Team-BHP - Need Advice : Want to Sell my car in Bangalore while i am in the USA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Need Advice : Want to Sell my car in Bangalore while i am in the USA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37162-need-advice-want-sell-my-car-bangalore-while-i-am-usa.html)

Hi

I wish to sell my car (M800\2004) in Bangalore. The problem is I am In US now. I came here for a short term project but it looks like I will be spending more time here.

Is there any way to do the selling while being here. My wife is still there in Bangalore can she do that on my behalf?

Is there any other better way of doing it.

Thanks

\\hkp

Yes, Your Wife can sell your car if you give her the power-of-attorney. I am not sure how you can give that since you are already in US. It costs maybe around 500 Rs (and no bribe) to give p-o-a.

You can still sell by asking your wife to courier the forms to you for signature (if buyer agrees for the wait).

For selling, you simply need to put your signatures on the transfer papers. Not a big deal, atleast in India !

Yeah true, you dont need physical presence, someone in your family can negotiate the deal and explain the buyers that papers will come later.

Post you the documents with "x" mark in place where you need to sign, sign and send them back by post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 765086)
For selling, you simply need to put your signatures on the transfer papers. Not a big deal, atleast in India !

Get a TO form from local RTO and ask your wife to send to you, sign and send it back. Even scanned or Fax copy might work for empty form for you to sign, but to avoid confusion courier originals up n down.

Once you fix on a sale, ensure the date of sale, new owner info etc are entered in the form and then the car can be handed over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 765197)
Get a TO form from local RTO and ask your wife to send to you, sign and send it back. Even scanned or Fax copy might work for empty form for you to sign, but to avoid confusion courier originals up n down.

Once you fix on a sale, ensure the date of sale, new owner info etc are entered in the form and then the car can be handed over.

Exactly, what Jaggu told you is all you need to do. I had done the same before when i had to sell my Jeep. Also ask your wife to take it in writing from the new owner that going forwward from the day the sale agreement is made, the whole responsibility of the car lies on the new owner and not on you.

Hi! I am from delhi and recently shifted to bangalore. I can buy your car. Please e-mail me at yash.bangalore@rediffmail.com the detail of your car and I will give you my contact number so that your wife/family member can contact me. I will be in bangalore from 28th march to 9th april. I normally stay in bangalore 10 days in a month.

Thanks everyone for the reply. In case I am planning to sell it to a used car dealer, are there any differences in the above advice. Most often there won't be a final buyer in picture while selling I belive. Is maruti used car trustworthy?

\\hkp