Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 23:05   #46
BHPian

i had heard that this version would be made available in 2009 end or 2010, interiors could have been overhauled in stile but looking at the numbers sold and the price cuts needed to make the sales not really possible for FIAT to do the same.
AFAIK there are no plans for this model soon and even i prefer the current stile model for the exteriors[]
Old 24th March 2008, 23:19   #47
BHPian

The rear is not appealing though front looks better. I don't think Fiat would put this baby to Indian roads.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:20   #48
BHPian

Looks good.
Compare it to the stile, which was released abroad years ago.
Shouldn't be as slow but def dont expect it to come by anytime soon.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:25   #49
BHPian

I think this model is exclusively made for the Brazilian market and wont be launched in India. And yes i agree with most of the members here, the Palio Stile available here is more better looking.
Btw the new Fiat logo is red na?; how come this still sports the blue one?

Dhaval
Old 24th March 2008, 23:35   #50
BHPian

a similar thread already exisits ... mods please merge
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ome-india.html

Last edited by Karandeep81 : 24th March 2008 at 23:38.
Old 25th March 2008, 00:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
To be very ambitious, I wish it replaces the current one. It's too old and reminds of M800 now.
But in practical terms, it may take a while if they do launch this here.
But why is Palio launched in South american countries and other lesser developed/so called countries?
Brazil is not a lesser developed country. And it has a good market for automobiles. If I am not wrong Fiat is the market leader there
Old 25th March 2008, 00:28   #52
BHPian

like the interior and rear.

but i dont think Fiat will launch palio anymore since they have GP and Linea in the waiting queue.
Old 25th March 2008, 00:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well the palio is the only MUSCLE HATCH of india, & the current facelift from the introduction of the MULTIJET made it more better. Only the bad part about the car is the interiors which looks tremendously dated & i dont know why fiat thought that by making parts of the interior beige, it will look good.
Watever, i really dont want the new Palio to be here but want the interiors to be here in india. The new car is just a car not a MUSCLE HATCH like the older one.
Old 25th March 2008, 01:07   #54
BHPian

FIAT to invest more in India

FIAT is poised to invest another 2300 odd crores into its Pune plant. This is supposed to increase the capacity of this plant to 2 lac cars and 3 lac engines.

Their existing plant is capable of 1 lac cars and 2 lac engines, but I don't believe even this is being utilized. Not to sound sceptical but I'm not sure if FIAT needs to invest so much without taking care of their current issues of A.S.S and parts supply.

Since this is a joint venture with TATA, it is possible that TATA actually uses more of this facility that FIAT actually does, really would not be suprised if this happens.

Source : Times of India

Last edited by thangu : 25th March 2008 at 01:09. Reason: Added the source for the information.
Old 25th March 2008, 01:19   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangu View Post
Their existing plant is capable of 1 lac cars and 2 lac engines, but I don't believe even this is being utilized. Not to sound sceptical but I'm not sure if FIAT needs to invest so much without taking care of their current issues of A.S.S and parts supply.
And their current sales target is around 3000 cars a year! A long time to go before they need a plant capable of more than 1 lakh cars a year.

I feel TATA has more to gain from this investment, and also from the TATA-FIAT tie up.
Old 25th March 2008, 08:28   #56
BHPian

FIAT is planning to export cars from Pune's manufacturing facility, Grande Punto will be export oriented & as well as for local consumption.. same is true for LINEA as well

multijet Diesel engines will be consumed by both FIAT & TATA & hence the huge capacity planing + investment....

FIAT, always...
Old 25th March 2008, 11:13   #57
BHPian

What about their after sales service and availability / price of spares. Before launching new models, Fiat should sort out these issues first.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
What about their after sales service and availability / price of spares. Before launching new models, Fiat should sort out these issues first.
After sales service is not an issue at present but they should concentrate on availability of spares and should revise the prices of spares.Even after tata taking care of fiat cars still the availability of parts are an issue which is why still it lacks customer's faith even though fiat cars are better than most cars from other brands.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

As per that article, Fiat will manufacture the 1.9 JTD engines for export. Why the hell can't they launch the GP and Linea with this engine? For a start just bring in 1.9 GP and Linea as a single fully loaded variant and then let the market decide.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
As per that article, Fiat will manufacture the 1.9 JTD engines for export. Why the hell can't they launch the GP and Linea with this engine? For a start just bring in 1.9 GP and Linea as a single fully loaded variant and then let the market decide.
So which diesel engine is expected in Linea and GP in India?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed