Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2005, 10:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
the bottom line from this topic is that Tata cars suck as a driving experience
tata cars :WTF: say its tata trucks.indica is the smallest version of the truck while the sumo is the closest that one can get to a boat or a truck.
Old 1st February 2005, 10:45   #32
Team-BHP Support

hmm..interesting. The worst drivers' cars on Indian roads are also some of the best sellers!

And we all wonder why manufacturers don't seem keen to sell us their high powered, good handling modern cars!!
Old 1st February 2005, 11:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till date among the cars i have driven i think Versa is worst.
Haha remember how it stalled 4 times before even the word GO !!

Dippy
Old 1st February 2005, 11:59   #34
bhp
BHPian

tata cars are pathetic to drive !! specially the estate without the power steering , man u need muscles for that car .
Old 1st February 2005, 12:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And we all wonder why manufacturers don't seem keen to sell us their high powered, good handling modern cars!!
Exactly, car makers know tha the Indian customer isn't looking for anything other than FE and VFM.

Shan2nu
Old 1st February 2005, 12:58   #36
BHPian

When Tata came out with Cars , there was a big joke in our circle that
"All Car manufacturers do R&D before selling the car and TATA do R&D after selling the car , the customers complaints form their basis for next design "
Old 1st February 2005, 13:06   #37

well its sad to hear that most of the cars in india are considered way below standard abroad...only latelt with new models is it becoming better for us...else we drove other country's rejects
Old 2nd February 2005, 12:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think the Premier Padmini is the worst car I ever had the misfortune of driving. I never drove an Amby, so I can't talk about those. But the Padmini...what fantastic quality control! Shut lines you could stick your hand through, a body that rusted within 15 minutes of buying it, doors that never closed properly, beautiful syncromess gearbox...
Old 2nd February 2005, 13:37   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a body that rusted within 15 minutes of buying it,
I thought the rust was an OE fitment on the Padmini! I remember my uncle came home in a brand new Padmini which already showed the rust bubbles near the fenders!
Old 4th February 2005, 22:46   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75
I think the Premier Padmini is the worst car I ever had the misfortune of driving. I never drove an Amby, so I can't talk about those. But the Padmini...what fantastic quality control! Shut lines you could stick your hand through, a body that rusted within 15 minutes of buying it, doors that never closed properly, beautiful syncromess gearbox...
actualy those doors that never close properly saved my fingers a couple of times. LOL
Old 4th February 2005, 23:31   #41
BHPian

Hyundai Sonata - Period!!!! It's just awful, awful, AWFUL!!!!!
Old 5th February 2005, 00:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper
Really?? is the Sonata horrible in the driver's seat too? Coz i thought the rear passengers always recieved the worst treatment.

Here's a quote from Overdrive's Sonata V6 road test : ""The Sonata retains the same suspension set-up which means that its ride is great for nice city roads but once you hit the highways, the car bounces around all over. In the few days the car was with us, it caused three people sitting on the back seat to throw up, that too on different drives. This, not including the Hyundai PR manager who also fell prey to the churning of the stomach on our drive to Goa. All of them claimed that this was the first time they had suffered so on a drive and in fact our photographer who had come from Mumbai to shoot the cars preferred to sit in our long term test Opel Corsa. ""

Source.

Shan2nu
Old 5th February 2005, 00:51   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk75
a body that rusted within 15 minutes of buying it,
I thought the rust was an OE fitment on the Padmini! I remember my uncle came home in a brand new Padmini which already showed the rust bubbles near the fenders!
Lol! Isnt it true that the old Premier factory / or where they stored the newly produced cars was very prone to flooding and was pretty much underwater for a couple of weeks a year?

R
Old 5th February 2005, 09:00   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper
One manager in my company bought a Sonata - in his Safari, he could drive for 9-10 hours in a stretch, the Sonata can only do 5 hours in comfort
Old 5th February 2005, 10:40   #45
RJK
Senior - BHPian

In my case too it has got to be the Indica....I owned one...amazingly sluggish it is..I also drove the DLE once...no P/S & boy was it good for my triceps ! Another car that I hate is the Accent with its boat like handling...although I have the CRDi I'm not too fan of the car because of its ridiculous handling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks