Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 04:55   #31
BHPian

Suppose I sold my vehicle to a person and he met with an accident before the ownership was changed in registration book. How should I deal with such a situation?
Old 14th July 2009, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
This is India, anything is possible in government offices. If you are unsure you may do the following.

1. Go and see the RC book to check if it is indeed updated (if yes, check the signing authority and office)

2. Go to RTO and check with them if they have indeed approved any such thing.

If alls well, then relax and carry on with your other tasks.
Thanks for the information. Yeah, verified the RC book and indeed it indicates the transfer. The transfer seem to have happened with in one day!
But the RTO SMS is still showing old information, may be it is not updated in the system yet.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Car Transfer rules - Information needed

Hi guys,

I have Thane registered (MH-04) Santro car which I am selling to a office colleague. I have gathered the forms needed for the NOC from Thane RTO. I have a few doubts which need clarification.
a) My colleague stays in Airoli in a rented accomodation. Would a Thane passing NOC be sufficient or would there be any need to get an NOC from Vashi RTO (MH-43) also.
b) Would he have to pay any charges for using the vehicle in Airoli/Navi Mumbai/Mumbai??
c) After getting NOC from Thane RTO would he have to intimate Vashi RTO also regarding the same.
d) Within how many days of NOC receipt would the update in the RC book take place in my colleague's name?

Your valuable guidance is urgently needed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2009 at 11:19. Reason: Please continue here. Thanks
Old 28th October 2009, 00:21   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
a) My colleague stays in Airoli in a rented accomodation. Would a Thane passing NOC be sufficient or would there be any need to get an NOC from Vashi RTO (MH-43) also.
Thane NOC

Quote:
b) Would he have to pay any charges for using the vehicle in Airoli/Navi Mumbai/Mumbai??
As long as he has a valid address in Airoli, he can use the car anywhere he wants. The problem with rented accomodation is, some RTOs don't accept phone bills etc. as proof of residence. Best to use the help of an agent.

Quote:
c) After getting NOC from Thane RTO would he have to intimate Vashi RTO also regarding the same.
Yup.

Quote:
d) Within how many days of NOC receipt would the update in the RC book take place in my colleague's name?
He can have the transfer completed on the same day.

I'm going to shut this thread as the sell your car article discusses all of this, and more. Please use the other thread for any further queries.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed