Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 13:41   #1
udaykars

No Test Drive Cars for SKODA, Hyderabad

Hello People,
I have been to Mahavir Auto [skoda dealer] at Hyderabad, along with a friend of mine who was willing to BUY a new fabia. At the first sight, the car looked just about OK ! from outside. But built quality and the INTERIOR'S were Pretty Up class !!. Soo far so good.

As i heard of some DISAPPOINTMENTS Under the Hood, in our forum. I thought of checking out personally with a TD. I asked the sales guy for a TD. To my SURPRISE he said that, They don't provide any TD service . I tried to find out the reason, he simply Replied back like this, "Sir, this is a product from SKODA. you don't need a TD to know it's performance ! !"

I questioned him, when The HONDA'S, TOYOTA's, BMW's give TD. why can't you provide ? ? Then, he pretended as if he got a call and just vanished from the scene..!!

Mahavir Auto being the sole dealer for entire Andhra Pradesh, this is NO WAY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Guys, is it the same scenario with all Skoda dealers through out the country ?? or this is one of a kind incident ?

Old 15th March 2008, 16:13   #2
BHPian

This attitude of the dealers killed FIAT. Welcome SKODA to the club
Old 15th March 2008, 16:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Mahavir Auto being the sole dealer for entire Andhra Pradesh
Your answer lies in that sentence.
Old 15th March 2008, 16:46   #4
BHPian

The same happened with my cousin at Calicut.He is still waiting for a Fabia test drive since it's launch despite several phone calls.
Old 15th March 2008, 16:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

We should also welcome Maruti Suzuki to the club too. 3 Dealers in my area and none of them have a Swift D for a test Drive.
Old 15th March 2008, 17:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

i can understand if a HONDA does this ( somehow any car they launch and ppl just want to go and buy lots and lots of it - in the process spoiling the company !! )

but SKODA is not in the best of shape in India at the moment...
and also the FABIA never really received any rave reviews in ANY peer group comparison...

so why all this ATTITUDE ???
udaykars - did u post a feedback in their website ?

i think its time for a INDIAN CAR DEALERS REGULATORY FORUM to be constituted by the GOVT OF INDIA or maybe a CAR DEALERSHIP OMBUDSMAN... on the lines of what the govt is doing in the financial services industry...
Old 15th March 2008, 17:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i can understand if a HONDA does this ( somehow any car they launch and ppl just want to go and buy lots and lots of it - in the process spoiling the company !! )
No one should be doing this. Customers are paying their hard earned money and it is their every right to check the car before considering it to purchase. If any company denying it, it would be equivalent to denying your basic rights.

-BSR
Old 15th March 2008, 20:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

hi narayan,

> i can understand if a HONDA does this ( somehow any car they launch and
> ppl just want to go and buy lots and lots of it - in the process spoiling the
> company !! )

I bought my City CVT 6 months back. This is my first Honda product. I stay 60kms away from the dealer. A City Manual and a CVT were brought here for my test drive.
Old 15th March 2008, 20:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

very nice. I quite like it. Enough reason not to buy Skoda.
Old 15th March 2008, 20:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
hi narayan,

> company !! )

I bought my City CVT 6 months back. This is my first Honda product. I stay 60kms away from the dealer. A City Manual and a CVT were brought here for my test drive.

wow !! from ur location - i think that must have been Peninsular Honda right ? one of the few relatively better HONDA dealers ( i have tried 4 dealers so far across 3 cities )...
but we are here talking of rule rather than exceptions - ur lucky to be among the exceptions
Old 15th March 2008, 20:29   #11
udaykars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
No one should be doing this. Customers are paying their hard earned money and it is their every right to check the car before considering it to purchase. If any company denying it, it would be equivalent to denying your basic rights.

-BSR
Yes, rao_battula . I agree with you 100%. It's a their basic responsibility to give us a simple TD service ! ! After all we are putting our hard earned money in their product. This service is more worst than any one else.

Last edited by Mpower : 16th March 2008 at 22:36.

Old 15th March 2008, 21:29   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

this is not an universal experience. it really depends on one thing: does the sales person think you are a potential buyer, or just come for a free ride? but yes, i agree with the original poster, Skoda does tend to be thick.
Old 15th March 2008, 21:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
We should also welcome Maruti Suzuki to the club too. 3 Dealers in my area and none of them have a Swift D for a test Drive.
Not having a car for TD is a different issue, but what is mentioned here is that inspite of having a Fabia in the showroom, they don't want it to be ripped. Thats awful. But in either cases no TD = no purchase

Last edited by Karandeep81 : 15th March 2008 at 21:43.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
hi narayan,

> company !! )

i agree, Peninsular honda sales and service is awesome. Atleast 3 people i know who migrated from honda to other cars like ford and chevy came back mainly coz they got fed up of ford and gm service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
Not having a car for TD is a different issue, but what is mentioned here is that inspite of having a Fabia in the showroom, they don't want it to be ripped. Thats awful. But in either cases no TD = no purchase

not giving the car in the showroom for TD is a good thing as they are not abusing customer cars. This practice is done by kairali ford in cochin, these !@#$%^ give out customer cars for TD!!

But then, i agree, not having a TD car is going to affect skoda sales in a bad way! especially for a niche model like the fabia!
Old 15th March 2008, 23:13   #15
BHPian

Udaykars, I believe you should write to Skoda head office and tell them you did not buy Fabia because of this attitude.

Most Viewed