Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 12:39   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Well, I'm 6' 1" tall and with the drivers seat pushed back to my comfort, I was able to seat myself in the rear seat just about in comfort. I agree that it is slightly cramped, but not as cramped as some people are making it out to be. In most small cars (have experience with Alto and Zen), even people of average height have trouble sitting behind me when I'm driving. I am not familiar with the Matiz, but I don't expect it to have much greater rear legroom than the Zen. In that case, I really can't agree with your comparison and criticism.
I'm 6'1" myself and fully agree to this. Tried seating in the front comfortably and then tried the back seat. It was Ok (just about comfortable). If I were to buy dZeire the rear leg room issue would certainly not be the limiting factor for me. It seems Ok and not as bad as people are making it out to be. Seat cushioning also felt right for two at the rear.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:14   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
I was in the maruti showroom again today to book a dzire and I asked the sales guy about the missing 25ltr boot space in the zxi variant. He told me that in the zxi variant a bit of boot has been cut out to make space for some more legroom for the rear passengers since the zxi variant was expected to be bought by people who would have a driver drive for them.
I dont know how true this is since the showroom did not have a zxi/zdi on display.
Time to get hold of an measurement tape and ascertain whether it's true !
Old 31st March 2008, 13:54   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Front seating you have to squeeze in when sitting to avoid the steering wheel hitting your thigh.
Isnt the steering height and rake adjustable?
Old 31st March 2008, 14:40   #169
BHPian

Does anyone has any idea about the make and model of Dezire inbuilt audio system and speakers?
Old 31st March 2008, 15:24   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Time to get hold of an measurement tape and ascertain whether it's true !
The difference in the boot space is due to the bigger tyre and the alloys.
ram
Old 31st March 2008, 15:25   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The steering is tilt adjustable in the ZDi /ZXI version only.No rake adjustment for Dzire.
ram
Old 31st March 2008, 16:16   #172
Senior - BHPian

What point I am making is Dezire has good front seats and bad rear seats! Space and comfort in Logan/Indigo is excellant while Dezire is quiet ok.

Dezire has fully loaded feature while indigo/Logan lack few features Dezire offers!

Maruti knows very well people who buy Hatches, Entry level sedans in India give importance to FE, A.S.S., Safety, looks, fully loaded features rather than space, comfort, reliability. Dezire wins such people's requirement while people who need space, comfort, reliability, safety would buy cars from higher segments.

Considering its Maruti lets hope it will shake cars in its segment

Please lets not drag too much about it because many of us are not going to buy it

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 31st March 2008 at 16:18.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:23   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Please lets not drag too much about it because many of us are not going to buy it
Why will many of us not buy it ? I see many booking by T-Bhpians already and I am sure many more will come.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:30   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Considering its Maruti lets hope it will shake cars in its segment

Regards,

Ravi.

As per BIMAL bangalore ZDi waiting is 5 to 6 months

Is there any way to remove A piller Black sticker from ZDi , VDi variant ?
Old 31st March 2008, 19:06   #175
BHPian

Ended up going to a Maruti dealer for my SX4 service and had a look at the desire, the car is a stunner, I think lot of cars are in trouble including the swift and the SX4, the back seat is not bad either it surely has enough space for a normal person (I mean sub 6ft person). The engines are already proven to be best in its class (atleast the diesel is). This car is a sure winner.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:44   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
If I were to buy dZeire the rear leg room issue would certainly not be the limiting factor for me. It seems Ok and not as bad as people are making it out to be. Seat cushioning also felt right for two at the rear.
Everyone knows that Swift is a drivers car. I am not sure how many of us will spend much time in the rear. If you have large people to accomodate in the rear, yes then you will have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sadly only the tilt feature is available. Rake adjustment would have been good too. I checked the tilt and didnt match my needs. I had to try different combinations with the seat height adjuster, backrest etc to get a desirable position. I feel one can live without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Does anyone has any idea about the make and model of Dezire inbuilt audio system and speakers?
I guess its Nippon Kenwood as earlier unless they have multiple suppliers. Ram, any info on this? The keyless entry also should be Nippon.
Old 31st March 2008, 20:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Yes they are Nippon stereos in the VXI/VDI,ZXI/ZDI variants.I found it pretty ok.The accessories list has come down mentioning TFT screens.So there might be an option for the screens to be fitted.
ram
Old 31st March 2008, 21:50   #178
BHPian

Is Maruti udyog recruiting new engineers to manage these vehicles service?
Alto, Swift , Swift D then SX4 now Dezire can we expect a quality after sale service?
I think this is going to be a big concern now
Old 31st March 2008, 23:16   #179
BHPian

If the idea is to replace Esteem with DZire (as some of you have pointed out in this thread), why on the earth did they name it Swift DZire? Why this tagging on to the Swift? Because it is a logical "extension" of the Swift (lol)? Why not give it a name independent of Swift? May be they won't let go of Esteem for a while.
Old 1st April 2008, 05:15   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Is Maruti udyog recruiting new engineers to manage these vehicles service?
Alto, Swift , Swift D then SX4 now Dezire can we expect a quality after sale service?
I think this is going to be a big concern now
Dont you get quality A.S.S. at any maruti dealer.The facilities offered are at par to any other service centers IMO.

Most Viewed