Team-BHP - Swift Spares – Are they really expensive ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift Spares – Are they really expensive ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37346-swift-spares-they-really-expensive.html)

Lot of users says Swift’s spares are very costly, two days back windscreen of my Zen got broken I did change the same ( thanks to team-bhpins for there suggestions ) for 3450 Rs at the same time I asked the rate of Front windscreen of the Swift (Make : Asahi India) dealer quoted 2850 with fitting ( no molding ), does it says that Swift’s spares are not costly comparing to Zen Vxi’s, can anybody tell me cost of spares of diesel like fuel filter, Air filter and other general spares ?

I am not sure that this thread is in the right section for this thread.

Anyways, the diesel filter for the Swift is 300 bucks.

ACI survey conducted last year showed Swift was about average in spares parts pricing. The parts were reasonably expensive, though not cheap.

If i remember correctly, swift spares came to around 60k in the segment where Palio 1.6 Stile proved the most expensive around 96k.

But still Swift is cheaper to maintain compared to its competitors , right?

This is a little off-topic as it's about the cost of Honda spares.

My dad has a 2001 OHC VTEC with over 100000+kms. One of the indicators on the instrument panel (I think orange one) started glowing which from the manual meant get engine check asap or else there could be seriously problem. On getting it scanned from Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon (for 500 bucks) it turned that engine was fine but device wasn't functioning properly and hence meant replacement (Honda isn't familiar with the term repair anyway).

The cost for that part Rs 17500/- only!!!! and it's as big as a spark plug!

I believe you are referring to either an O2 sensor or something similar & these sensors are expensive normally.

Yes it might be the oxygen sensor.Its an expensive component in any vehicle but not as expensive as this,lol.It should be in the range of 7500 rs.I haven't heard of any swift customers commenting on the high pricing of swift spares.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicejits (Post 769458)
Swift (Make : Asahi India) dealer quoted 2850 with fitting ( no molding )

Dude, are you sure of the price? The MGA price is Rs.9,000 :Frustrati. Last weekend I had a small crack on my glass because a big flying stone from a truck which was at 60-70kmph hit my glass. Thankfully, the crack isn't felt from inside and bounced off the glass when it hit. Else even my bonet would have been damaged.

And regarding spares, I feel they were very expensive till Swift was a year old in the market. But they have come down considerably now.

[quote=blue_pulsar;770046]Dude, are you sure of the price? The MGA price is Rs.9,000 :Frustrati.

Yes its 2800 Rs only, MGA is always costly, i got quote of 8000RS for front windscreen of zen, i got it fix for 3450 from outside and i got bill of Asahi India

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 769748)
But still Swift is cheaper to maintain compared to its competitors , right?

not really. The i10 and Getz are slightly cheaper.
Mods- would be useful to gave a thread parked with the spare parts pricelist that featured in ACI.

Quote:

I doubt the Getz parts are competitively priced. KBK was also complaining about expensive replacement parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 770392)
Mods- would be useful to gave a thread parked with the spare parts pricelist that featured in ACI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 770552)
I doubt the Getz parts are competitively priced. KBK was also complaining about expensive replacement parts.

Dont know much about Getz but for sure it wont be costlier than an Accent.
I'm pretty comfortable with the spare parts price for it.
Oxygen Sensor for Accent costs me 3900 Rs and that too for DOHC ver. of Accent. Don't know if both the Accents have same sensors. It is much cheaper if compared to other sedans. Getz's sensor much be cheaper than this. Any idea about the price for Oxygen sensors for swift?

Try if you can get a Autocar magazine Feb or March edition. One of them had a complete spare parts comparison for all car segments. I will try to get the page in a soft copy. As far I can remember Swift spares were not expensive compared to other cars in the same segment. Palio has the costliest spares.

In the Autocar Spare parts survey the costliest spares in small car/hatchback category/B segment were Fiat palio followed by Maruti Swift.