Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:41   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
SX4 vs DZire is the battle to be witnessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Can we start talking of dzire effecting sales of City or SX4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
I was planning to go in for the SX4 Vxi. But hearing about the launch of this car, I've decided to wait and check out the Dzire before buying. The Zdi version, in particular interests me.
I rest my case.

For those in America, good morning !
For those in Gulf & Europe, have a great lunch !
For those in India, have a great evening.
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
I rest my case.

Since you've quoted me I'd like to make it clear that IMO, the SX4 is much more VFM in my opinion that the NHC. That's why i was looking at the SX4 in the first place.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:02   #33
BHPian

Well whatever, Desire is giving me sleepless nights ever since i saw its picture! Gawd its so ugly!(IMHO only)
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Burnt,buddie if you want an sx4 go for one,its in a different league altogether.Dzire would be an entry level mid sizer.It would never substitute an sx4.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:14   #35
BHPian

Lets not forget that the Dzire is to take over from where the Esteem left off. It is an entry-level sedan, though some recent price-adjusted 4.5 lac sedans have now given this segment an entirely new meaning.

A 5.5 lakh Maruti sedan is always going to have its followers. But the Dzier has its work cut out against the Indigo, Logan and Ikon....all of which are far more spacious / comfortable.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Swift Dezire won't shake cars like SX4/NHC. It would do shake cars in its class if priced aggreesively but its very tight for Maruti because of Indigo CS and Logan.

I know lot of Maruti fans here in this forum and its not worth discussing about Dezire because people would say blindly Dezire will sweep the market.

SX4 materials are below in quality compared to Verna,Fiesta,NHC so SX4 is VFM economy Sedan which comes with safety features too. So NHC buyer won't look at SX4 so no question of him thinking about Dezire.

People buy Dezire/SX4 who need entry level or matured Sedan which costs less than other cars in their respective class and if owner need service everywhere in India.

After seeing SX4 interior, Maruti build quality I feel like Dezire will have pathetic rattling interiors. Once I see it in showroom I can confirm this fact

So people would buy Dezire for FE, A.S.S. thinking Maruti budge. First few months it would sell in 3XXX numbers per month and SX4 sales would be 1XXX and NHC sales would continue 2XXX.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd March 2008 at 19:22.
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Dzire may give tough fight to Verna / Fiesta / Logan

Verna and Fiesta need to be afraid of Dzire. Suzuki never had a diesel sedan and Accent and Ikon had a field day because of this. Accent and Ikon passed this legacy on to Verna and Fiesta. But with Dzire diesel's launch imminent, they really need to fear. Verna / Fiesta are not in the same league as Skoda sedans and hence some Verna / Fiesta buyers wouldn't mind buying Dzire and saving some money in the process. After all, if Verna / Fiesta buyers do not mind buying NHC ( a Jazz-based sedan ), then how would they mind buying a Swift-based sedan? Fiesta at least looks good but the same can not be said about Verna. Also, some consider Hyundai brand an infra-dig and Ford notorious for a.s.s. and high spare prices. Except Mitsu Lancer, there hasn't been a single Jap diesel sedan in the market. Mitsu hasn't been a success because of high price and HM's image. No one can beat Maruti on relaibility, a.s.s., low spare cost and resale value. It will basically be a quality Jap sedan at an affordable price.

Logan also has a lot to fear. It is very hard to like its looks and it is over-priced for what it offers. Only Indigo may weather this storm because of low prices. But its sales will take a hit, too.

Having said all this, I do not personally like hatch-based sedans. I find the looks of New Honda City, Indigo and Dzire very ugly. If NHC and Indigo can sell in high numbers, then Dzire with lower sticker price should set the sales charts afire but all these three cars are no no for me.
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

If the Dzire offers what the Esteem offered plus a little more, am sure Maruti would have no issues with its sales figures.
Old 24th March 2008, 01:29   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

everyone seems to be talking about its competiton with sedans but what abt hatches?
def its closest competiton will be the indigoCS and logan but also its younger brother the swift and other hatches.
I know of several people who were goin for a hatchback as no good sedan fit their budget. So now they are streching their budget to get the dzire
Old 24th March 2008, 03:02   #40

how about some pictures.
i am in USA and have no clue what cars are you guys talking about.
Old 24th March 2008, 03:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I know of several people who were goin for a hatchback as no good sedan fit their budget. So now they are streching their budget to get the dzire
This is true to an extent, there is no good sedan in the 5 lac price range. Accent and Ikon are all well past their prime and with Esteem off the market there was a big void which Maruti have filled with this new sedan.

As far as the diesel car goes, there is only the Indigo in this price range. People who were not happy with Tata's service but still needed a diesel sedan had to go with Verna, Fiesta or Logan. But with Dzire you have a sedan with a great diesel engine, much cheaper than the others and comes with great service network.
Old 24th March 2008, 05:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Verna and Fiesta need to be afraid of Dzire. Suzuki never had a diesel sedan and Accent and Ikon had a field day because of this. Accent and Ikon passed this legacy on to Verna and Fiesta. But with Dzire diesel's launch imminent, they really need to fear. Verna / Fiesta are not in the same league as Skoda sedans and hence some Verna / Fiesta buyers wouldn't mind buying Dzire and saving some money in the process. After all, if Verna / Fiesta buyers do not mind buying NHC ( a Jazz-based sedan ), then how would they mind buying a Swift-based sedan? Fiesta at least looks good but the same can not be said about Verna. Also, some consider Hyundai brand an infra-dig and Ford notorious for a.s.s. and high spare prices. Except Mitsu Lancer, there hasn't been a single Jap diesel sedan in the market. Mitsu hasn't been a success because of high price and HM's image. No one can beat Maruti on relaibility, a.s.s., low spare cost and resale value. It will basically be a quality Jap sedan at an affordable price.

Maruti indeed had a diesel sedan buddie-Esteem DI.Its not just diesel alone but a refined and proven diesel thats the question.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 05:54   #43

sales figure

Well, i believe the sales sales figure should be seen YOY(Year to Year) and shall not be comapred month to month. What i mean is we need to sales figure of NHC in Feb-07 and Feb-08 and shall be compare to SX4 or Verna. This i believe is the right method.
Old 24th March 2008, 08:05   #44
BANNED

In UK, Ford Fiesta is sold as hatchback. I have seen many doing the service in Heathrow airport. Picture is attached.
In US, you can buy Verna (called Accent) in hatchback form. Picture is attached.

NHC is a sedan first. Jazz/Fit is the hatchback which shares the same engine as NHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
After all, if Verna / Fiesta buyers do not mind buying NHC ( a Jazz-based sedan ), then how would they mind buying a Swift-based sedan?
Attached Thumbnails
who should be afraid of Dzire-getimage.aspimagenamespg_3_28_0_23991.jpgfilenamefie_5dr_lrg.jpg  

who should be afraid of Dzire-imgcab80hyc011b0101.jpg  

Old 24th March 2008, 12:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
NHC is a sedan first. Jazz/Fit is the hatchback which shares the same engine as NHC.
You got it totally wrong buddie. NHC is the sedan version of Jazz/Fit. The hatchbacks came first, not the sedan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks