Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 19:34   #61
BHPian

There are some customers, whatever crap they give they want with a Honda badge. If Honda had that much confident in their vehicle & customer safety why did they lauch Airbags after SX4. They would have done this long back.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
There are some customers, whatever crap they give they want with a Honda badge. If Honda had that much confident in their vehicle & customer safety why did they lauch Airbags after SX4. They would have done this long back.
Only vtec have airbags and ABS not the other ver. of Honda City and still honda city's sales are higher than SX4.
Oh yes, SX4 was a good competition for them, just to over come such goodies they opted for vtec and it proved to be a good move. Person who can spend 9 lakh on vtec can spend 30-40k more on such goodies.
But i'm still wondering Hyundai Guys havnt added airbags in Verna. Confident? or Over Confident? whatever it is Verna's sales are still higher than SX4.

Last edited by Gangsta : 25th March 2008 at 19:40.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Every dealer has got tremendous bookings and wait for the launch and it will create another record in the number of cars sold in first hour of launch.It would be atleast 3-4 times the estilo or swift record .
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 20:26   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Every dealer has got tremendous bookings and wait for the launch and it will create another record in the number of cars sold in first hour of launch.It would be atleast 3-4 times the estilo or swift record .
ram
Dont know about bookings but launch is tomorrow i think? please confirm buddy.

How about the record of i10?

Last edited by Gangsta : 25th March 2008 at 20:33.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ram

Did Estilo Get such a good initial Response in the Beginning????
Old 25th March 2008, 20:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
If it had happened the other way round, ie, had they launched the Dzire first and the Swift later we would have found it acceptable. Due to this, my gut feel is that , after we get used to the Dzire we will find it's looks more than decent.

Similar words were use in the car and bike show on NDTV. Maybe its indeed true
Old 25th March 2008, 20:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
I quite agree with you there, Sanjay. Swift Dzire is going to eat into SX4 sales, AND the Swift sales.
I quite agree with you here Indeed, I'm one such prospective customer.

Moving to Dzire (albeit petrol version) from SX4.

Still, like they say, nothing is final till its final. I'm yet to see/TD the vehicle and yet to write the cheque. I don't see major reasons why I won't, except if for some reason, the wait period is more than reasonably acceptable for the petrol version.

Last edited by sudhirlp : 25th March 2008 at 20:47. Reason: internal url title fetch makes writeup confusing
Old 25th March 2008, 22:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Yes estilo had an initial sales volume record.I am sure it would break i10 record too.The word arround dealerships are very positive.
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 22:59   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Dzire will kill SX4 on account of being a better looker and with a diesel option.
If anything, the already lower-selling SX4 Vxi will see fewer customers. But knowing Maruti's marketing skills, I would expect killer buying options made available on the SX4 Vxi once its volumes drop below a level, that would make life impossible for the Vxi's competitors. I expect the Zxi to be largely unaffected.
Old 25th March 2008, 23:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

That view point is accepted MAG.But SX4 vxi sales have never dropped even after the news of the launch of dzire.I am surprised too.
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 23:10   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But SX4 vxi sales have never dropped even after the news of the launch of dzire.I am surprised too.
ram

We'll revisit this situation once the Dzire has its marketing blitzed into the Indian's mindset !

Last edited by theMAG : 25th March 2008 at 23:29.
Old 25th March 2008, 23:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
I quite agree with you here Indeed, I'm one such prospective customer.

Moving to Dzire (albeit petrol version) from SX4.
Man! You are actually shifting from an SX4 to a Dzire! But Petrol?? Why???? Why not diesel Dzire? And, is this in addition to SX4 or in place of SX4?
Old 25th March 2008, 23:23   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
We'll revisit this situation once the Dzire has it marketing blitzed into the Indian's mindset !
I too feel the same. DZIRE diesel would be a very tempting offer to resist for customers having SX4 VXi in mind.
Old 26th March 2008, 00:28   #74
BHPian

Even the international media is picking up on this. If someone can read Dutch, there's also a full review up online that I'll post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.JapanCarBlog.com
"The image of a hatchback and styling of Swift is carried forward to the Sedan. The new car will be available in both petrol and diesel variants," Maruti Suzuki India Ltd Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek said.
On the pricing of the new car, Pareek declined to share details. However according to the company sources, the petrol variant is expected to be priced between Rs 4.75 to Rs 5 lakh, while the diesel variant would be available for above Rs 5.5 lakh.
The company is also expanding the capacity of its plant in Manesar to three lakh units per annum by 2010, up from the existing about 1.4-lakh units in a year.
Attached Thumbnails
who should be afraid of Dzire-swift_sedan_4.jpg  

who should be afraid of Dzire-swift_sedan_3.jpg  

who should be afraid of Dzire-swift_sedan_2.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by hskhan : 26th March 2008 at 00:30.
Old 26th March 2008, 03:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

They should change this to read, "India CREATES a sedan version for the Swift".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks