Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 03:43   #151
BHPian

Boot space difference may be due to difference in tyre width of stepney between other variants & ZXI/ZDI
Old 30th March 2008, 08:30   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Ram, Could you please tell where the 24 ltr boot space go in ZDi and ZXi?

(LXI, VXi, LDi, VDi = Boot is 464 ltr but ZXi,ZDi = 440 ltr )

does Zdi and ZXi has more leg room? I went ti BIMAL - Bangalore today, they have VDi for disply, so Sales Person was not able to answer this question
Yes the difference in boot space between the other variants and top end ones is due to the difference in the tyre size.But it need not be 24 lts it should be lesser than that.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 08:52   #153
BHPian

But I am very much confused why maruti came up with a Swift + ,SX4- model.It neither falls there or here.May be they have few cars in mind to target.But market of 4.5-6 lakhs are not very high right!
Old 30th March 2008, 09:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Maruti needed a car to replace the Esteem. To make it work, they had to keep the prices low and that in turn entailed working on the Swift.

Maruti is facing a tough fight in the B segment. The Santro, i10 and Indica are giving the Wagon R and the Estilo a tough time forcing MS to give heavy discounts.

Till they have new models in the segment, they can consolidate their hold in the B+ and C segments. The Swift twins are doing exceedingly well and Dzire wil in all probability gain leadership position in the lower C segment. ( As far as the pricing is concerned, the Indigo CS is in the B segment so I am not counting it in the C segment)
Old 30th March 2008, 09:38   #155
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has launched Dzire as Esteem replacement. Mercifully, they have not named it Esteem Estilo.
Old 30th March 2008, 10:54   #156
Senior - BHPian

MUL wanted to continue Swift's success story so continued Swift name in it. Esteem name would like dated now since its very old car.

No one need to be afraid of Dezire because it won't come close to cars in its segment like Indigo/Logan/IKon except for Maruti badge. Dezire rear seat is cramped as Swift.

Only good thing I felt about Dezire is fully loaded feature. If you drive yourself and maximum 4 medium height (5.7) people travel in the car who needs boot and safety top end Dezire is excellant one to buy.

If one needs practicality/comfort/space its Logan/Indigo anyday.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:02   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
MUL wanted to continue Swift's success story so continued Swift name in it. Esteem name would like dated now since its very old car.

No one need to be afraid of Dezire because it won't come close to cars in its segment like Indigo/Logan/IKon except for Maruti badge. Dezire rear seat is cramped as Swift.

Only good thing I felt about Dezire is fully loaded feature. If you drive yourself and maximum 4 medium height (5.7) people travel in the car who needs boot and safety top end Dezire is excellant one to buy.

Regards,

Ravi.
You are right about the space. But what about the A.S.S of Mahindra and TATA if compared to Dzire. My friend's Indigo really gave hell lot of problem. I'm not against TATA or Logan, its just a General Point because People trust Maruti more than TATA or Mahindra.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:16   #158
Senior - BHPian

While it is true that legroom is at a premium for the rear seat occupants in the Dzsire it may not be too much of a negative for MSIL. Dzire is aimed at the individual car buyer rather than the Taxi Cab segment and most of the peole will be upgrading from the likes of M800, Alto, Santro. Moreover, in how many times do more than 2 peole travel in a car. In most of the cases there are not more than two people in a car. IMHO people will overlook the lack of rear leg room in the Dzire and see it as an affordable "Dicky wali car"
Old 30th March 2008, 12:03   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,

Ravi.
ravi,I dont think the logan is comfortable than swift dzire.Dont compare the logan with the hatch swift.Rear seats of dzire is more comfortable than the hatch.Yes logan has that extra width but the rear seats are a bench.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 21:05   #160
BHPian

I was in the maruti showroom again today to book a dzire and I asked the sales guy about the missing 25ltr boot space in the zxi variant. He told me that in the zxi variant a bit of boot has been cut out to make space for some more legroom for the rear passengers since the zxi variant was expected to be bought by people who would have a driver drive for them.
I dont know how true this is since the showroom did not have a zxi/zdi on display.
Old 30th March 2008, 21:16   #161
Senior - BHPian

Well I studied few things then only I have made comments about Dezire and other cars. I have not compared Logan with Swift. Please read my comments again

What disappointed me is even in my Matiz when front seats are fully pushed back I being 6 ft tall can sit with cramped status in back seat and its same case in Swift/Dezire which indicates Maruti engineers never concentrate on coming up with better talented design. This is just one example there are lot of points I can show, but I decided to keep silence for now time will tell in future once more people do test drive, from owner's feedback.

I still prefer Dezire who wants to save money while buying it but with loaded features, maximum 4 medium height people travel in the car.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th March 2008, 22:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
What disappointed me is even in my Matiz when front seats are fully pushed back I being 6 ft tall can sit with cramped status in back seat and its same case in Swift/Dezire which indicates Maruti engineers never concentrate on coming up with better talented design.

I still prefer Dezire who wants to save money while buying it but with loaded features, maximum 4 medium height people travel in the car.

Well, I'm 6' 1" tall and with the drivers seat pushed back to my comfort, I was able to seat myself in the rear seat just about in comfort. I agree that it is slightly cramped, but not as cramped as some people are making it out to be. In most small cars (have experience with Alto and Zen), even people of average height have trouble sitting behind me when I'm driving. I am not familiar with the Matiz, but I don't expect it to have much greater rear legroom than the Zen. In that case, I really can't agree with your comparison and criticism.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:00   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
ravi,I dont think the logan is comfortable than swift dzire.Dont compare the logan with the hatch swift.Rear seats of dzire is more comfortable than the hatch.Yes logan has that extra width but the rear seats are a bench.
ram
I checked out the Dzire on Friday.
Front seating you have to squeeze in when sitting to avoid the steering wheel hitting your thigh.
Rear seats is comfortable for two. If you put three, the person in the center will be very uncomfortable cause the mold in the design is basically a 2 seater.
Leg room in the rear seat also is very less.

In reality the car looks better than what it appears in images, However it still has a look of a Sedan with a bloated face.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:59   #164
BHPian

Compare for rear seat ride comfort

Quote:
ram
Seats comfortable. Maybe. What about the suspension and thus the back seat ride.

Dzire is a sedan with boot stuck on (aka Indigo), agree that from styling perspective they did a great job. However compared to Indigo where the rear suspension was redesigned for a "sedan" the Dzire has just the rear spring rates revised to take care of the additional weight.

I do not understand why Logan/Dzire/Indigo can't be compared, whether its for space, comfort .. .and what not. After all they are entry level sedans.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
ram
I too went to the nearby showroom yesterday. I found the rear seat legroom quite ok. Not as cramped as people are making it to be.
Talking of 3 people at the back feeling cramped- even a skoda octavia can leave you feeling cramped on a long drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks