Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 09:52   #16
BHPian

46 KPH average (max speed between 70-80) is good on Indian Highways if you want to drive for pleasure. Anyway the objective of this drive was to get mileage and not speed
Old 20th March 2008, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

I share the same opinion as most have put in here.Too irritating to see such advts.It makes the product look like incompetent.I doubt if fiesta needs such backups for selling.Its a good car and has done numbers too before.There are many fiesta owners here and who has achieved this mileage figure till date?
Try to avoid these mags buddies.
ram
Old 20th March 2008, 10:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

while these ads are misleading...due to the lack of possibility to exactly duplicate different types of driving conditions in various cities at various points of time..cant such tests be reference points ?

if the FIESTA did this run at a constant speed and gave X KMPL and another car did the same thing and gave Y kmpl, isnt this a fairly accurate way to project which one could be better under "normal" driving conditions ?
Old 20th March 2008, 10:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Oh god, not another one........(yawn)...........

Do they even need to prove anything?
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:38   #20
BHPian

In chennai, dont know if its the same car.
Autocar India & Ford Fiesta achieve 33 kpl?-20032008419.jpg
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

If at all fiesta had done this and say for example verna did 3 kmpl less that doesn't mean that verna would be again 3kmpl less in the everyday driving chore.Maybe verna is more fuel efficient in that situation.lol.Guys are simply waisting time on such promos.
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:58   #22
BHPian

Auto car is misleading the public....To drive in the highways at 40kmph then why we need ford,alto is good enough.These guys still believe that they can make fools of everyone.
Old 22nd March 2008, 17:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why they(Autocar) are doing it time and again on the Fiesta. I would appreciate if they do it 20-30 cars at a time and find out the most fuel efficient car at that speed.

I'm waiting for the time when they would achieve 40kmpl, which is equivalent to my Pulsar 150
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Government should do something about these kind of reports and advertisement.

They cannot give misleading information and put a disclaimer at the end in small font - 'under ideal driving conditions'.
Do you think any government will do something good for the Car buyers. already we are punished to buy the cars with huge taxes.
Whoever comes, they are in favor or the manufacturers. Who cars about this?
I wrote to to auto car 1.5 years back about this FIESTA PROMOTION CAMPAIGN. They denied it and they said they help people who ask them to buy the best sedan.

You ask AAA to compare Two other cars in the same segment, they will introduce Fiesta and tell thats the best bet you can make.

Now its going on with Optra diesel magnam.

Last edited by agbenny : 22nd March 2008 at 18:13.
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:33   #25
BANNED

I think Ford needs to learn from Honda on how to conduct these contests.

Honda Malaysia invited entries from the public to participate in the Fuel Efficiency Contest. All cars had to retain the attributes of an everyday-sedan such as having the air-conditioning switched on during the drive, and luggage and spare tyre in the cargo area.

Read more here: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge
Old 22nd March 2008, 20:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I don't understand why they(Autocar) are doing it time and again on the Fiesta. I would appreciate if they do it 20-30 cars at a time and find out the most fuel efficient car at that speed.
I agree. It would be nice to have a Logan, SwiftD and Fabia on the same route and same speed and see who wins. Sort of like a FE race.
Old 22nd March 2008, 21:13   #27
BHPian

This is unfair/biassed - period; Autocar being an (unbiased?) automag, should have used all cars in this segment to prove the product rather than conduct something fishy. Guess, Ford pays Autocar dearly to promote its product, expect something from Overdrive soon....

Seeing all this dirty stuff, I have stopped buying any of these auto mags - all crooks in business and none to regulate!
Old 22nd March 2008, 22:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

First of all, this was done on a public road and boys 46.6kmph is the average speed, which means we were doing a decent pace on the highway. Its all about driving technique and yes we did keep the AC switched off.

Drifter
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

From what I know, the drivers were told strictly to maintain a pace of around 60 kmph in 5th gear with the A/C switched off & the windows rolled up. How is that in any way demonstrative of our normal driving conditions?

And like someone asked above, why the Fiesta again & again? Why not a group test to see which product gives most FE under "Controlled" conditions?
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

No that wasn't the case, that was just a basic guideline. But with three drivers, all had different driving styles. Some were slow and some were definately fast.

Just for comparison, the support Endeavours managed about 15kpl with AC. But they were subject to caning as they photographed the event.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks