Team-BHP - car registration
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   car registration (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37233-car-registration.html)

hey friends i have query that whether it is possible to register a car whose engine has been swapped. if yes whats procedure and cost of doing so ,

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry2223 (Post 766600)
hey friends i have query that whether it is possible to register a car whose engine has been swapped. if yes whats procedure and cost of doing so ,

Easier way ..why spend precious money.. do it the rogue way...tamper the engine and Chassis number...

we have lot of skilled craftsmen in India to do it...

No jokin :)

AFAIK you cant get an engine swapped car regd in India.at least in kerela you cant do it.It was possible earlier but now its not possible.If in any chance you need to get the engine changed you can do it with the permission from RTO.But again you can replace the old engine with the same spec same make engine.I wont advice you to go the carpenter way Buddie.
RAM

Can you please clarify what you want to?

a. An unregistered car, and you have changed the engine and now you want to register it?

b. A registered car, you changed th engine, and want the new engine number in the records?

If it is "b", you certainly can. You need to intimate the fact to the RTO - get in touch with a local rto agent, or post here if you want to a DIY at the rto office.

If it is "a", first tell us, how did you take deliver without the vehicle being registered?

Why do you want to register a car after swapping the engine? Swap engine on a registered car.

i want to swap engine in registered car. i want the new engine to be on the papers instead of older one

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry2223 (Post 767282)
i want to swap engine in registered car. i want the new engine to be on the papers instead of older one

I happened to have this problem with the chassis number, which got rust and disappeared, so is posing a problem for re registration.
The guy the there suggested i get a new chassis & request the head at the RTA in person so then i could get the new chassis number in the book, legally.
So, i guess its possible to get something similar done with the engine, but the engine I guess has to be the same make, model and uses same fuel.

By the way
which car and which new engine?
and the reason for changing?

i am not sure of the other rtos but in hyderabad they have become computerized ones 4-5years ago and the new rules for changing the addresses etc have come in recently like say 1-1.5yrs ago, so they might just have a rule for this too one needs to check this with the official at the respective RTAs

i say the new rules have come up recently because you see, its only recently that they have come up with the system for high demand numbers like the single digits, one needs to pay a dd in the name of rta for 50,000 initial to reserve the number in the running series, and then if the need be, they might have to contest in the auction if more than a party reserves it!

unlike this before the single digits were sold in one after the other with out one having the need to wait for the older series to end. and now its like only when the old series has 1000 numbers left can one reserve these VIP/high demand numbers, be it fat politicians or vips all of them have to wait in line. (unless its V/VVIPS).

so people just check out with your respective RTAs for the same. the rules are changing these days so must be more citizen friendly, at least in Hyderabad it is!

@rider60 - buddy, the rules have been the same. Only diference is that they are being enforced now. ;-) The computer is forcing them to!!!