Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 16:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Great Engine

Quote:
As far as I remember, Honda, only has one diesel engine, full stop. They had an earlier 2.0l diesel, but that was very quickly phased out for the 2.2 that's commonly available in Europe.
Yes, but it is really a great engine and quite effecient. I believe that they are late bringing it here. Its the Captiva that is bringing that 2.2 honda diesel to india, I think.

I think that this engine holds a record for fuel effeciency under some circumstances with the previous generation accord, not the latest 2008 that has arrived in USA.
Old 26th March 2008, 19:01   #62
BANNED

According to UK Honda site, 2.2 i-CTDi diesel has mileage of 43.5 mpg. Thats 18.5 Kmpl . With an FE of 18.5, diesel CRV is a hit before launch. Hope Honda India works out the logistics and get this CRV ASAP
Old 26th March 2008, 20:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Yes it has fantastic fuel economy but is it worth paying 21L+ for it? This rubbish about being a premium car maker really gets to me - as someone else said - reduce prices and sell more!
I think the petrol CRV will come under pressure from the Mitsu Outlander. Hopefully that will make Honda think about its prices.
We need trailblazers in this market - a la Maruti that is now packing its cars with features at good prices. Case in point the SX4 and Dzire. They sure are making Honda and others think about their value proposition.
Old 26th March 2008, 20:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
@shatrughna
I have only seen the diesel Honda's with manual transmission in Europe. Japanese manufacturers for some reason have a tough time matting a diesel engine with auto transmission. I can hardly think of any (at this moment in time, I can't think of any)!
If that is the matter then shouldnt the ford have introduced an automatic transmission on their premium endevaour thunder !!!!!!!!

I dont know why all manufacturers of such premium diesel suv s/ muv s shy away from auto boxes is the know how and service of it expensive compared to manual s ?but modern automatics are very reliable !!
Old 26th March 2008, 21:46   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
According to UK Honda site, 2.2 i-CTDi diesel has mileage of 43.5 mpg. Thats 18.5 Kmpl . With an FE of 18.5, diesel CRV is a hit before launch. Hope Honda India works out the logistics and get this CRV ASAP
Thats 15.5kmpl not 18.5. 15.4 is no big deal, even the safari 2.2 is capable of that on combined driving cycle.
(US gallon is 3.5L UK Gallon is 4.54 Liters)
Old 26th March 2008, 21:48   #66
BHPian

Wow! The SUV segment is hotting up.

While Captiva will bebringing intheir fully loaded model (Traction Control, Sunroof, 4X4, Auto DSG, ESP) @ 20L - which will be absolutely ripper at this price. While GM will be extreme Value for Money, Santa Fe will be all brilliance.

Honda iCTD will have to be watch not to raise their price too high near Nissan X-Trail. Nissan is planning to bring in their all new X-Trail which is a gem too.

For sure, Honda iCTD will be priced 4-5 lacs above fully loaded Captiva.
Auto Car India article says, iCTD will not be a fully loaded model. So what's the fun of shelling out close to 22 lacs and still not getting high-end features!
Old 27th March 2008, 10:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Wow! The SUV segment is hotting up.

While Captiva will bebringing intheir fully loaded model (Traction Control, Sunroof, 4X4, Auto DSG, ESP) @ 20L - which will be absolutely ripper at this price. While GM will be extreme Value for Money, Santa Fe will be all brilliance.

Honda iCTD will have to be watch not to raise their price too high near Nissan X-Trail. Nissan is planning to bring in their all new X-Trail which is a gem too.

For sure, Honda iCTD will be priced 4-5 lacs above fully loaded Captiva.
Auto Car India article says, iCTD will not be a fully loaded model. So what's the fun of shelling out close to 22 lacs and still not getting high-end features!
Honda diesel at 21 lakhs or more is just not an option to be considered(IMHO). Captiva , if they bring their top end model at similar price
Old 27th March 2008, 11:01   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Unbelivable news,Honda was cursing indian fuels as a reason for not launching diesels in india.

BTW Hyundai,GM and Skoda should be scared.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:10   #69
BHPian

Crv is already a hit with elite, but am sure if they re work on thier price structure, they will have good volumes as well, diesel will get accepted in India as soon as they launch it, but see where the price is going, atleast we have some precieve value of cars
money really loosing value

W.Ajay
Old 27th March 2008, 14:37   #70
BHPian

Honda is not at all value for money. Its imperitive for Honda not get carried away with the success of City, Civic and CRV. The competition is warming up and Honda will have tough time ahead.

Corolla is coming with a gem of a diesel engine and it will be an instant hit. SX4 has made life difficult for City and now City will have to compete with Swift Sedan which is excellent VFM. Laura TDI RS will be another strong contender.

CRV (whether diesel or petrol) will stiff competition from FULLY LOADED Outlander, Captiva and Santa FE. To be very frank, CRV had no real competition till yet. Let's wait and see how it fares against the likes of FULLY LOADED 7-SEATERS Outlander, Captiva and Santa FE.

In India' Silky Smooth engines and handling alone will not take you all the way forever. You need to get practical and provide excellent VFM vehicles to Indian buyers time and again.

It all bold down to pricing of these SUV's.
Old 27th March 2008, 14:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let's wait and see how it fares against the likes of FULLY LOADED 7-SEATERS Outlander, Captiva and Santa FE.
Isn't the Outlander coming here a 5 seater?

Last edited by suman : 27th March 2008 at 14:54.
Old 27th March 2008, 14:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I think it's 7 seater. Local MB dealer is my friend and according to him there will be only 1 trim level and that will be the loaded one and it will be 7 seats. He wasn't 100% pure as nothing has been said officially by HM. Speculation all around before launch is very common in India, I dont know why.
Old 27th March 2008, 15:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Local MB dealer is my friend and according to him there will be only 1 trim level and that will be the loaded one and it will be 7 seats.
So what's he saying about the price? They're going to price it closer to 20 than to 15 right?
Old 27th March 2008, 16:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I have read somewhere that it will be five seater in India due to spare tyre rule being compulsory. So they need space to put that tyre hence no third seat. just a speculation. I wish its a seven seater, better still if Captiva with DSG, is launched as a 7 seater- hey I have a big family.
Old 28th March 2008, 17:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
So what's he saying about the price? They're going to price it closer to 20 than to 15 right?
Around 18 lacs Ex. Showroom New Delhi

I guess in Mumbai it will get costlier.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks