Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would weigh most in your decision making.
Manufacturer Brand Name 32 40.51%
Number of Service Centres 26 32.91%
Engine Performance/Handling 55 69.62%
Ride Comfort 51 64.56%
Features Available (Value for Money) 61 77.22%
Friends/Relatives Opinion 3 3.80%
Friendliness of Showroom People 5 6.33%
Fuel Efficiency 40 50.63%
Spare Parts Availability 42 53.16%
Cost of Maintainence 48 60.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:54   #31
BHPian

How good a car looks or does not look depends on the person who is looking at the car. IMO, how the car looks or appeals to a person is most imp to any buyer.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Practicality or looks?

But with the cars listed, looks dont even come into the equation. Each can compete with the other as the most ugliest car around.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

irrespective of the cars you listed, I prefer practicality and VFM over looks. But that does not means I sacrifice looks completely. Its like I looks for a deal which gives me best practicality and VFM and decent looks.

That explains of me owned/owning Indica V2 and SX4-ZXi

Last edited by rkbharat : 22nd May 2009 at 14:42.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Looks over VFM for me. I wont say looks> practicality though - both are equally important for me.

I am not sure if Ikon can be called as a bad looking car - it may be old - but not ugly. Xylo/DeZire are ugly looking no doubt. Did you miss Mahindra Logan?
Old 3rd October 2013, 07:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Priorities while buying a car

North wants style, South craves efficiency, says report on vehicle-buying trend in India!

According to a 2013 India Escaped Shopper Study (ESS) by JD Power Asia Pacific, the criteria used by new-vehicle buyers in their shopping process have become strikingly different among the various regions of India.

The study shows that a surge of first-time new-vehicle buyers is largely limited to the West and East regions of India. Nearly 70 per cent of buyers in the West and 57 per cent of buyers in the East are purchasing a new vehicle for the first time.
In contrast, the proportion of first-time new-vehicle buyers has declined over time in the North region and has remained nearly unchanged in the South.

Quote:
Attractive design and styling seem to be the biggest reason for vehicle selection among buyers in the North region, while it has been declining in the South, where new-vehicle buyers have found good fuel efficiency as a reason to purchase
It has also been found that new-vehicle buyers in the South region are more methodical in their purchase process. They conduct extensive preliminary research, visit dealerships, take test drives and negotiate. Buyers in the North were found to do less research before visiting the dealership, relied on the salesperson for information and were less likely to test-drive the vehicle.

Customer retention was also studied, with overall retention increasing by 2 percent and Maruti and Mahindra delivering best retention numbers.

http://overdrive.in/news/jd-powers-l...ers-by-region/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks