want - Yeti is a good fit, but I am worried about no test drive policy and the A.S.S. I am planning to call these guys. I would hate to be snubbed.

Are there any teambhp members from hyd who own skoda cars in hyderabad. What do you think about Mahavir Motors? They are the only dealers for Skoda here I believe. Any of their staff on teambhp?
I think Mahavir is the only dealer for Skoda across Andhra Pradesh. However, they do provide test drives for their vehicles across the range. However I am not sure about how the sales staff would behave.

My suggestion would be just go to their showroom and ask for test drive. If they snub you, have fun by scolding them and raising your voice. It will be good fun .
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 22:13   #43

My experience with Mahavir skoda has been different, they do provide Test drive. They in-fact brought a Skoda fabia to my office for test drive, on other occasion I just happened to land in their showroom to inquire about another and happened to check-out Yeti, One salesman came up and asked me if I wanted a test drive. I told that I am just looking and am not a potential buyer, he said never-mind, let's go for a test drive. I happily agreed.
Though the behavior of the sales person in question is completely unacceptable, but IMHO, it is a one-off case.
suyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 10:11   #44
BHPian

I have also had pleasant experience with Mahavir. The car was brought to my home, answered all my questions and the td was a very satisfactory one. Overall no complaints.

Best - ML
Old 17th May 2012, 01:59   #45
BHPian

Even my experience at Mahavir Skoda was shockingly surprising, when I say Shocking, it is in a positive way. After reading all Skoda horror stories in Team-BHP I had very little hope of a good customer service but to my surprise I was quite impressed with the service. I was there to enquire about Rapid Petrol & they got me the test drive car to my office the very next day. I was not happy with the linear power delivery of Rapid & asked for test drive of Laura TSI, guess what they were there next day with the Laura for me . Skoda is definitely making an effort to change the perception of people towards terrible customer service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks