Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 10:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
NHC is a different segment. A potential NHC guy will not buy a dzire or a indigo.
However due to horrid rear legroom, people who want to lug their families around will still opt for Indigo/Logan
Don't bet on that. i am in the market for a sedan in 10L range and i am considering Dzire Z coz its loaded to the brim. I have to go for NHC VTEC to get similar features as Gxi (Airbags,ABS,EBD,climate control) doesn't have them!

i agree about the rear legroom and interior class of NHC though. decisions, decisions....
off topic - wonder what NHC will be called in 09 - ONHC?
Old 27th March 2008, 10:17   #107
BHPian

I would like to be Kanjoss because for my driving of around 2000+ kms every month it would make sense for me to go for diesel car with considerably cheap maintenance.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Unlike the name suggests, the DZire takes away the desire to buy one. It looks like the sporty looking hatchback has collided with a sedan from the backside, and somehow the parts got joined together like you see in the cartoons...!

The 'onboard 5 computers' kind of advertising stuff was once used by Hyundai that made people think that only their cars have ecu.

BTW, with DZire, is the rear legroom improved? It is really difficult to sit in the back seat of a Swift - esp for 6ft+ people.

Is Diesel version (1.3 MJD) available? Surprisingly in my place (Kollam - Kerala) I can only see Swift diesels unlike in Bangalore.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:31   #109
BHPian

Its bad to see such out of the topic discussions....

Guys.. why compare NHC to Dzire... the comparison can be between fiestas & SX4s etc... dzire isn't in that league..
Apart from the sales of NHC is concerned.. it sure has received a beating from SX4..as maruti told people that ABS & airbags can be there in a sub 7lac car.. which honda thought of otherwise...

In case of Dzire.. i dont think in india, we guys can talk about look factor...
If Logan can sell.. can bet anything that dzire is way ahead of that...
its supposed to give a boost to the sagging sales of maruti in the segment where once it was strong... and with dzire.. many guys would sure go for it looking at the huge success of swift petrol & diesel engines...
Aveo..(it still exists), Indigo, Logan...all will be affected and looking at the repo of maruti's after sales support and customer handling.. it sure will put sales charts on fire...
Old 27th March 2008, 10:39   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
Swift can't beat NHC, I think you are a newbie swift owner and havnt driven NHC upto the extreme.
Are you talking about the NHC-Vtec ? If not, I don't see any reason why a Swift-P can't beat the NHC, inspite of the NHC being driven to whatever extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Please take Honda City page now. It shows in a big flash screen- In a car costing 7-9L, body coloured mirrors and door handles is a new value addition?
So much for the type of crowd that is supposed to be the target market for it.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th March 2008 at 10:42.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:40   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A potential NHC guy will not buy a dzire or a indigo.
I have a different opinion in relation to this. Not NHC/ Indigo but changing decisions about car segments based on ones assessments about the product while actually buying it.
One of my friends potential buyer of Innova started with it and ended up buying Indigo. I would say many people realize their needs once they start the buying process.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

You can't call a person spending about 5 lakhs on a car a kanjoos. This is India. Do you know our per capita income ?
Why this attitude of painting fellow desis with those words ?
Just like a guy buying a hatch for 20 lakh would not be called a Idiot when you can buy a big car like Accord, Camry etc.,
The needs are different and people I am sure do a lot of research before investing that kind of money and they buy the best they want.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Don't bet on that. i am in the market for a sedan in 10L range and i am considering Dzire Z coz its loaded to the brim. I have to go for NHC VTEC to get similar features as Gxi (Airbags,ABS,EBD,climate control) doesn't have them!

i agree about the rear legroom and interior class of NHC though. decisions, decisions....
off topic - wonder what NHC will be called in 09 - ONHC?
I know a few NHC owners, who are feeling very cheated after the DZire launch. Features like ABS & airbags at this price, will sure eat into Honda sales as well. No doubt.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Are you talking about the NHC-Vtec ? If not, I don't see any reason why a Swift-P can't beat the NHC, inspite of the NHC being driven to whatever extreme
I second that. There is no way an NHC Exi/Gxi can keep up to the Swift-P no matter however its driven. The NHC VTEC though is in a different class

Last edited by prince85 : 27th March 2008 at 11:30.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:41   #115
Senior - BHPian

What i feel now is that more people are confused now.What an effect due to the spot on pricing of the car.

ram
Old 27th March 2008, 11:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Apart from the sales of NHC is concerned.. it sure has received a beating from SX4..as maruti told people that ABS & airbags can be there in a sub 7lac car.. which honda thought of otherwise...
Sales fig. are more of NHC than SX4.

Quote:
Are you talking about the NHC-Vtec ? If not, I don't see any reason why a Swift-P can't beat the NHC, inspite of the NHC being driven to whatever extreme.

So much for the type of crowd that is supposed to be the target market for it.
May be i'm wrong, But i had seen and driven both the cars upto the extreme and found NHC better.
Old 27th March 2008, 12:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
But i had seen and driven both the cars upto the extreme and found NHC better.
Well, it was not about which is the better car, but which one would be faster/quicker and in that I guess the Swift-P wins.
Old 27th March 2008, 12:27   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it was not about which is the better car, but which one would be faster/quicker and in that I guess the Swift-P wins.
No issues mate. May be i'm wrong.

So, any TD review for Dzire till now?
Old 27th March 2008, 12:34   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The 'onboard 5 computers' kind of advertising stuff was once used by Hyundai that made people think that only their cars have ecu.
They still use that way of marketing. Ever wondered what exactly a 'Motor driven steering' on the i10 actually is?
Old 27th March 2008, 12:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Dzire yesterday. Looks that it is the result of a one night stand between the swift and some other car left in a public parking.

However, due to its pricing, sound drivetrain, Maruti brand image and A** and the fact that ther are a large number of people to whom a car with a boot means a big upmarket car, the Dzire will sell in huge numbers. Though NHC and the SX4 need not loose too much sleep over it ( anly a few stray buyers will go in for Dzire over these two) Accent, Ikon and Logan will suffer.

As for me , I am going ahead with the SX4 ZXI!

Most Viewed