Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 11:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
So which diesel engine is expected in Linea and GP in India?
Grande Punto: 1.3 MJD 75bhp. (Hopefully the 1.3 90bhp also!)

Linea: 1.3 MJD 90bhp.
Old 25th March 2008, 16:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

One of the news channels this morning was flashing that Fiat India has no plans to launch any vehicle in India in 2009. So are they launching the GP, Linea etc. this year itself?

I like the exteriors of the Stile and the interiors of the 2008 Palio.
Old 25th March 2008, 22:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
One of the news channels this morning was flashing that Fiat India has no plans to launch any vehicle in India in 2009. So are they launching the GP, Linea etc. this year itself?

I like the exteriors of the Stile and the interiors of the 2008 Palio.
Yes, Linea by September 08 and Grande Punto by December 08.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:13   #64
BHPian

2009 Fiat Palio

Posting info in the right thread as directed by Mods.

Following the Linea and Grande Punto, Fiat may refurbish its decade old workhorse Palio. Brazilian market will see this facelifted Palio first. The facelifted palio features changes in exteriors and interiors. At the front, Fiat has given the 2009 palio redesigned bumper,new headlamps and new grille. The new grille is modern and cuts into the bumper well giving the 2009 palio a contemporary look. We seen this kind of styling in every modern hatchbacks - Hyundai i10 and Suzuki’s A-star are obvious examples. Seems like Fiat has sourced parts from siena for this 2009 palio. However the rear remains unchanged. It was recently reported by autocar Fiat may give palio an all new dashboard to extend the car’s lifeterm. Joining the dots, we can expect a moderate facelift for palio in 2009 or early 2010. Fiat will launch the facelifted palio in Brazil in a few weeks tims. As the next generation Palio is expected by end 2010 or early 2011, expect this facelifted 2009 palio soon in India.

Source: 2009 Fiat Palio | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

Although I dont think Palio will be facelifted so early in India but lets see cause Next generation Palio is anyway expected by 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Palio...will it be in India?-fiat_palio_2009_1300x200.jpg  

Old 7th January 2009, 11:21   #65
BHPian

Palio seriously needs an upgrade, i hope Fiat is listening. But chances are very less, as they are more focusing on their two new products Linea and GP.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Palio really doesn't need external refurbishing. S10 even today looks hottest hatch on road. It still has best engines in a hatch.

What it needs is much better interior, safety (read ABS/Airbags) and comfort features inside. I wonder, why Fiat is focusing on external looks than focusing on these areas?
Old 7th January 2009, 11:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Palio really doesn't need external refurbishing. S10 even today looks hottest hatch on road. It still has best engines in a hatch.

What it needs is much better interior, safety (read ABS/Airbags) and comfort features inside. I wonder, why Fiat is focusing on external looks than focusing on these areas?
I'll second that. FIAT should focus more on giving us ABS/Airbags on most of its Palio variants (atleast make it optional !). Its sad to see that it's built like a tank and lacks ABS :(

But coming to the new updated Palio, I don't think FIAT will upset its cart as of now. They have a moderately successful Palio, are getting good feelers for the Linea and mild curisoity for the GP. They should focus on these first in terms of after sales and service and then think about changing the Palio, if at all.

Although updated interiors and ABS would indeed be a wish come true.
Old 7th January 2009, 12:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135

+1
Though the front of Stile looks Hot the old one looked good too. They seriously need to revamp their interiors.
Old 7th January 2009, 12:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

fiat should really focus on service i say.
in Bangalore barely 2-3 authorized service centers not all tata service centers take in palios.
Old 18th October 2009, 01:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Fiat readies to give Palio a new life

Fiat to launch a refreshed Palio in the next 3-4 months with:

- A competitive price tag.
- A facelift: may get a new grille and a new dashboard assembly, much on the lines of the recently launched and facelifted Brazilian Palio.
- 1.1 and 1.6 Petrol engines maybe upgraded to Euro-IV or replaced with Punto's 1.2 and 1.4 engines. 1.3 Multijet is already Euro-IV compliant.

Source: BSM - Fiat readies to give Palio new life after a long struggle in sales
Old 19th October 2009, 21:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Have the guys at Fiat gone out of their minds?

Already the Tata-Fiat showrooms are facing product overlaps and hen another blunder in the name of "new palio" comes, only to be killed prematurely by vista, which is a more trustworthy product.

The truth is give it many facelifts or change or do whatever, the new palio will NEVER succeed in India.

This car has lived its shelf life, it was a product that spoiled Fiat's image and again, Fiat is digging a drain for itself and willing to jump into it.

Spares will again not be available, so whats the point in relaunching the car which is actually 13 years old and now looks ugly?
Old 19th October 2009, 22:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

yes i agree that tata and fiat's alliance helped fiat in someway.
but now the alliance is proving to be a liability to them.Both the companys products are positioned in the same category (eg Linea and manza , Palio /punto and vista).

Moreover at least in Bangalore very select tata A-S-S take in fiat vehicles.
i feel fiat should take things into their own hands now.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have simply lost trust in Fiat. Now I know the importance of listening to my parents and helping them to buy the jazz.

I wanted a GP for myself, and I think now that it will be something else.
Old 20th October 2009, 02:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I have simply lost trust in Fiat. Now I know the importance of listening to my parents and helping them to buy the jazz.

I wanted a GP for myself, and I think now that it will be something else.
All this just because they wanna sell the Palio?
Didnt you already buy a Jazz, buddy?
Old 20th October 2009, 15:54   #75
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th October 2009 at 16:17. Reason: Note Inline
tortoiseNhare is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks