Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I'am talking about i10. My gut feeling is it would.
Interesting. While I dont think it will be an absolute non starter when placed in the same playing field as these cars, I personally dont think it would set the sales charts on fire.

Points to be considered are:

1. The other cars (Swift / Palio / Indica) are larger (or atleast seem to be larger)

2. The 3 pot engine - will it be able to match the refinement levels of the Swift (not commenting on the other two since this is the only one i've driven) Like I said in my previous post, it all depends on how it is packaged and attention given to NVH, insulation etc.

3. What the i10 has going for it are its fresh interiors and some unique features like the optional sunroof.

Anyway, here we are speculating on the fate of a non existent car which has shown no indications of being launched so just for fun lets pretend that they're going to launch an i10 diesel with Automatic transmission. All at a price of about 5.5 lakhs. Now that would give tough competition !
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

Its a 3 pot engine. If I am not mistaken, the Fabia comes with a similiar engine ? And the NVH levels are nothing to write home about.
Lets wait and watch....
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:44   #18
nbr
BHPian

Its going to Bomb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Is there any another source who is confirming this news?

If this is true then lot's of questions are coming in my mind..

If it's small diesel

1) Why not i10 diesel than santro who is already in now the lower catagory?

2) Why it was not introduced in Getz itself of putting verna engine in the getz? In such case getz + 1.1/2 ltr CRDI should come around swift VDI price

which should sell very well..

What do you think?

If Santro is launched with a Diesel engine, its goin to bomb just like the Getz. Hyundai always tries to act smart by pushing their luck with higher prices
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just how accurate is this source? Prefer to wait for a more reliable one. But if it were true, then would the i10 diesel ever materialize?
Old 22nd March 2008, 15:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the 1.1L engine produces a whopping 75bhp of power and 15KGM torque, however Hyundai is contemplating to detune the power to 63bhp.
Or even this can be a possibility.. a 75 bhp i10 and a 63bhp Santro!
Old 22nd March 2008, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Guys, the launch of the Santro crdi seems to be nothing but a rumour or some wishful thinking and we're already speculating the release of a diesel i10 as well!

Lets wait and watch or atleast hold our horses till this is confirmed!
Old 22nd March 2008, 16:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Plus it will get a tax exemption less than 4 m in length and less than 1400cc deisel. But Still Its a bit smaller than the swift and this just might make the swift not loose its sales much. It may happen that guys going for Uva/Spark and Zen/Wagon R may prefer this
Old 24th March 2008, 10:37   #23
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about a diesel car with automatic transmission , if available in India? The cheapest I find is Skoda Laura. The Skoda rider diesel automatic has been discontinued.

If Santro, Getz or i10/ swift / palio diesel gets launched with auto tranny, I am sure, it will sell like a hot cake.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:17   #24
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-1-1-crdi.html

I posted this on the 12th of July 2006.

Is it the same one?

BTW, that was with my old team-BHP handle, for which I forgot the password and created the current one.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Santro crdi was a talk of the town since some time now.Dont know why its being delayed.But with the current Launches from MSIl,fiat etc it would be a tough going with the 3 pot engine.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 11:42   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the news is true, this might be just the shot-in-the-arm that the Santro needed. Hyundai should (and will) expect the Santro diesel to eat into i10 sales.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

I want Santro CRDi with Automatic transmission.
Best way to deal with Delhi traffic.
Old 24th March 2008, 12:01   #28
BHPian

This was expected considering that hyundai has attained quite a market share with its CRDi engines..sooner or later they had to plonk it in the santro and heard that this car has got some good revenue to hyundai thru export aswell.so the CRDi defenitely value adds to this model big time. But am not sure if it will click well as the petrol version did since its up against some good competition from the Swift's, Indica's Palio MJD and likes unless this car is properly priced and a little remodelling if required. The tall boys are a passe currently..a more sleeker design should work for the santro..
Old 25th March 2008, 11:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
----unless this car is properly priced and a little remodelling if required. The tall boys are a passe currently..a more sleeker design should work for the santro..
More than the design, they need to add some more features for safety, comfort and utility and the ergonomics need tremendous improvement. The seat height and underthigh support, length all need to be re-visited and place the pedals properly as there are many people who said there is some problem in Santro and I agree wholeheartedly. By the way, they should make these changes even if they dont launch an auto option with diesel engine.
Old 16th October 2012, 20:25   #30
BHPian

Re: Santro CRDi coming this May

Well, i was just going through this thread and other online discussions about the Santro Diesel.
Is it really being launched? If so, we can expect to see it on roads only by May-June 2013.
It would be a real VFM car and would even dethrone the i10 if it was offered in better interiors like the i10 and the i20. Hyundai are trying to stop Santro's production but still, people are willing to buy the 14 year old car.
If the Santro Diesel comes in with better interiors and a better suspension, it will definitely push the other diesels like the Beat, Ritz, etc out of the competition. ( Not mentioning the Swift and the Figo because those two are really amazing cars IMHO).
Well, i'm already on the hunt for my second diesel car and hope they introduce the diesel Santro ASAP so that i can replace my Petrol santro with the diesel one!

Details: http://autos.maxabout.com/cvid000054...esel_crdi.aspx

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed