Team-BHP - Scorpio 2.2i?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scorpio 2.2i? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36969-scorpio-2-2i.html)

Just heard from by bro that he saw Scorpio 2.2i. Seems 2.6 CRDe are being repalced by 2.2i and hence this badging. The Scorpios were spotted at Salem and he was told this by the sales guy or so.

Can someone confirm this?

Is it the same 2.2 Hawk engine he has seen?

Yes, the same in mHawk but not sure if its still detuned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 759422)
Just heard from by bro that he saw Scorpio 2.2i. Seems 2.6 CRDe are being repalced by 2.2i and hence this badging. The Scorpios were spotted at Salem and he was told this by the sales guy or so.

Can someone confirm this?

I was told by a dealer that the 2.2 would replace the 2.6 after a period of testing. Seems to me that there was not much of a test on this new 2.2 or the Tata version for that matter. I am not in a hurry to go out and buy this one. Not for a year or 2 anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 759435)
Yes, the same in mHawk but not sure if its still detuned.

state of tune would be same unless the mechanicals/gear box are equipped to take the additional power...

maybe M&M realised no point in testing the2.2 extensively and watch their market share get butchered by GRANDE and SAFARI..

So maybe they thought of launching more variants on the 2.2 rather than just having the " absolutely makes no sense - VLX "

That's good news! Finally, someonw eill be able to buy the new 2.2. scorp! Its just not worth buying it at the current price! Anyone noticed, while we had over a dozen 2.2 dicor users just after its launch, i haven't seen a single MHawk user here!

Why are they till now trying to push Scorpio ????????

Do they have extra body built for Scorpio and stocked in the Stockyard so that they want to push this out ???????

Why don't they release the Ingenio ??? instead of giving make - up to Scorpio

i heard there is a new scorpio for about 7 lacs ex-shwroom, new verison i meant. any details on that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 760699)
i heard there is a new scorpio for about 7 lacs ex-shwroom, new verison i meant. any details on that?

I guess that is the MDI one with the JEEP engine.

The 2.2i (base version)should possibly be priced between the Grande and the Safari to keep customers thinking twice before purchases. Any ideas on the features/equipment list. Hope atleast now they dont expet the driver to get out of his seat to turn the left side "internally adjustable" :Shockked:OVRMS. Common man. I'm buying an SUV at that price and you expect me to still lean out of my seat to adjust my rearviews. Full marks to TATA on this front. Possibly the base versions might still have to wait for electrical rearviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 760699)

Bro saw the base version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 760715)

The 2.2i (base version)should possibly be priced between the Grande and the Safari to keep customers thinking twice before purchases. Any ideas on the features/equipment list. Hope atleast now they dont expet the driver to get out of his seat to turn the left side "internally adjustable" :Shockked:OVRMS. Common man. I'm buying an SUV at that price and you expect me to still lean out of my seat to adjust my rearviews. Full marks to TATA on this front. Possibly the base versions might still have to wait for electrical rearviews.

Even on an Innova G4 you have to wind down your windows to adjust the OVRMs!

Scorpio VLX has many features which are not so useful but high end but lacks many basic features which make it nonsense. They say like "bread and butter" in Scorpio- there is a lot of butter and too little bread hence, doesnt make much sense. I ll rather prefer a sandwich with two breads , even if butter is bit less!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 760715)
I guess that is the MDI one with the JEEP engine.

No he is talking about scorpio LX with crde 2.6 115hp engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 760717)
Bro saw the base version.

Even on an Innova G4 you have to wind down your windows to adjust the OVRMs!

true but theyre pretty big so theres no need to adjust them.

Just enquired with India Garage.

There is a base version with MDI engine at 7.53 OTR. The LX with 2.6 CRDE costs 8.53 OTR.

Could someone give me details of the MDI engine... bhp?, mileage?
Any concerns/problems on MDI model of scorpio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyFreak (Post 762402)
Just enquired with India Garage.

There is a base version with MDI engine at 7.53 OTR. The LX with 2.6 CRDE costs 8.53 OTR.

Could someone give me details of the MDI engine... bhp?, mileage?
Any concerns/problems on MDI model of scorpio?

Its SLOW dude! Its ok for the taxi segment, but as a personal car, its not good enough.

The MDI engine i think is the same one as in some versions of the bolero.