Team-BHP - Someone get me a VIP reg. number!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Someone get me a VIP reg. number!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37149-someone-get-me-vip-reg-number.html)

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on this community, even via indirect usage. Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

i dont know if i'm posting in the right section or not.. could not find any place more appropriate..

i need a registration no. for a new car. the car has to be delhi registered. please tell me all you know since i've been getting vip no. on my cars since the start..

but now the system is frozen due to the chholewalla

also i have a vintage merc with the no. DLF 1100 which i want to transfer .. can it be done ??

please help me guys.

The freeze is supposed to come to an end in April (so I heard). As for transferring the old no to a new car, this used to be possible if the name of the owner remained the same. Do not know the present status. Check with registration brokers at Shiekh Sarai, or better still with the PRO at the authority.

Hope that helps

Cheers

I dont think you can transfer.

Here in Kerala you can go to RTO office and check the number availability in one of their touch screen kiosks. Pay 2000 or 2500 depending on the fancy number and register.

If more than one has registered for teh same number then its goes for an auction.

v10 1100 is NOT a vip no.its a 'fancy no'.
numbers from 6-10 are vip numbers and 1-5 are vvip numbers.the vvip numbers are usually allowted by CM recomendations of the concerned state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zucchero (Post 764379)
numbers from 6-10 are vip numbers and 1-5 are vvip numbers.the vvip numbers are usually allowted by CM recomendations of the concerned state.

I doubt :) Atleast not in Kerala.

All you is $$$ when you go for auction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 764372)
The freeze is supposed to come to an end in April

Find out how long that freeze will be & wait it over. Any local driving school guy should be able to tell you that.:)

If you know any high profile politician in delhi you can still get a VIP or VVIP number

forget april

There are different category of regn numbers in kerela.They are classified into notified numbers,fancy numbers and then choice numbers.Notified numbers are those which are kept aside from the RTO guys.fancy numbers are those which has a fancy value to it.All other numbers you choose is a choice number.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by zucchero (Post 764379)

when did i say it is . i said i WANTED a vip or as u said vvip no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 764393)
If you know any high profile politician in delhi you can still get a VIP or VVIP number

forget april

i dont think that would help as the practice of the politicians signing that request application has come to an end....

You could get whatever number you want in UP for a max of 10k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 764597)
You could get whatever number you want in UP for a max of 10k.

if u want vip no in Delhi multiply this figure by 10
something illegal u want us to answer best way out is visit RTO for once you will find people to help you out, your pocket must be deep enough.
gud luck
Wadhwa Ajay

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude (Post 764623)
if u want vip no in Delhi multiply this figure by 10
something illegal u want us to answer best way out is visit RTO for once you will find people to help you out, your pocket must be deep enough.
gud luck
Wadhwa Ajay

are you serious ?? prices upto 10 lakhs for nos.??

Quote:

Originally Posted by v10 (Post 764917)
are you serious ?? prices upto 10 lakhs for nos.??

10K X 10 = 100K (1 Lakh)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 764923)
10K X 10 = 100K (1 Lakh)

I have seen number's go for 3lac up here in Kerala and hence sure it can fetch lot more in New Delhi:)