Team-BHP - Audi A4 to carry local price Tag
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi A4 to carry local price Tag (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37336-audi-a4-carry-local-price-tag.html)

Audi to drive in A4 comfort for local price- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
When Audi launches A4 in July it will be a CBU.
But you won't pay for a CBU. You will pay for a CKD, and till Audi starts assembling(Dec), they are going to absorb the loss!
Kudos to Audi.
Many manufacturers drop prices later and this leads to eroding of brand value.
Audi has taken a bold decision here.

So what will be the estimated on road price with CKD concessions? Based on the A6 price drops, can we expect 26L for the base 1.8t (Does Audi India even sell with that motor or is it 2.0L base?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 769189)
...Audi has taken a bold decision here.

Very true :), this also indicates good long-term corporate thinking.

But they havent indicated where it will be imported from. If it is going to be imported from a plant in Germany, then it would be a double bonanza for the customers who buy the A4 during this period.

BMW had done the same & I think the Govt. too helped them out in dooing this. So the first batch of the 3-series (then CBU) was sold at the same price as that of the later CKD pieces.

Wonderfully move to lure the initial customers.This would indicate that the advantage merc had in pricing would be diminished.
ram

Well, they need to price the A4 competitively for it to have any impact on the 30 lakh segment. Ideally, the base would be 10% lower than that of Benz / BMW. Nevertheless, I cant wait to test-drive the AWD 3.2 liter. Its going to be the rockstar of that segment.

It will give its cousin, the Passat a bloody nose!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 769269)
I cant wait to test-drive the AWD 3.2 liter. Its going to be the rockstar of that segment.

And the hearsay is, it comes as a six speed manual.
Off topic: All moderators are Audi fans, apparently ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakishRam (Post 769370)
And the hearsay is, it comes as a six speed manual.
Off topic: All moderators are Audi fans, apparently ;)

i doubt it. itll probably come with the 7 speed multitronic which IMO is one of the best auto boxes there are.

Automatic DSGs are very fast transmissions and should not be written off while considering an audi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 769295)
It will give its cousin, the Passat a bloody nose!

Not to mention its illegitimate 3rd Cousin, the Superb. Bring it on, Audi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 769783)
Automatic DSGs are very fast transmissions and should not be written off while considering an audi.

DSG's are awesome...just check my review on the Laura DSG. That box impressed me more than the car itself!

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttt a slick-shifting manual is still unbeatable for pleasure.